lamictal dosage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daisy131864

daisy131864

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

ok so i titrated up from 12.5 to 25 mg of lamictal last wednesday, got the rash, and immediately went back down. now my period came 10 days EARLY and it's pretty heavy. does lamictal play with hormones? or does this constitute a call to the old gyno? and it's not a miscarriage. thanks!

Dx: Bipolar NOS, GAD, panic attacks w/o agoraphobia, insulin resistance, anemia, hypothyroidism

Rx: Abilify 10 mg, 2 mg Xanax, 50 mg Trazodone, 500 mg Metformin, 1 grain Armour, 50,000 units VitD once monthly, 325 mg Ferrous Sulfate

#2 skye

skye

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'd call the doctor who prescribed it to make sure you're ok. It seems like that it a common side-effect too. I read it on a few pages. Always better to be safe though and check in with someone! 

Edited by skye, 01 February 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Hello, seizuredplz.gifI'm Skye

I have GAD

Dx: DID, GAD, BU, borderline, panic disorder, substance 
Current Rx: prozac 40mg, seroquel XR 50mg, seroquel (as needed) 12.5mg
Past Rx: prozac, zoloft 150mg, ativan 1mg

#3 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 20761 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

My period when I started Lamictal was already abnormal so I don't know personally, but I have read I think on CB somewhere.  Maybe do a search for a thread talking about that.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Flonase, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

#4 Titania

Titania

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 5260 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I believe that it can, the Patient Information sheet would confirm it for you, or possibly ask a pharmacist if you would feel comfortable.

“I am naïve and I have fucked up but I tell you something else. I believe in change. I don't mind getting my hands dirty because my hands are dirty already. I don't mind giving my life to this because I'm only alive because of the compassion and love of others.” Russell Brand.

"She said to go ahead and feel the feelings. I did. They felt like shit." Anne Lammot.

"you are not too old/and it is not too late/to dive into your increasing depths/where life calmly gives out/it's own secret" Rilke

"You," he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain." Emilie Autumn - The Asylum For WayWard Victorian Girls.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.