• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 HyperInHell

HyperInHell

Riot Machine Girl

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:09 AM

Just in case you're on Klonopin and were even *considering* using heroin, this is a very bad idea and could result in your immediate death. I mean, heroin always stands that risk, but doing it while on Klonopin makes things a hundred times worse. If you don't die there is a nearly an 100% chance that you will OD.

Just a very serious warning.

#2 divinedesign21

divinedesign21

Pink Panda

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:11 PM

Just in case you're on Klonopin and were even *considering* using heroin, this is a very bad idea and could result in your immediate death. I mean, heroin always stands that risk, but doing it while on Klonopin makes things a hundred times worse. If you don't die there is a nearly an 100% chance that you will OD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I probably shouldn't do most of the things I do.
I'M NOT CRAZY-I'm JUST A LITTLE UNWELL
Dx: Bipolar Disorder/Borderline Personality Disorder

600 mg. Trileptal, 50 mg. Zoloft , 150 mg. Trazodone

#3 Guest_vicky_*

Guest_vicky_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:15 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I probably shouldn't do most of the things I do.

#4 Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Indigo Child

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

I've actually had this combination once. NOT GOOD! OMG I woke up in different places for like 12 hours straight. Once woke up naked standing in the middle of my living room. While everyone else was sleeping. Dunno how or what had happened. My GF at the time fell out on the toliet. I agree with this warning. NOT A GOOD MIX!
Dx: MPD, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Insomniac, Social Anxiety, Substance Abuse. ♣
Rx: Lithium, Lamictal, Seroquel, Trazadone, Celexa, Suboxone. ♣

Check Out My Rap Music! - 7 Leaf Clover -

You are only as crazy as you lead on to be. ♣

I walk into every situation, imagining the Worst Possible Outcome. Everyone know's I'm schizophrenic. I get stuck sometimes from the overload of emotions and information concerning a certian situation. I feel threatened by everything and everyone. Although, I stand here unhurtable, untouchable and confident. ~ William Charles Masterson Jr. ~

#5 Maceo

Maceo

• Pip
  • 423 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:39 AM

Does the same apply to any other benzodiazepines?

#6 Guest_A._*

Guest_A._*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:44 AM

Klonopin is not the danger. It's the dope. I've done lot's of klonnies with dope and had it under control. The only time I od'ed was misjudging the strength of some tar....the klonopin just made it seem like it would not do anything. That is the danger. Dope kills, klonnies fuck up your judgment but the interaction chemically won't kill you. My question is: why do klonnies if you have good dope? That's like drinking a 1/5th of whiskey and than saying that it was that one sip of beer that made everything the best. Don't make any sense. The best advice: Don't do the dope 'cause it's stronger than you ever could be.

Be careful: remember, it's not the interaction of Klonnies and dope that will kill you. It's the fact that doing klonnies will take away your "anxiety" of doing dope so you end up pushing an entire syringe of some new stuff that you don't know how powerful it is and BAM it's your lucky day. That dope was reallly high quality....oh yeah, and your dead.

#7 Maceo

Maceo

• Pip
  • 423 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:17 AM

Perhaps it's just accumulated CNS depression that kills you?

#8 r.mcmurphy

r.mcmurphy

• Pip
  • 797 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:50 PM

several attempts at suiced from iv smack in south east asia have failed as ya hit the floor with the works still in the mainline. a bicycle pump might do it. never want to go there again. it's part of the reason i moved way out in the sticks.
plenty meds, drugs and mental troubles in the past 40 years. no end in sight for depression.

eat a fish!

#9 Ubberjelly

Ubberjelly

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

Yes very dangerous stuff, I am on methadone have been 8yrs..I am fighting a recent benzo habbit with it...i feel shite im hanging in there ;)

#10 tiredoftherapy21

tiredoftherapy21

• Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:22 PM

Of course you shouldnt combine heroin with klonopin, but mostly you shouldnt be doing heroin in the first place. I know you know that, and I was an heroin addict for a long time, and I have been sober about 3 1/2 years now. Klonopin is what they said it would do affects your anxiety so pretty much as someone else mentions it lowers your inhibitations and alllows you to not really think about how much heroin you do. and not to mention klonopin works with the chemicals in your brain so it cant be healthy along with heroin bc heroin pretty much kills brain cells. You are messing with too much junk. I hope you are doing better though. and trust Me I have been there done that.
MY CRAZY LIST:: panic disorder w/ agoraphobia, chronic ptsd, schizoaffective disorder(depressive type), bpd, social phobia/anxiety, anorexia nervosa , dissociation
the reason I am in pain all the time::
fibromylagia, cervical dysplasia, scoliosis, hpv, endometriosis, lupus

medications I have tried:: effexor xr, zoloft, prozac, lithium, seroquel, cymbalta, lexapro, klonopin, wellbutrin sr, ativan , zyprexa, abilify, risperdal, wellbutrin xl , xanax, buspar, paxil, geodon, celexa, remeron, emsam patch
current meds:: luvox 50 mg 1x

#11 Guest_His Mother_*

Guest_His Mother_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

Yes, this is true. It just happened a few days ago to my son, who was on presciption Klonopin.
He hadn't done any drugs in 3 years, but was feeling really well and took heroin and died immediately.
Now he is gone and we all loved him very much.

