• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dusk

Dusk

Giggity.

• Pip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I have been getting increasingly angry and today it's been very bad. I've been able to hold it in for the most part besides snapping at people a few times when they didn't deserve it. But I feel like I'm about to lose it. Not violently, I am never violent. I have the urge to SH because of the anger, to take it out on myself, and I haven't done that in a very long time.

How do you deal with the anger? Please I need some suggestions. I'm about to explode.

My brain is foggy and I can't think.

Edited by Dusk, 07 March 2013 - 04:40 PM.

DX: Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective, OCD, type II diabetes

Current psych. RX: Haldol, Lithium, Viibryd, Wellbutrin, Ambien

Tried previously: ECT, Paxil, Celexa, Zoloft, Effexor, Provigil, Remeron, Abilify, Geodon, Klonopin, Buspar, Lexapro, Trazodone, Luvox, Trilaphon, Pristiq, Loxapine, Pamelor, Neurontin, Lamictal, Ritalin, L-Methylfolate, Vistaril, Zyprexa, Seroquel IR and XR, Saphris, Latuda, Clozaril, Risperdal

#2 Phoenix_Rising

Phoenix_Rising

Medicated for your safety

• Inmate
  • 3754 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

I talk to myself and mutter a lot under my breath.

I also do deep breathing.

I listen to loud music and sing out my frustrations.

Exercise also helps, although I'm not good about following that advice.  Just going for a quick walk around the block can clear my head up somewhat.

I try to figure out if there is anything specific I'm angry about  it and, if so, what can I do right now to make a difference in how I feel.  

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, I know how rotten it is.  I hope you get some good suggestions.

Current Dx: BPII, GAD, OCD and PTSD

Other crap: sleep apnea and diabetes type II

Rx: Prozac 20 mg; Zyprexa 15 mg; Gabapentin 1200 mg; Vyvanse 100 mg;  Klonopin 2 mg and prn; Lithium 900 mg; Meformin 2000 mg; Metropolol 200 mg; Premarin .625 mg  Insulin 19 mg

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me? Crazy?  I should get down off this unicorn and slap you.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a mental health care professional, please seek out a professional's advice.

#3 Dusk

Dusk

Giggity.

• Pip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Thanks, the deep breathing is an especially good suggestion. Man I'm going nuts in my head. I read back over my post and realized I contradicted myself. I said I'm not violent then referred to SH, I guess I meant I'm not violent against other people.

Tried previously: ECT, Paxil, Celexa, Zoloft, Effexor, Provigil, Remeron, Abilify, Geodon, Klonopin, Buspar, Lexapro, Trazodone, Luvox, Trilaphon, Pristiq, Loxapine, Pamelor, Neurontin, Lamictal, Ritalin, L-Methylfolate, Vistaril, Zyprexa, Seroquel IR and XR, Saphris, Latuda, Clozaril, Risperdal

#4 Dusk

Dusk

Giggity.

• Pip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

And my eyesight is blurred. It's happened before a couple of years ago. Well I don't know if it's really blurred or if it's just my perception. I can't tell.

Edited by Dusk, 07 March 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#5 Misty Moon

Misty Moon

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I know it sounds pretty obvious but have you tried screaming it out into a pillow, when i get like that i scream untill i cry and i get so worn out i dont have the energy to be angry and wound up anymore.

Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder.

Psychosis.

Depression.

Anxiety.

Body Dysmorphia.

#6 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Things that help me with anger/rage:

Practicing mindfulness.  Download some free mp3s and listen with headphones.

Meds:  Risperdal and lithium help a lot!

Acceptance and Commitment Therapy- just letting it be and not reacting to it- easier said than done!

Radical Acceptance- just accepting that other people are dickheads can sometimes help!

Exercise- going all out, even if just dancing to loud music can soothe sometimes.

Good luck- I hope you feel better soon!

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#7 Dusk

Dusk

Giggity.

• Pip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks. I did try screaming into a pillow and I just did the deep breathing.

#8 scatty

scatty

The only way out is through.

• Pip
  • 3955 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Good going, Dusk!  All us angry bitches are rooting for ya!

Dx:
Bipolar I & Anxiety.  Self diagnosed cunt.

My New (old) Meds: (previously these kept me the most stable)
Lithium ER 1350 mgs.
Lamictal 200 mgs.

Klonopin 2 mgs.

Practicing CBT, DBT, and ACT self-help therapy.

Crazy since the 80's!

#9 hoko_onchi

hoko_onchi

hoko

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach is an awesome book. She has tons of breathing and meditation exercises, and it's a really nice and smooth read. I just found it soothing to read. I think I am going to reread it I liked it so much.

Yesterday I was so angry and wanted to hurt myself so badly. I went and did an angry painting instead. I'm no artist but I really like drawing and crap like that, and I like making angry abstract paintings or drawings when I am angry. I have three that I like from this week. You can get really angry with oil pastels in particular, I've found, and break the hell out of them, and they still work and color even if you break them. Also I go outside and scream.

Sorry you are having a bad time right now. This is some shitty shitty crap.

DX: BP II, PMDD, GAD, endometriosis. 

Former DX: Dysthymia, pure-O OCD, PPD. 

RX: Wellbutrin 450 mg, B12, D3, fish oil.
Former RX: Prozac, Zoloft, Vistaril, Xanax, Klonipin.
--
Mom to one very beautiful little boy, who I hope never struggles with this. 

Sometimes I write.
--
I've been haunted all my life
On the brink of something close
People know that I ain't right
Know I'm grappling with a ghost
Oh I'm armed and dangerous,
And I'm deafened by the fray
Waiting for the day I'm able
And I set it on it's way

- Santigold

#10 Dusk

Dusk

Giggity.

• Pip
  • 646 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys. I kinda calmed down but now I can't sleep. I wanna go for a drive but I've already taken my Ambien and that's not gonna happen.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.