• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tara Dactyl

Tara Dactyl

Just me :)

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hi, I just joined here. I'm Tara. I am bipolar 2 and have borderline personality disorder. I have a great psychiatrist, he really seems to know what he's talking about. He put me on Abilify (10mg) and Prozac (20mg). They work wonderoulsy! I have only minor mood swings and my anxiety is almost completely gone.

I'm an open book. :) Feel free to talk to me about anything. :D

I am bipolar 2 and have borderline personality disorder.

#2 amy5000

amy5000

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hey Tara. I have bipolar 2 also, and I'm probably pretty close to borderline.  It is invaluable to have a psychiatrist that you like and trust. It's great that you're doing so well! Hopefully you can share some wisdom.

dx: bipolar 2, gad, "mixed personality disorder" blah blah

meds: trileptal 300mg, viibryd 20mg, gabapentin 300mg PRN, clonazepam .5mg PRN

#3 The Emperor

The Emperor

Is there a hole for me to get sick in?

• Pip
  • 3692 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

That's a cool username, Tara. I was on Abilify for a few years and I freaking loved that pill for depression and anxiety. It probably helped with the hypomania as well, but I'm not really completely sure about that. Thought it was a miracle pill. Glad it is helping you! 

Welcome to CB!

What the docs wrote down about my Crazy: Bipolar II, Some anxiety issue
The pills they give me to fix this shit: Lamictal 175mg, clonazepam 1mg , Trileptal 600mg
Pills that did NOT fix this shit: Sertraline, Buspirone, Mirtazipine, Paroxetine, Gabapentin, Effexor XR, Lorazepam, Cymbalta(twice), Zolpidem, Bupropion XL, Pristiq, Fluoxetine, Vistaril, Lexapro, Celexa, Trazodone, Geodon

Pills that worked well enough but side effects were total shit so I stopped: Abilify, Lithium, valium

sun moon stars rain

#4 Crazymusician0704

Crazymusician0704

Fire crazy monster

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Welcome to CB! :) I have Bipolar 2 as well, hope you like it here, and I like your username :)

Dx: Atypical Bipolar II, Psychosis, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, ADHD, Anorexia (recovered), Asthma, Hypoglycemia, Chronic Sinusitis (recovered with surgery), Insomnia, Accomodative Esotropia, Asperger's (possibly)

Rx: , Thorazine 10mg (3xday), Ambien 10mg (PM), Ventolin (PRN), Klonopin .5mg (2xday PRN), Wellbutrin 300mg (AM), Lamictal 25mg (2xday) and going up

Past Rx: Zyprexa, Abilify, Celexa, Seroquel XR, Saphris, Cogentin, Geodon, Lexapro, Depakote (getting weaned off!!!! as of 7/14/13, I'm on 250mg 3xday instead of 500mg 3xday), Ativan

"My songs know what you did in the dark, so light em up"

I'm actually doing considerably better than I was a few months ago when I joined here. I came here while I was hallucinating, having some intense delusions, couldn't control my anger (ie tearing the door off of the wall), and would fall flat on my face in a puddle of depression that would last for months. 

I haven't had a manic phase since I went IP in May...I was manic probably a few days/weeks before that. 

I've been depressed but only for short times, been suicidal yeah, but been able to keep busy.

I have a job now, so I'm making something of myself and I'm moving out of my parents house in a few weeks :)

I'd say I went from :wall: to  :D

If anyone needs any help, just let me know, I'm happy to help!

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.