• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sensation

Sensation

Brighter Days Ahead

• Pip
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:35 AM

I have discovered that I can't deal with people nor can I function under stress,
so if anyone has a link or a job idea please post.
Dx: Major Depression, Social Anxiety Disorder, APD
RX:Effexor 300mg AM, Clonazepam .5mg prn

Past RX: Seroquel 25mg, Prozac,Wellbutrin, Zoloft,Paxil,Lorazepam, Clonazepam,Lexapro,Remeron, Xanax XR, Zyprexa

#2 Loon-A-TiK

Loon-A-TiK

Is there no way out of the mind? - Sylvia Plath

• Pip
  • 4902 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

Funny- my mom is unipolar MANIC (will post a pic of the totem pole she made at a later date) and SSA told her that she just needed a job with no people contact and no stress! What an illusive animal that is!

If you can find a niche, you could look into DOUA (Disabled Online Users Association). They do stuff at online auctions. You can shop garage sales, fix up stuff and resell it on auction, or shop sales and sell the stuff higher, or whatever. It would be your business and you could set your hours. People can and do make a living doing this. My mom did it for awhile selling carousel horses she restores (she should add totem poles) and made a few hundred a week. I'm also a DOUA member and I've sold stuff I've made. I make art jewelry. It is a matter of finding a niche. The niche doesn't have to involve carving totem poles, restoring century horses, or beading on line so small most people can't see it, let alone make jewelry with it. It can be YOU. YOUR business. yoU decide when to work and when to not work. you decide when to make stuff or shop for stuff and when to not do it. If you have discipline to treat it like a regular job, you should go for it!

----------loon-------------
www.doua.org
DX-BP1 w/psychotic symptoms, PTSD, ADD (Inattentive), and body dysmorphic disorder
Daily RX- WB 300mg, Lamictal 400mg, Abilify 20mg, Adderall XR 30mg, Inderal 10mgx2, Nuvaring
a multi-vitamin, hair/skin/nails vitamin, super 50-b complex vitamin, flax oil

prn- Zyprexa 10-20mg for emergencies

In memory of my dad, BP1 suicide. I love you and miss you!

EX RX- Seroquel, Risperdal, Geodon (master of all that is evil), Zyprexa (the good stuff), Zyprexa Zydis, Trazadon, Depakote, Lithium, Serzone, Paxil, Effexor, Lexapro, Haldol, Strattera, Topamax, Symmetrel, other old school ACs, and more I can't remember now

"Can a selfish egocentric jealous and unimaginative female write a damn thing worthwhile?" - Sylvia Plath

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all.

#3 Sensation

Sensation

Brighter Days Ahead

• Pip
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Funny- my mom is unipolar MANIC (will post a pic of the totem pole she made at a later date) and SSA told her that she just needed a job with no people contact and no stress! What an illusive animal that is!

If you can find a niche, you could look into DOUA (Disabled Online Users Association). They do stuff at online auctions. You can shop garage sales, fix up stuff and resell it on auction, or shop sales and sell the stuff higher, or whatever. It would be your business and you could set your hours. People can and do make a living doing this. My mom did it for awhile selling carousel horses she restores (she should add totem poles) and made a few hundred a week. I'm also a DOUA member and I've sold stuff I've made. I make art jewelry. It is a matter of finding a niche. The niche doesn't have to involve carving totem poles, restoring century horses, or beading on line so small most people can't see it, let alone make jewelry with it. It can be YOU. YOUR business. yoU decide when to work and when to not work. you decide when to make stuff or shop for stuff and when to not do it. If you have discipline to treat it like a regular job, you should go for it!

----------loon-------------
www.doua.org

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does she use for insurance?  :embarassed: I dont know what I could make....
Dx: Major Depression, Social Anxiety Disorder, APD
RX:Effexor 300mg AM, Clonazepam .5mg prn

Past RX: Seroquel 25mg, Prozac,Wellbutrin, Zoloft,Paxil,Lorazepam, Clonazepam,Lexapro,Remeron, Xanax XR, Zyprexa

#4 Loon-A-TiK

Loon-A-TiK

Is there no way out of the mind? - Sylvia Plath

• Pip
  • 4902 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:53 PM

She uses the free mental health clinic up the street from her house. Not all people are lucky enough to have this service. It is because she runs a small business and can take deductions that lower her earnings enough to allow for some social benefits. She is also crazy enough that they'd like to use her for scientific purposes hahahah
DX-BP1 w/psychotic symptoms, PTSD, ADD (Inattentive), and body dysmorphic disorder
Daily RX- WB 300mg, Lamictal 400mg, Abilify 20mg, Adderall XR 30mg, Inderal 10mgx2, Nuvaring
a multi-vitamin, hair/skin/nails vitamin, super 50-b complex vitamin, flax oil

prn- Zyprexa 10-20mg for emergencies

In memory of my dad, BP1 suicide. I love you and miss you!

EX RX- Seroquel, Risperdal, Geodon (master of all that is evil), Zyprexa (the good stuff), Zyprexa Zydis, Trazadon, Depakote, Lithium, Serzone, Paxil, Effexor, Lexapro, Haldol, Strattera, Topamax, Symmetrel, other old school ACs, and more I can't remember now

"Can a selfish egocentric jealous and unimaginative female write a damn thing worthwhile?" - Sylvia Plath

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all.

