• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TheNewFlesh

TheNewFlesh

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:41 AM

Hi Fellow Insomniacs!!!!

I should preface this post by saying that I've taken 25 mg of Ambien CR and am drowsy, but not enough to go to sleep.  This is after 3 consecutive nights of Seroquel induced somnolence.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get adult-sized pacifiers.  I kind of believe that they would have a soothing and palliative effect on me and help me get to sleep.  Mind you, I used one until about the age of 6 or 7, and it really helped.  That and a security blanket, which I had to cut up.  My parents thought I should wean myself off of them, although I don't really remember any of the details.  I would just suck my thumb, but I find it kind of uncomfortable at my age (22).  I am always constantly putting things in my mouth that I shouldn't anyway (TV remotes, pens, pencils, capos, anything rubbery, etc.), so I figured I might as well do it right and use something designed specifically for this.  It would also probably put the nail in the cigarette smoking coffin, no pun intended. 

So, any ideas????

Soporific and ambulatory,
Ben
dX: ADD-Inattentive Subtype, PTSD, GAD, dysthmia w/ MDD (poss. BPSD), social phobia, PLMD w/ multiple arousals (>16), chronic insomnia (delayed sleep onset), asthma/allergies, and IBS w/constipation

Psych rX: Adderall IR 25-30 mg qam, Clonazepam 1.75 mg bid, Wellbutrin XL 300 mg qam, Sonata 20 mg prn, Mirapex 0.5 mg qpm, Remeron 7.5 mg qpm, lorazepam 1-2mg prn, propranolol 5 mg prn

Other rX: Zelnorm 6mg bid, Allegra 180mg qam, Singulair 10 mg qpm, Maxaire prn

"Long live the New Flesh!"

#2 HaloGirl66

HaloGirl66

Wannabe Timelord

• Inmate Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 967 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:42 AM

Okay, I went out and did some research on the net. And there are places you can buy pacifiers for adults. However I will warn you, they end up being websites for people who have a fetish for dressing up like babies. So these websites are not safe for work and probably could offend some folks, so you are dually warned. However, if you think a pacifier would help, who cares what website it comes from if it helps you sleep.

I still have my teddy bear and security blanket and my insomnia becomes 1000X worse if I don't have them.

http://www.diapersta...accessories.htm
(scroll to the very bottom of the page)

there are also ebay listings, look for "Nuk 5" or "Nuk Medic Pro"
http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=32872
http://cgi.ebay.com/...Y_BID_Stores_IT

Apparently they are pretty easy to find in Germany for some reason
http://translate.goo...:en-US:official

I hope that is helpful.

Now I must go clear my cache so the people at work don't think Iam all into fetishism.
I am *not* any kind of medical professional. I can't spell either. I do the best I can.

My brain cooties: ADD, Wicked Insomnia, SI, Nonverbal Learning Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Periodic Depression and various neurological issues.

Current Meds: 10mg Ambien & 2 mg Xanax at bedtime, 1mg Xanax XR in the morning, 10mg Flexril as needed, 40mg Adderal
Not gonna list previous meds because this signature ain't long enough!

And when I squinted the world seemed rose-tinted
And angels appeared to descend
To my surprise with half-closed eyes
Things looked even better than when they were opened...

M. Gore

#3 null0trooper

null0trooper

• Pip
  • 3928 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

But, Halo!

Fetishes can be fun!

Um, actually I hadn't thought of the "adult baby roleplay" sites - not my kink. But, I thought I'd go ahead
and chime in that some of the various gags available online and at various adult stores  would work.

In either case, you need something that can be removed or spit out while asleep or that will not block
airways completely, and that can't be bitten apart and swallowed while asleep (which is why some
gags might be safer - the designers do think about this) . Here's a
(Mr. S Leather - quite unsafe for work) tongue gag example.
If the picture is accurate, you won't be sleeping face-down with that thing on - at least it's not hooked
up to something else, unlike  a CPAP.

