• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 r2mnot

r2mnot

• Pip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Corporations are people, right?

So the topic of "Walmart sucks," belongs here? It's a person. One that sucks the life out of our communities.

We go there because we're poor and it's close. It's a trap.

Anyway, we got the Walmart brand kitchen trash bags. They smell exactly like a certain brand of roach spray.  I get a headache every time I go near the trash can. This can't be healthy for anyone.

I hate Walmart.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-Dalai lama

#2 InfiniteInsanity

InfiniteInsanity

• Pip
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

That doesn't sound healthy at all. Unfortunately, so many places care about money, money, money, not the quality of stuff. :(

Diagnoses: Schizoaffective bipolar type, self-harm, OCD, ADHD, PTSD, Possible ED, and possibly a personality disorder
Current Meds: 900mg Lithium, 300mg Seroquel , 100mg Amitriptyline, 40mg Vyvanse , .5mg Xanax as needed, .5mg Cogentin
Meds I took that didn't work:  Abilify, Prozac, Latuda, Saphris, Geodon (too big to swallow), Risperdal, Lamictal, 
Effexor

Also, my name may seem masculine or gender neutral, but I am a lady! :)

#3 sylvan

sylvan

Pill Party

• Admin
  • 4162 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'd take them back if it was me.  Tell them you can't stand the smell and ask for your money back.  I've never smelled trash bags that smelled like anything but trash bags.  Well, except for the fancy ones with Febreze in them.  If you've bought them before and not noticed the smell them I'm betting something happened in shipping.  Like maybe a can of bug spray got lose.  They shouldn't have any problem with the return.  

It has been a year since one of the best people that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing passed away. He was strong, intelligent, caring, and honest. I had the honor of calling him Daddy. I will miss both my parents for as long as I live. I hope that I can be even half as good of a spouse, parent, and friend as the two of them were. Life is now forever changed for me. It will never be like it was. That doesn't mean it will all be bad, it will just be different.

#4 eldorado

eldorado

village idiot

• Pip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Not to nit-pick, but this is the way I see it.

people>animals>plants>bacteria>inanimate objects>mathematical concepts>realestate>works of fiction>coporations

​BPI  and stuff   You are not your diagnosis. 

Indifference:  (noun)  The amount of time between when the event occurs and the pain manifests. 

#5 The Emperor

The Emperor

Is there a hole for me to get sick in?

• Pip
  • 3688 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

I get headaches from chemical smells a lot. That would piss me off.

And yeah, Walmart DOES suck. If it's a person, it doesn't have a heart, treats its employees like utter garbage and a million other things. I've had like, three panic attacks in the past two years and two of those were at a Walmart. I hate going there because of what the corporation is like. ALSO they have that stupid fucking warehouse lighting and nothing looks right and the aisles are weird and I just freak the hell out in there. I've only been to Walmart twice in the past six years, I think. Maybe longer.

Fuck Walmart.

EDIT: I forgot to give props to my meds and therapy for the panic attack frequency these days. Used to have at least one every day. SO YAY MEDS AND THERAPY!

Edited by The Emperor, 04 February 2013 - 10:23 PM.

What the docs wrote down about my Crazy: Bipolar II, Some anxiety issue
The pills they give me to fix this shit: Lamictal 175mg, clonazepam 1mg , Trileptal 600mg
Pills that did NOT fix this shit: Sertraline, Buspirone, Mirtazipine, Paroxetine, Gabapentin, Effexor XR, Lorazepam, Cymbalta(twice), Zolpidem, Bupropion XL, Pristiq, Fluoxetine, Vistaril, Lexapro, Celexa, Trazodone, Geodon

Pills that worked well enough but side effects were total shit so I stopped: Abilify, Lithium, valium

sun moon stars rain

#6 r2mnot

r2mnot

• Pip
  • 533 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Eldorado, would you mind elaborating a little?

Sylvan, my husband would have to take the bags back on his way to or from work, which won't happen. He thinks that the bags smell fine and that I'm exaggerating.

Emperor, I've always gotten headaches from certain chemical smells too. Air fresheners are the worst. I don't think spraying chemicals into the air we breathe is a very smart idea anyway.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-Dalai lama

#7 Mim

Mim

Gentleman loser

• Pip
  • 2137 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

I am behind this. Walmart does suck. I swear they put something in the air there designed to give me headaches. :P The one where I live frequently does not carry items we want/need. Their produce sucks, too. And why have 25 checkouts if only four of them are open? *sigh*

Happily, there's a small grocery store nearby, so we go to Walmart much less often now. I like this development.

Edited by Mim, 17 February 2013 - 12:12 AM.

"I THINK WE CAN DISPENSE WITH THAT BORING OLD SHIT, DON'T YOU?" Blaine asked.

Dx: Pending new doc assessment
Currently unmedicated

I kept a chain upon my door that would shake the shame of Cain into a blind submission.

#8 Mirazh

Mirazh

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons - and make SUPER LEMONS.

• Inmate
  • 2258 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I agree with the Walmart suckage.

