Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Profanity and mental illness

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Do you swear alot at your depression, anxiety? I troll through a lot of mental health forums and one thing that caught my eye was just how many times people swear in their posts. If I go out the door feeling like shit I tend to tell my self exactly that. i am in no way offended by it, it shows how deep the suffering is. I think IMO that a lot of people with mental health issues are not religious. I am a 99.9% non believer in religion. I do sometimes envy church goers, they can put their blind faith in something, ask god for help from depression etc. If there is a god,what use would he have to inflict some of us to any number of pyciatric illness. I hope this dosen't open up a can of worms in the community. I think we are all nothing but cells and tissue evoluted thru time. Our mental problems stem from man and society.

At the route of all our problems: MONEY Who invented money? Why cant people just have what they want. When I was in hospital, they needed things for the pysche ward, Well why not have the fucking government print some more money up and give it to the hospital to buy these needed things. What is wrong with this idea? It is only paper that we as man and woman have said ,oh this paper is worth $100, this one is worth 20 bucks. If it benefits humanity just make the fucking money and improve the world. Fuck the investors and the stock traders and inflation experts. We invented it all inflation - economic depression - The so called experts say well you cant just print money it mucks up alot of economic things. I say bullshit. Give everybody in the states $2000. man woman and children over 5, see what happens, they all spend it on things they either want or need. Everybodys happy and think of the employment it would create as an offshoot. Print up millions and give it to the hopitals to improve them. What is the downside of all of this? We created money and all the rules that seem to go along with it. We can take those rules and shit on them and flush them down the toilet. remember money the root of all evil. Not if we all are given some. Why rob and steal when you could get the money leagally from some new governmant agency that gives out money, plain and simple! If all human beings had money think how much more happier the world would be.

Maybe people with mental disorders know more about a brave new world we could possibly someday live in. I am am almost in tears for writing this, my inner thoughts, so thank you if you took the time to read trough it.

Please, fellow crazyboard people, challenge me on any of this!

Edited by reco50

Posted · Report post

God Damn Shit Fuck.

Posted · Report post

Well I dont agree on the religion part. I know many deeply spiritual people who have mental illness. Whether or not they became religious because of their illness is a moot point. What helps one person may not help another.

As far as swearing on the internet, I think its every where, not just on depression boards. Many people CUSS, I dont like it much either but I try to overlook it.

Maybe you are generalizing just a little bit?

Posted · Report post

As far as swearing, see here for my feelings on that. On the money issue, there are reasons you can't just print new money and give it to people. One of them is deflation, causes money to be worth less. It's a nice thought, but it wouldn't work.

Posted · Report post

I think swearing is internet-wide, really. I'm also a non-believer, and I swear quite a bit; I don't particularly see a problem with it. ;)

I haven't studied economics in an incredibly long time, but I do remember that the problem with printing more and more money is that it causes inflation, and more and more and more money needs to be printed as it loses value. I think it would be great, though, if the government would channel more money into health/mental health rather than invading other countries and starting wars.

Posted (edited) · Report post

well fuckety.

my main issues swearing (or cussing as we say down South) came just once, during a brief but severe mixed state (though not depression per se). I almost got kicked out of the house I lived in for that. not the swearing, but the change in my normally clean language... I was swearing like a sailorman with Tourette's syndrome that week.

Edited by herrfous

Posted · Report post

If I didn't have my faith, I wouldn't be around. Otherwise, what is it all for?

N.J.

Posted · Report post

language convention is a bunch of shit! with all the killing, torture, homelessness and widespread misery that mankind perpetuates, what the fuck does one's choice of words have to do with striving for a decent life?

some of us came up with what convention would have us believe are "bad" ways of making ourselves understood. some of us put a lid on it when delicate flowers have patent objections to word constructs.

it galls me that there are people that poo-poo this sort of thing, yet bat not an eye to war, give nothing to their fellow man, etc.

one old man's opinion.

Posted · Report post

Jeez yeah i swear like anything these days, specially after my ECT, i dont realise that i am doing it and have been told i say the most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate times, well my answer to them is simple FUCK YOU and the camel that you rode in on, take me as i am or just leave me the fuck alone. You think i like being this way ??? i think the worst thing i have ever called anyone when they were staring at me was a Brothel Bred C*** they stopped staring pretty damn quickly.

Posted · Report post

Jeez yeah i swear like anything these days, specially after my ECT, i dont realise that i am doing it and have been told i say the most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate times, well my answer to them is simple FUCK YOU and the camel that you rode in on, take me as i am or just leave me the fuck alone. You think i like being this way ??? i think the worst thing i have ever called anyone when they were staring at me was a Brothel Bred C*** they stopped staring pretty damn quickly.

Grrr i forgot to sign in srry stupid friggin brain i have the dumb today

Posted · Report post

I met a lot of religionists in the psych hospital I was staying at. I don't agree that most MI people are "non religious". One of the group social workers was a jesus freak as well. ;)