BTW, pens and pencils do not count as "things that shouldn't be put in a mouth". Mil-issue Skilcraft pens
even write after being used to stir coffee! (Remove the coffee from the pen first though)

Proof once again that we are the only adventurers for whom the letters "AD&D" stand for "Attention Deficit Disorder" - Roy Greenhilt, Order of the Stick

Rule your own nation at Cyber Nations, A nation simulation game! Yes, I do waste spend a lot of time on it, especially the Viridian Entente's alliance boards.

#4 TheNewFlesh

TheNewFlesh

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the help guys and gals!

I'm usually quite the perv, so I don't know why I didn't think the baby fetish route.  Especially considering I'm usually an avid reader of "Savage Love".  Oh well.  Thanks again for the help everyone.  My brain thanks you all.
dX: ADD-Inattentive Subtype, PTSD, GAD, dysthmia w/ MDD (poss. BPSD), social phobia, PLMD w/ multiple arousals (>16), chronic insomnia (delayed sleep onset), asthma/allergies, and IBS w/constipation

Psych rX: Adderall IR 25-30 mg qam, Clonazepam 1.75 mg bid, Wellbutrin XL 300 mg qam, Sonata 20 mg prn, Mirapex 0.5 mg qpm, Remeron 7.5 mg qpm, lorazepam 1-2mg prn, propranolol 5 mg prn

Other rX: Zelnorm 6mg bid, Allegra 180mg qam, Singulair 10 mg qpm, Maxaire prn

"Long live the New Flesh!"

#5 LikeMinded

LikeMinded

Too many answers, not enough questions.

• Pip
  • 2168 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:55 PM

Know anything else that comforts you?

Hell, I'm 22 (male no less), and if I don't have my 'security pillow' around, I can hardly sleep the night.  I've had one such thing ever since I was 5 (and it's only been through 3 iterations since!).  To make a security pillow, simply go to any department store, find the softest, most mushable pillow you can find, and cover it with a 'jersey' style pillowcase.  Optional , for extra cuddliness and smoothness, is a beechwood or bamboo-sateen covering atop that.

Now if you'll excuse me, Ima go sleep now with my favrit pillow... hehehehehe

Edited by herrfous, 01 March 2006 - 10:09 PM.

CAUTION: I'm a graduate computational medicine/allied health information student, and NOT a licensed clinician of any sort in any part of the world.  I can come up with lots of algorithms, generalities, and statistics but cannot provide specific medical advice for you!  You, along with your healthcare provider/pdoc/tdoc/etc. are the best decision makers for what is best!

Me: MDD, AD/HD, Asperger's/HFA/PDD-NOS/WTF, REM behavioral disorder/misc. sleep issues, some variant of PTSD... toss in hypothyroidism, post-meningitis-related Parkinson's disease/tremor, early stage pulmonary hypertension from a connective tissue disorder that wants me dead before age 60, and a few misc. manly hormone issues, and you'll get a few insights on where that PTSD came from.

Now on: Cymbalta, mirtazapine, oxybutynin, clonazepam, lamotrigine, clonidine, levothyroxine, metformin, Testim.  As Velvet Elvis implied, I sound like a freakin' maraca salesman when I go through airport security.

#6 Guest_victoria_*

Guest_victoria_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:49 AM

Hi Fellow Insomniacs!!!!

I should preface this post by saying that I've taken 25 mg of Ambien CR and am drowsy, but not enough to go to sleep.  This is after 3 consecutive nights of Seroquel induced somnolence.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get adult-sized pacifiers.  I kind of believe that they would have a soothing and palliative effect on me and help me get to sleep.  Mind you, I used one until about the age of 6 or 7, and it really helped.  That and a security blanket, which I had to cut up.  My parents thought I should wean myself off of them, although I don't really remember any of the details.  I would just suck my thumb, but I find it kind of uncomfortable at my age (22).  I am always constantly putting things in my mouth that I shouldn't anyway (TV remotes, pens, pencils, capos, anything rubbery, etc.), so I figured I might as well do it right and use something designed specifically for this.  It would also probably put the nail in the cigarette smoking coffin, no pun intended. 

