Photo

Crap. So most e-cigs have propylene glycol?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TOT

TOT

• Pip
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Edited by TOT, 19 March 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#2 The Emperor

The Emperor

Is there a hole for me to get sick in?

• Pip
  • 3722 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Some companies use vegetable glycerin instead. The vapor is heavier. . . it IS thicker, so much more likely to clog your atomizer. I know Johnson's Creek sells e-liquid that is VG only. I used PG because I didn't want to clog my atomizers all the time. I have used VG as well, and it didn't clog them, but that was for a brief period. That being said, I still felt better than ever even using the PG. No problem with me for that. I used to make my own e-liquid too, so sometimes I'd get a PG/VG mixed base to work with before I added the nicotine liquid and flavoring.

I'm not in that game anymore, but I knew a shit ton about those things for a good three years. I loved them. Apparently the appeal of cancer from cigarettes somehow outweighs that, so I smoke now.

But yes, you can totally find vegetable glycerin e-cig juice. Easy as pie :)

What the docs wrote down about my Crazy: Bipolar II, Some anxiety issue
The pills they give me to fix this shit: Lamictal 175mg, clonazepam 1mg , Trileptal 600mg
Pills that did NOT fix this shit: Sertraline, Buspirone, Mirtazipine, Paroxetine, Gabapentin, Effexor XR, Lorazepam, Cymbalta(twice), Zolpidem, Bupropion XL, Pristiq, Fluoxetine, Vistaril, Lexapro, Celexa, Trazodone, Geodon

Pills that worked well enough but side effects were total shit so I stopped: Abilify, Lithium, valium

sun moon stars rain

#3 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3722 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Are you using e-cigs with filled cartridges that you just change? 

The pills they give me to fix this shit: Lamictal 175mg, clonazepam 1mg , Trileptal 600mg
Pills that did NOT fix this shit: Sertraline, Buspirone, Mirtazipine, Paroxetine, Gabapentin, Effexor XR, Lorazepam, Cymbalta(twice), Zolpidem, Bupropion XL, Pristiq, Fluoxetine, Vistaril, Lexapro, Celexa, Trazodone, Geodon

Pills that worked well enough but side effects were total shit so I stopped: Abilify, Lithium, valium

sun moon stars rain

#4 TOT

TOT

• Pip
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

#5 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

I used an ecig and didn't find it satisfying at all.  My Dh found me under a chair crying.  I guess I need the tar and shit to feel fulfilled.  I threw the ecig across the room until I got real cigs.  I had less heartache quitting cocaine.  I just tell myself that i am cutting the last 20 years of my life where my kids would have to wipe my ass in a nursing home.  If you finbd an ecig that does not cause suicidal tendencies, please let me know.

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#6 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3722 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Okay, like, in no way am I trying to sound like an ass. The e-cigs that you are smoking (I've had a few different models, I did it too) they all suck. Oh, at first they are really cool, but over time I had a lot of problems with them. A LOT. 

I eventually found that I would be more satisfied with a longer lasting, better e-cig that worked well than one that was small and kinda resembled a cigarette. Those ARE the best looking e-cigs, I'll say that. I liked the way the Blu ones looked the best, but yeah, two weeks into that, IF that, and those things were trash.

I spent about a year with one e-cig that I loved. I don't even know that I changed the atomizer more than once. And they can be cleaned. They aren't that expensive. If you're interested in something like that (keep in mind, in no way whatsoever do my favorite e-cigs resemble cigarettes) I can provide you with the link I used to get the e-cigs. I could pretty much tell you whatever about them. The cost for the good ones, initially, is pretty high, around $75. But they last forever and work well. 

I figured I was doing it very long-term, so I figured out how to make the liquid I wanted. I could do whatever flavor, it was neat. The Johnson's Creek site probably has a very limited number of flavors, IIRC. However, what they DO have does taste really good. I could never make anything I liked as much as I liked that shit.

Anyway, if you're just using them to quit smoking and doing it temporarily, then I would say just stick with what you're doing. I used the PG for a years and I don't THINK anything bad happened as a result. Like I said, I felt great. But if you need more information, I'm here most days. I'm not an expert. but I can help a bit.

sun moon stars rain

#7 TOT

TOT

• Pip
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

#8 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3722 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Uh, they look like a longer, skinnier version of a mini-flashlight and the tips don't light up, the button does (it's a manual e-cig, which are totally the best in my opinion) so not very pretty. I didn't like using it in front of people like, at all. But I had to. They work awesomely, though. That was the most important thing to me.

sun moon stars rain

#9 TOT

TOT

• Pip
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

#10 TOT

TOT

• Pip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Edited by TOT, 19 March 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#11 The Emperor

The Emperor

• Pip
  • 3722 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Sweet! Well, if there's anything you ever want to know about e-cigs, you could give me a try if you want. I know a little bit. . . 

sun moon stars rain

#12 TOT

TOT

• Pip
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Edited by TOT, 19 March 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#13 pawnshopbassist

pawnshopbassist

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

The one I use is automatic and has cartomisers (combination cartridge and atomiser) so you don't have to mess about with a separate atomiser, the ones I have use PG but I'm not too fussed about that. I stopped smoking normal cigs about 10 months ago now, which is no doubt much better for me but the main reason I switched was honestly for my wallet. The e-cig costs me about £1 ($1.50 USD) a day and a pack of cigarettes is now about £7.50 ($11.35 USD) so I'm saving an absolute fortune, even smoking 10 a day with crappy rolling tobacco was costing me about £2 a day. Ideally I'd like to quit altogether but I don't see that happening any time soon, I think nicotine makes me less crazy.

"Don't for one second feel ashamed of those scars on your chest. You're just wearing on the outside what the rest of us wear on the inside."

- Sean MacNamara, Nip/Tuck

Slartibartfast: "Science has done some amazing things, but I'd far rather be happy than right any day."

Arthur: "And are you?"
Slartibartfast: "No. That's where it all falls down, of course."

"This must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays."
- Arthur Dent

#14 Alizerin

Alizerin

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I've seen a few online sources for juice that allow you to choose VG or PG and even mixes of the two. One place allowed 100/0 to 25/75. Can't remember the place tho. But I've seen the option for PG VG a few times. Look around, it's typically an option like the nic level.

Dx's
296.89, Bi-Polar II - Meds: Lamictal 100mg / Wellbutrin 300mg
303.90, Alcohol Dependence - In remission

#15 isthisit?

isthisit?

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

they do have some carbon monoxide I'm told.

Please excuse my spelling i have a learning disorder.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.