Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What do you do during light therapy?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I was just wondering, for those doing light therapy, what do you do during the time you need to sit in front of the box?

I am still trying to figure out how I want mine set up: if I want it angled down into my eyes, so I could do something like use my laptop, or if I want to put it stood up facing me on the table so I can read and glance up every 15 seconds or so.

Today I read and the past couple of days I had it set up above me and angled down into my eyes. This is the one that can tilt down into your eyes.

Curious as to what type of lights people use, too.

Does anyone use a visor?

Posted

i do um... this.

i kinda want a visor.

i have a litebook, which has fewer lux than yours, but *supposedly* since the light is blueish it works as well. my whole family got them after i did, only they got the pretty blue ones, which are neat b/c they're chargeable and you can move em around the house.

Posted

How long are you supposed to bathe in the light?

a.m.

Posted

How long are you supposed to bathe in the light?

a.m.

depends upon what your doctor wants. anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour at the end, i think. i do 1/2 hr. or 20 minutes if i'm antsy. and sometimes i do a 10 minute booster dose (hehe) in the early afternoon if it's a cloudy day.

Posted

Put on make-up & read. 20 min.

Posted

I think I've finally figured out a good routine. I waas having trouble just getting comfortable having the time go by. Now I go down [i do it at the kitchen table] and get my breakfast ready than eat breakfast in front of the light and read the rest of the time. I think I'm just finally used to it.

It's easier because it breaks the time up a bit.

I just finished a book though and was worried I wouldn't find something interesting enough. I do it for 35 minutes at this point but I think I am going to 40 soon. There's a difference but not enough yet. It's funny but the five minutes does make a difference.

I would love to try a visor too but I don't know that they are as effective as a light box.

Posted

You aren't meant to look in to the light, as long a it's shining in your eyes it's okay.

Posted

Mine is right next to my computer, so I sit and surf the net, eat my breakfast, and drink my coffee for a half an hour in front of it. 

Posted

I use a SunTouchPlus light therapy lamp for 30min-90min a day, every morning while having coffee and reading or browsing the internet. 

Posted

mine casts the most beautiful blue light, so i usually turn off all the other lights and set it up while i'm in the bath... i prop it up on the toilet so its about 2 feet away and just enjoy the cerulean light. very mellow.

Posted

I use mine for anywhere from an hour to two hours a day.  It shines in my eyes while I'm at the computer; that's pretty much the only way I can see myself sitting still with a bright light shining in my eyes.  I've discovered I can't use it while playing video games or watching movies, because it's too bright & too distracting, but I can read things and generally 'surf' the web.

Posted

check my work email, it sits on my desk, on the side

currently I use it for 60 mins, but I usually start at 15 mins in the fall

and then increase time as needed for depression