• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Angeni Mai

Angeni Mai

I am but a figment ...

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Is anybody else here taking any coursera classes? I am taking one coursera class (Intro. to Philosophy) at the current time and am enrolled in several others that are set to begin in the coming weeks. I'm just looking to connect with like minded people.

Dxs ~ Mood Disorder NOS, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Personality Disorder NOS, Dissociative Disorder NOS, Unspecified Depressive Disorder

Rxs ~ None

"A brave man may not live forever, but a cautious man does not live at all." ~ Unknown

“I’m pretty, but I’m not beautiful.
I sin but I’m not the devil.
I’m good, but I’m not an angel.” ~ Marilyn Monroe

#2 WinglessFaery

WinglessFaery

• Pip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I want too really bad but havnt committed
Dx BP I Rapid Cycling, GAD, Social Phobia, Panic Disorder,PCOS

Rx lamictal 300 mg, Busprone 60 mg, Lithium 1000 mg, Vistaril 50 mg ( which doesnt do squat),Metformin 2000 mg

Previous Rx zoloft, prozac, lexapro,seraquel, depakote, xannax, ambien, trazadone, abilify, cymbalta

<p>[color=#40e0d0]Mental Illness is a flaw in chemistry not character.[/color

#3 helenllama

helenllama

Alba gu Brath

• Pip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I've signed for a few but waiting for them to start

#4 Kaashii

Kaashii

Rainbow Sheep!

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I took Fundamentals of Pharmacology last summer, now I'm taking Genetics and Evolution, going to pick up Introductory Human Physiology in a few days, and I'm eyeing up Introduction to Pharmacy in the fall and a few other things.  These serve as almost a "dry run" of sorts to see if I can handle the academic world again before I attempt to do it for real.  (If I wind up not being able to handle one of these and drop it, I'm not out any money or adding more black marks to my official college transcripts!)

edX also has a biology course that looks interesting.

I'll probably sprain my brain even trying all of this, but at least then I'd be able to know what I'm capable of.  Plus hey, it's free.  xD

I've actually learned more than just the material from these, too.  I've learned how differently my brain works now.  (For one, I'm finding that I absolutely NEED to have music when I study and when I take the quizzes and tests.  And it has to be loud.   IDK why, but I crash and burn without it!)

Edited by Kaashii, 14 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Type I Bipolar (Cycles faster than a Suzuki Hayabusa), Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, a whole bunch of other assorted flavors of disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder .  Self-Proclaimed Queen of the Med Weenies, #1 Problem Child of the Counseling Center, Starting Goaltender for Pink Freud

Current Meds That We HOPE Will Fix My Head: Saphris (again!)5mg, Remeron 30mg, Lamictal 200mg, Xanax 0.5mg BID, Adderall 15 mg TID, Ambien 10mg, Celexa 20mg, Levothyroxine 25 mcg
Previous Meds That DIDN'T Fix My Head: Latuda, Paxil (sugar pill!), Lamictal, Abilify (No!), Wellbutrin (twice), Seroquel, Effexor, Prozac (Not just no but HELL no!), Klonopin, Zoloft (twice), Topamax (twice, may try again), Trileptal (twice), Geodon (Never again!), Lunesta, Lexapro, Invega, Saphris, Celexa, Pamelor, Cymbalta (More like Cymbarfa!), Pristiq, Serzone(Did wonders for my anxiety but HOLY NUMBNESS, Batman!), Risperdal, Methylin

"Normal is not the norm, it's just a uniform; forget about the norm, take off your uniform - we are all beautiful" ~ Delain, "We Are The Others"

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.