#5 BlackCat

BlackCat

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:30 AM

I'm thinking of a morgue job at night might be good.. No one to talk back, or say mean things and no "customers" to give you trouble.
Bp 1 w/ mixed states,  PTSD, SAD, migraines, GAD/panic, SI
lots of abbreviations...

med routine- Lithium, Xanax, Lamictal, Abilify, Lunesta, and various others for physical.

#6 lilie

lilie

• Pip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:46 PM

What city do you live in?  I know of one. pm me.

Lilie
“Be kind whenever possible...It is always possible.” the Dalai Lama
Stewie Griffin: Ha ha. Oh, this is so good it just HAS to be fattening.

#7 Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis

The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.

• Admin
  • 13115 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:03 PM

If it's that bad you should be able to get SSDI.  You need to have given meds and therapy a good try first though.

De-gnosis: ADD, recurrent depression (or maybe bpII in the guise of such), Asperger's, OCD, social anxiety
Today's Pill Menu: Dexedrine, Wellbutrin (Budeprion), Strattera, Celexa, Risperdal, and clonazepam

Like other moderators and staff of crazyboards.org, I am not a health care professional. You have no way of knowing that I am not talking out my ass. Please do your own homework before making any health related decisions.

Buy me Stuff: Amazon Wishlist

#8 Croix

Croix

May cause sexual side effects

• Pip
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:11 PM

How about stockroom work? You know, inventory, logging, etc. I've done that before at a few retail stores when I couldn't handle being around people.

Croix

Dx: BPD, Specific Phobia, GAD

Rx: Lexapro 20mg, Xanax prn, Ambien, allergy meds

I'm not anxious, I'm just terribly terribly alert!

#9 mrsloony

mrsloony

• Pip
  • 711 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

How about data entry? i've know people who went into this for the same reasons. pretty much just you and your computer.
dx: bp II, ptsd, ocd, ibs, hypothyroid
rx: wellbutrin, lithium, seroquel, ativan, levoxl

take all I say with a big grain of salt as I am crazy and i know not what i say.
if it is professional advice you seek, go elsewhere, you will find none here.
pay no attention to the (wo)man behind the curtain. (s)he's a very good (wo)man, but a very bad wizard. Use any of my words at your own risk. i warned you ,ok?

#10 AirMarshall

AirMarshall

Jumping the CB Shark

• Pip
  • 6686 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

Muskrat trapper.

You can do it in almost every area of the country. Outside walking twice a day down by the river or creek, set your own schedule. No messy bait to fool with, critters are already dead in the traps when you pick them up. All you have to do is skin 'em, put 'em on stretchers to dry and take them to the buyer every week or so.

You also have the satisfaction of helping protect towns by preventing the muskrats from weakening levess by burrowing.

A.M.

**My work is done.  Swimming for the nearest shore.**

#11 reco49

reco49

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:45 AM

would u really like to take the life a poor muskrat? just to make a living? It could be a severly depressed muskrat dad just trying to find food for his young. animals suffer mental health issues too! Try offering him some of your zanax Perhaps next time u see a muskrat, u could ask him for his feelings and post them on crayboards, if he's feling suicidal u could help him out and then off him! Think of the old song "Muskrat Love" please

P.S. How much do u get for each critter?

Edited by reco49, 11 April 2006 - 06:48 AM.

DX: Depression - Anxiety- Irritable bowel syndrome

Meds: Wellbutrin 300mg - Remeron - risperadal
xanax as needed - cloneazepam as needed

#12 AirMarshall

AirMarshall

Jumping the CB Shark

• Pip
  • 6686 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:07 AM

Well lets see the State of Pennsylvania publishes a report on fur harvest and trapper jobs.      http://www.pgc.state...rep...t prices'

Muskrat pelt price was $3.81 three seasons ago.   Of course Beaver and Fox pelts are more valuable.   Don't bother picking up skunk pelts.  ;)

Licensed trappers have declined by 2/3 in twenty years while all indicators show a continuing repopulation of historic furbearers.

Me?  I've never trapped for money.  My neighbor David E.  showed me how about thirty years ago.  He was rather poor and his trapping and fishing put food on the table and paid bills for him, his mom and sister.  The house they lived in is now falling down. 

One of my favorite memories are watching two river otters swimming down a creek after midnight on a windless, frostbitten night under a full moon.   They played and chattered.  One hauled out onto the pier I was sitting on with a sigh and lounged for a few moments, oblivious of me just six feet away.   Called by his mate he slipped back into the water as they continued down to the river in search of fish.

On a warm sunny day canoeing down a creek, I watched a family of otters diving for blue crab some thirty feet ahead of us.  Bursting to the surface with a writhing crab in their mouths they went to a semi-submerged log that they shared as a table.   Putting their elbows on the log they gleefully crunched and snapped their way through crab after crab while casually watching us and scattering shells hither and yon.  After getting their fill they slipped away and we continued our adventure down the waterway, next seeing a beaver slither down his mud slide into the creek.

98% of us now live sanitized protected lives doing no work that our ancestors would consider meaningful.   Let us not forget that while nature can be beautiful, she is a harsh mistress and brutal.

A.M.

[/off topic]

Sensation:  While somewhat tongue in cheek, there are and will be things that you can do. Be a bit patient.  The important thing now is to keep up with the doctor appointments, follow directions, take your meds as directed.

Best,  A.M.

Edited by AirMarshall, 11 April 2006 - 10:09 AM.

**My work is done.  Swimming for the nearest shore.**

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.