• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pick377

pick377

blankity blank of a blank

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

so im finally coming clean about my self destructive tendencys to myself and hopefully my tdoc tommorrow

i dont know if its just anger or maladaptive way of coping with my depression or what but sometimes i feel like i need to self destruct

it used to be when the fit was upon me i would just go misuse whatever drug i could find.  But ive been trying to stop that before i get carried away.

anyways now that ive been trying to stop the drugs its bothering me in other ways.  I keep thinking of starting fights sabatoging relationships, this coupled with thoughts about self harm, something ive never had trouble with have really been bothering me.

thaks for listening...  reading.. whatever

#2 pick377

pick377

blankity blank of a blank

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

ooops didnt mean to spell With wrong....  oh well

#3 Eden

Eden

• Pip
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

I find that a few common reasons for such compulsions (not necessarily the reason for yours) are essentially just base emotions, where it gets fuzzy is in the situational details. Say you're angry and can't voice it for whatever reason, sad and have no one to talk to, happy and feel like you shouldn't be. Where a lot of us get caught in this rut of self destructive behavior is when we want SO BADLY to just do something, anything. We are emotionally charged but we don't seem to have any obvious options. I've known a good number of people to say more or less the same thing I have, "I can't hurt anyone else.. I can't change things.. I can't do anything, but if I'm only harming myself I have no one to apologize to, only myself, it's my decision, I can have this one little bit of control."

Sometimes.. it just comes down to wanting a little bit of power.. just the ability to do something. The one thing that is important to learn from the experience is that it never helps, it never fixes anything, it often makes things worse, and believe it or not... despite how things may seem.. there are ALWAYS options.

Maybe unrelated to yourself.. but around the same time another lesson slapped me in the face. Sometimes the best thing you can do is nothing at all, doing nothing with clear intent is often far more powerful than doing something drastic without reason. Hmm.. maybe another topic entirely.

I hope you find relief, regards.

Edited by Eden, 05 February 2013 - 04:28 AM.

New Dx: Psychosis NOS, MDD + Aspergers and ADHD Inattentive type w/ social anxiety.
Also: Celiac disease and chronic 'flavor of the week' insomnia.

-Scratch that, uncle Sam gave me a clean bill of health cuz I talk gud n stuff.

"Mankind are a herd of knaves and fools.
It is necessary to join the crowd, or get out of their way,
in order not to be trampled to death by them" William Hazlitt.

One does not simply walk into dictionary.

#4 wj74

wj74

complicated

• Pip
  • 2255 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

I tend to be like that when I am decompensating, mixed or delusional. I will have mind flashes of cutting, shooting up or the like. Anything to take the mental pain away. It sucks.

SZA, bipolar type.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.