Couple years ago we were trying to do a move during April, there had been snow not too long ago and there was a huge mountain of ice from thaw/freeze cycles that we often get during spring.  Or winter, for that matter.  Anyway we really, really needed some sidewalk salt ya know?  I hit up a Walmart near work 'cause they were closest.  They'd already sent all their sidewalk salt back to whatever central warehouse they use around here.  Guess it's usually part of their seasonal section.  Which is just fucked for a store up here in Canada.  Just saying.  No sidewalk salt in April????  WTF????

Safeway saved my butt.  They carry that shit year-round up here.  Much love. <3 <3 <3

Important Info: Neighbourhood punkicorn and emogoff; definitely not a doctor.  A crazy like the rest of you -- user first and moderator second.  For understanding, extended thanks.  Further info is on my profile.  Also on my Moderator Intro Post.

Pronouns (to eliminate confusion) :  ne / nem / nir / nemself

tumblr_inline_n7dsmwRe2n1rghkw5.png

#9 Genevieve

Genevieve

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Walmart gives me panic attacks.

Dx: C-PTSD, MDD, panic disorder with agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder

Rx: Prozac 60 mg, Abilify 2 mg, Amitriptyline 10 mg

PRNs: Clonazepam 0.5 mg 

Previous meds: Paxil, Celexa, Effexor XR (for 7 years), Pristiq, Cymbalta, Ativan, Seroquel XR and IR, Remeron, Trazodone, Wellbutrin, Prazosin

#10 TXkkrazy

TXkkrazy

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I fucking HATE Walmart!!! It is always a zoo. The people who work there are rude. I have had to take anxiety med just to survive it without beating the shit out of somebody. So now I just avoid the place and shop elsewhere.

#11 TXkkrazy

TXkkrazy

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

I fucking HATE Walmart!!! It is always a zoo. The people who work there are rude. I have had to take anxiety med just to survive it without beating the shit out of somebody. So now I just avoid the place and shop elsewhere.

[attachment=3276:Boycott_Walmart.jpg]

#12 bluechick

bluechick

• Pip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

There words: A MAZE ING!

I LOVE Wal-Mart! The people watching is superb.

Last weekend I saw two women get into a fist fight in the parking lot because one woman called the other woman's car ugly.

And before you get all uppity, may I remind you that they got into a fight over esthetic differences in their choice of vehicle. There is something just inherently awesome about that.

My DH agrees with all of you, though. He hates the place.

Dx: Bipolar Disorder I, ADD, BDD
Rx: Lamictal 300mg; Wellbutrin 300mg: Celexa 40mg
FAIL: Lithium; Geodon. Abilify

#13 FlamelessCandle

FlamelessCandle

A candle without a flame sheds no light...

• Pip
  • 1653 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

I assume many are familiar with the website "People of WalMart"..... it is quite hilarious.   I don't have the link handy, but you can easily google it.    If you haven't seen it, you should take a look.  

Also, if you happen to have a Costco in your area, that corporation actually is a pretty good corporate citizen.  They pay their people well, provide health insurance, etc.  There is a cost to join/shop there..... I suppose similar to Sam's Club vs. Walmart.  

I taught a course on corporate fraud a couple of semesters ago, and WalMart has had several lawsuits against it (more than several) for bribing local officials in other countries where they are expanding rapidly.  The most recent was in Mexico - they bribed local government people to obtain building permits, bypass public hearings when building new stores, etc.    

Very interesting case study in corporate ethics.  But they offer products at inexpensive prices, and that's what people need in this economy.  So ????

DX: (1) Major depressive disorder  (2) Anxiety/panic disorder    (3) Substance abuse (opiates) in remission . .  .  six+ years sober

Psych RX:   Lexapro, 20 mg.   

Non-psych RX:  Levothyroxine (for hypothyroidism)  112 mcg daily & Triamterene/Hctz 37.5/25  (diuretic for unexplained swelling in legs) + Potassium supplement 

Prior RX

Klonopin (clonazepam)   (tapered off completely from Feb 2013 - August 2013 after 10 years ... went from 4 mg / day in Jan. 2013 to ZERO by Aug. 2013) 

Suboxone (buprenorphine/naloxone) ended treatment for good January 2013 / ending dose  2mgs/day.

LOTUS

1a094b77-6561-4df2-a113-05fdeddf47f6_zps

#14 melissaw72

melissaw72

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

• Pip
  • 17938 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

You're right ... the "people of walmart" you tubes are really funny.  Just google it and a bunch come up.

I also agree that Costco is a great place to shop.  It does require a membership cost to join, but with their prices (on most things) it pays for itself.

Current Psychiatric Dxs ... Schizoaffective, bipolar type; Anxiety disorder, PTSD, agoraphobia

Also recovered Anorexic/Bulimic finally after 20 years.

Current meds: Provigil, Klonopin, Xanax, Naltrexone, Wellbutrin SR, Abilify, Lamictal, Prozac, Lansoprazole, Linzess, QVAR inhaler, Xopenex inhaler, Methimazole, Flonase, Propranolol, Flexeril, Zofran.

Any questions just ask :)

"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I think I'll make a few more."

#15 Brokendishes

Brokendishes

• Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

It's not your imagination...those bags do stink!!! I know the ones you're talking about! I bought them once and threw them out they reeked!!!

My mom buys some shit at Walmart like garbage bage (a non-toxic kind lol) but I won't buy shit there...The place sucks and I can't go there without wanting to just beat the living shit out of someone

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.