So, any ideas????

Soporific and ambulatory,
Ben

#7 Guest_victoria_*

Guest_victoria_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:51 AM

Hi, I was looking up adult pacifiers and came by your page... It's funny that I even am! I'm 24 and I know I was probably under 3 when I got off of one... but recently I have started sleeping with a blanky again, and sucking my thumb? I never did before! It's comforting it is.... It beats sharing a bad with a cuddling loser boyfriend though. Weird. LOL you can write me if you want

Edited by olga, 22 March 2010 - 07:41 AM.
removed e-mail address

#8 olga

olga

Life is better when you bring home a furry pal

• Inmate
  • 10695 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:42 AM

victoria, we don't encourage people to post their e-mail addresses. If you want to join Crazyboards, you can contact fellow members by PM.

I'm bossy, opinionated, and over 60, so be prepared for advice if you post a question. However, I am not a medical professional, so please consult a doctor about your mental health issues and medications.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Be with someone who ruins your lipstick---not your mascara.

#9 Kigurumigirl

Kigurumigirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

Hello!

I too have really bad insomnia... I'm not into the baby fetish thing but I am a kid at heart but I do have a hard time sleeping... sometimes sucking my thumb helps but it hurts! I am not into the baby fetish at all but I am seriously considering a pacifier myself! Has it helped anyone?

#10 Guest_Elizabeth_*

Guest_Elizabeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

I am 24 as well. I sucked my thumb when I was little and even now once in a while I'll wake up with my thumb in my mouth. Really uncomfortable being that I am 24, but it is very soothing for me. I recently got a pacifier to try once in a while when I crave my thumb but I feel so dumb using it. I woul die if anyone found out or saw me with it. It's good to know that someone else my age is having the same kind of problem.

#11 Guest_steve Jenkins_*

Guest_steve Jenkins_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

If anyone is thinking of buying a pacifier then check these out they are made for adults who have cleft paletes yes they are the Genuine thing made for adults. Do a google serch for NUK Medic Pro 5. I am not into the baby thing but I do find them very relaxing I often fall asleep in front of the tv while sucking on mine.
Steve

#12 Guest_catshomelife_*

Guest_catshomelife_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:58 AM

I do not think a person has to be into anything kinky to want to chew or suck on something. It is what most of us do all the time except we use pens, food, tongues, cheeks, lips, fingers, gum, alcohol, cigarettes....etc. Search "adult pacifier" and you will find lots of interesting sites and places to buy adult pacifiers. Apparently, sucking on an adult size soother at night time can help to reduce snoring.

One site I just found is LIFESUCKER.COM. Someone has come up with a really great idea for people who just want to chew...even has flavours...and doesnt look like a baby soother. I plan to order one to try. HOpe this helps.

#13 Guest_tkdnut_*

Guest_tkdnut_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:32 AM

www.pacifiersrus.com

#14 bpladybug

bpladybug

Your friendly bipolar Aunt

• Pip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:00 AM

www.pacifiersrus.com

That is a strange site.

ladybuglove.jpg

'Mania is a dangerous Mistress.' BPLadybug

Bipolar 1
Treatment: 900 mgs Lithium, 900 mgs Neurontin, 400 mgs Seroquel, Xanax prn, Temazepam, fish oil, vitamins, Vit. D 5, 000 IU, exercize, some talk therapy and CBT Therapy. Exercize helps as does the Light Box; 30 mins every morning. I also have physical health challenges.

#15 Guest_katherin_*

Guest_katherin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

I am a 50 year old male, stressfull divorce in 2008. Could not sleep, tryed my thumb, my bedding, but did not like eather. Got myself a babies dummy and slept well. I am now hooked on my dummy to sleep and even use it when awake when on my own at home.

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.