#12 Guest_Guest_Mark_*_*

Guest_Guest_Mark_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

I've been on klonopin for a while now, and shooting dope too, it makes no difference if anything the klono makes the heroin high less, high.

I see no problem with it I feel fine. Then again I'm tolerant to klonis so my inhibitions are hardly touched.

#13 Silver

Silver

Adopt, adapt, improve.

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

The thing is that
1) there's actually a reasonable body of work on the problems of combining benzodiazepines and opioids
and
2) I have to say that your general critical thinking skills are maybe a bit questionable here. What with the shooting 'dope' and all.
and
3) you do realize that when you say "less high," you are in fact describing some sensory impairment secondary to the clonazepam, right? Thus actually validating what other posters have said about the risks?
No, I'd imagine you don't. You just think you're less high. Is the response to then shoot more, perchance? ;)

Best of luck to you out there, guest. Try to maintain a patent airway, OK?
Bipolar I, other stuff

"Science adjusts its beliefs based on what�s observed
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved."
--Tim Minchin

#14 recoverymouse

recoverymouse

• Pip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

there's a whole documentary about this very topic. called methadonia. it's on netflix "watch instantly". it mainly covers methadone and benzos but the same applies to heroin, except of course it's worse (or better) when heroin is involved.

any opiate and benzo, actually. the combination is especially difficult to kick.

#15 celestia

celestia

• Pip
  • 3855 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

any opiate and benzo, actually. the combination is especially difficult to kick.

I don't think our guest is "down" with kicking, man.

So for innocents reading his stupid reply to this thread, please ignore his stupid reply.
diagnoses: MDD/ADD/PTSD
Current meds: Wellbutrin 450/Lexapro 30

#16 Kyzr

Kyzr

• Pip
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

Just watched Methadonia. Thanks for the recommendation, RM.

Very intense documentary.
Rx: no crazy meds, Cyclessa (bc pill)
Dx: MDD NOS, BP2 with mixed states NOS, some sort of anxiety, mild unspecified depression, mild obsessive-compulsive behaviors

Despite all the potential crazy-triggering circumstances in life right now, I'm feeling the best I have in years.

#17 celestia

celestia

• Pip
  • 3855 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

I watched it too. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think Methadone could be safely tapered also. When I am actively using, I don't want any part of any kind of recovery--12 step or otherwise. Every time I've relapsed it's been a decision. A choice. I think even the most hard boiled heroin addicts can get off heroin with or without Methadone. I know myself and if I was using Methadone to get off heroin then the rest of my recovery would be compromised because decisions are still made under the influence--whether one *feels* high or not.

People with decades long addiction(s) like me can testify there is no getting high anymore. There is life and there is death, so why one would chose to stay on methadone, beyond a safe detox from heroin and a safe taper, escapes me. I think maybe suboxone might work better? I don't know, having never done either.

Benzos were harder to stop than opiates. And opitates are HARD to stop.

Edited by S9, 04 June 2009 - 01:02 PM.

diagnoses: MDD/ADD/PTSD
Current meds: Wellbutrin 450/Lexapro 30

#18 recoverymouse

recoverymouse

• Pip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:17 PM

I watched it too. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think Methadone could be safely tapered also. When I am actively using, I don't want any part of any kind of recovery--12 step or otherwise. Every time I've relapsed it's been a decision. A choice. I think even the most hard boiled heroin addicts can get off heroin with or without Methadone. I know myself and if I was using Methadone to get off heroin then the rest of my recovery would be compromised because decisions are still made under the influence--whether one *feels* high or not.

People with decades long addiction(s) like me can testify there is no getting high anymore. There is life and there is death, so why one would chose to stay on methadone, beyond a safe detox from heroin and a safe taper, escapes me. I think maybe suboxone might work better? I don't know, having never done either.

Benzos were harder to stop than opiates. And opitates are HARD to stop.

Here's a good description of the differences between seboxone and methadone.

#19 Guest_tripled_*

Guest_tripled_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:34 AM

THat is scaring me then.... I am on 2 mg of Klonopin, coming down from a few hits of moly, and smokin H. Is this bad?

#20 Guest_Rza_*

Guest_Rza_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

I was discharged from the pulomonary dept. of the hospital today. I took 1 1/2 mg of klonopin and shot a bag of some very potent "china" white heron. I've been doing heroin for 3 years and yes have never had this reaction. I have no recollection other than waking up in the ER with a doctor asking me "what drugs did you do?!"apparently my sister(10 years old) found me gasping for air with my hands in my shorts with a smirk on my face. It's only fun when you're inches from hell's entrance. Please don't ever mix the dope with any benzo, for your health's sake. The mix caused me to have aspiration pneumonia or something. From one person in love with the opiated lifestyle to all the others who share the same love, don't try let curiosity kill your cat! My soul is forever stained for letting the curiosity of my habit consume my conciousness and forever losing trust by my loved ones. Everyone knows it's an undercover habit, and once your cover's blown, you might as well start guzzling the nitro!!!

one love
-constricted pplz

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.