suddenly going off Abilify?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 solstar

solstar

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

I forgot to get my meds yesterday. I usually get samples from the therapist's office. I have one more pill and can't get more samples from the clinic until Monday because the nurse is gone already.
What will happen if I don't take it a few days?  I just have bipolar will it effect me in any other way?  Should I 1/2 my med tonight and take the other 1/2 tomorrow so I only have one day w/o? I have skipped it for one day before.
My Journal

OCD, gone no meds

#2 sun_zoom_spark

sun_zoom_spark

• Pip
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:03 PM

solstar-

I would assume that half a dose would be better than going more than one day without a dose. I dropped Abilify cold turkey two different times and had short hypomanic episode both times. Puzzled the poop out of me being that Abilify was being dropped because it was over-activating for me.

Everybody is different. It doesn't take long to come to that conclusion after reading 5 zillion posts on this board. As they say around here 'your mileage may vary'.
DX: BPI mixed, PD

RX: Lithobid, Gabitril, Klonopin, Provigil, Omega 3

#3 solstar

solstar

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for your input.  I skipped a dose last night and am going to 1/2 it today and tomorrow.
I don't get badly manic anymore just angry so I think it should be ok.
I kind of like the energy I get while off of it but then the anger comes back and I don't want to go there!
My Journal

OCD, gone no meds

#4 civicmon

civicmon

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for your input.  I skipped a dose last night and am going to 1/2 it today and tomorrow.
I don't get badly manic anymore just angry so I think it should be ok.
I kind of like the energy I get while off of it but then the anger comes back and I don't want to go there!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you on a high dose?

I stopped at 10 cold turkey.. wouldn't want to try more than that though...

#5 solstar

solstar

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:49 PM

just 5mg.
My Journal

OCD, gone no meds

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.