• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vondick

vondick

• Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

http://www.ted.com/t...rs_of_life.html

So here is a TedTalk about a woman who is also a game designer, who got post concussion syndrome and turned her recovery into a game. I went into it thinking that it was probably going to be really dumb, and at the start of the video I sort of hated her voice and hated her for being so cheery (I must be PMSing because I'm really usually quite cheery myself and certainly not this full of hate hahahah)

Anyhow, in the end she won me over and made me smile and I think I'm going to try this absolutely ridiculous game called superbetter.

Really quite very sure I'm on the spectrum. Awaiting report back from assessment.
Recently quit Wellbutrin XL 150, taking Dexedrine spansules when I can afford it.
A little slow with social interaction- if I offend you do not hesitate to let me know, chances are I really didn't mean it.

#2 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 20881 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

This was really interesting, and it kept my attention the whole time, which not much does for 20 minutes straight.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Flonase, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I'm still kind of mad they never actually told us how to get to Sesame Street."

#3 your_illusion97

your_illusion97

Struggle is the price you pay

• Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

My friend introduced me to this back in September, its pretty cool, but I have kinda slacked off on playing with it. She showed it to me because it helped her with her anxiety.

Diagnosis: Bipolar 1, GAD, ADD
twice daily
Current meds: Lamictal 400mg 1x daily, Lithium ER 900mg ,,Adderall XR 30mg 2x daily, Klonopin 2mg 2x daily, Vistaril  50mg , Geodon 60mg at bedtime, Lexapro 10mg at bedtime, Procardia XL 30mg( for HBP), Asprin 81mg, Zyrtec 10mg x1 daily,

Previous: Abilify 15mg, Zoloft 50mg, Lexapro 10mg, Zyprexa, Seroquel plain and XR, Trazadone,Vyvanse , Neurontin 100mg, Strattera, Geodon 120mg &160mg, Adderall 30mg, Wellbutrin XL 300mgmg, Geodon 80mg, Paxil, Risperdal, Buspar

#4 Wooster

Wooster

"I need a drink and a peer group." -Ford Prefect

• Admin
  • 5978 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Cute.

If we could only link it to Minecraft!

Boards I mod on: self harm, panic/anxiety, ptsd, ocd, dissociative, sleep, not otherwise specified, benzos, lifestyle alternatives, therapy, health care system

Current meds: 60# golden retriever service dog, (swellbutrin, light box, vitamin D for the impending lack of sunlight blahs)

*disclaimer--Nothing I write should be construed as professional advice or creating a therapeutic relationship.*

Hurray! I *finally* figured out how to correct my starting weight on MFP!
21850981.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

#5 Phoenix_Rising

Phoenix_Rising

Medicated for your safety

• Inmate
  • 3757 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I really enjoyed her talk and found it very interesting.  Thanks for posting.

Current Dx: BPII, GAD, OCD and PTSD

Other crap: sleep apnea and diabetes type II

Rx: Prozac 20 mg; Zyprexa 15 mg; Gabapentin 1200 mg; Vyvanse 100 mg;  Klonopin 2 mg and prn; Lithium 900 mg; Meformin 2000 mg; Metropolol 200 mg; Premarin .625 mg  Insulin 19 mg

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me? Crazy?  I should get down off this unicorn and slap you.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a mental health care professional, please seek out a professional's advice.

#6 vondick

vondick

• Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

I'm trying to think of good powerups, I really like the idea of that. The past few days I've been using hugging my dog, and going into the bathroom and taking breaks. The former one is actually really handy for me, to just have alone time breaks if I'm in a really social setting.

Really quite very sure I'm on the spectrum. Awaiting report back from assessment.
Recently quit Wellbutrin XL 150, taking Dexedrine spansules when I can afford it.
A little slow with social interaction- if I offend you do not hesitate to let me know, chances are I really didn't mean it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TedTalk, game, goals, fun

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.