Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Max klonopin dose?

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hey all, wondering what the max dose of klonopin is per day and how much is the max at night for sleep issues due to anxiety?

take 3mg a day now, .5 mid morning sometimes and .5mg mid afternoon sometimes, then 2mg at bed sometimes. or I take like .5 during the day or maybe .5 2x per day with .5 at night and 10mg of ambien.

I try to alternate a bit so i am not heavy on the k all the time or ambien.

tonight though i took a long nap now stuck up and trying to get to sleep

took 2x .5mg today, once in the morning and once in the mid afternoon, then .5 around 10pm, 1.5 around 11pm and then .5 around 12:30, getting tired but is that to much?

anyone know the recommended doseage?

Posted · Report post

hey all, wondering what the max dose of klonopin is per day and how much is the max at night for sleep issues due to anxiety?

take 3mg a day now, .5 mid morning sometimes and .5mg mid afternoon sometimes, then 2mg at bed sometimes. or I take like .5 during the day or maybe .5 2x per day with .5 at night and 10mg of ambien.

I try to alternate a bit so i am not heavy on the k all the time or ambien.

tonight though i took a long nap now stuck up and trying to get to sleep

took 2x .5mg today, once in the morning and once in the mid afternoon, then .5 around 10pm, 1.5 around 11pm and then .5 around 12:30, getting tired but is that to much?

anyone know the recommended doseage?

Hey,

I've taken as much as 8mg in a day without any side effects but i do NOT recommend that. I used to take 6mg/day split into 3 doses. I'm down to 5mg/day because my doctor wants me to reduce it slowly.

FYI, the maximum safest dose is 20mg/day but that's used to treat seizure disorders. You would never take that much for anxiety.

Tom

Posted · Report post

I was taking 4 mg. split in 4 doses, but it made me very sleepy during the day. I got the OK yesterday to reduce it to .5 mg. 3 x day and 1.0 mg. at bedtime.

Tommy

PS I know this doesn't address your question about max dose, but just wanted to show how it can effect different folks differently.

Posted · Report post

Tom is correct the maximum recommended dose for seizures is 20mg/day. For panic disorder it is 4mg/day.

www.rxlist.com is an excellent source for for information. Here is a link:

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/clonaz_ids.htm

a.m.

Posted · Report post

damn - if I take 1 mg - I am out for a while

my pdoc gave it to me last time to help get to sleep and I can tell you it works very well for me

but I can take ativan all day long and it not really bother me.

I cannot imagine taking it as you do!

Posted · Report post

I think that is is really important to be able to go the doc who prescribes you your klonopin and ask what the recommended dosages are for your disorder, as people have noted, different symptoms and severity of symptoms have been treated with different dosages.