Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

how often do you use xanax?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

well..the question is in the subject. how often do you use it to chill you out? my pdoc tells me to use it for special occasions...but i've probably been using it's once or twice a week, at least. she prescribed it for me for anxiety/sleep.

also...she prescribed me 0.25's....and tells me to take 1/2-one tabs. honestly, i feel like it does nothing for me, even taking one, so i usually take 2. how much are each of you guys on? i've noticed a lot of people i know are prescribed 0.5's.

Posted

Rx 0.25s, 3 x per day as needed. 60 lasted me almost two months.

Needed means in the morning after I get to work (the cause of all the anxiety is nitwit boss and psycho cow-orkers). It helps me through the day without having my own private meltdown.

No need for them weekends, will be working from home soon so don't expect to need them there.

1 tab is enough to take the edge off, but it's real subtle. It's all I really need or want, not looking to get wasted (there are better / more healthy / legal ways to do that).

Posted

I take 1 mg about 3 or 4 times a day. I freak out daily. I know that is too often to take them, and my doc started abilify to help with my anxiety. So far it hasn't helped. I take niravam-it is xanax-quick rlease form

Posted

I take half a 0.5 mg pill about once or twice a week. I'm switching over to Ativan, though. It makes me nervous to be taking *the most addictive* benzo.

Posted

I got 15 1MG tabs for panic/anxiety attacks. I take a quarter of a pill about twice a week, any more than that isnt pleasant for me

Posted

I got 15 1MG tabs for panic/anxiety attacks. I take a quarter of a pill about twice a week, any more than that isnt pleasant for me

When i first started xanax, i was using around 3x1mg/day! Crazy i know. It was before CBT, psychotherapy and psychiatry led me down the right path.

Now I use diazpeam (valium) 10mg (about the equiv of .5mg xanax) a couple of times a week tops.

Posted

I use it pretty infrequently now that Lamictal seems to be helping reduce anxiety as well. I take a 0.25 tab two nights before a big match (where I know the sides, coaches and can pretty much expect a bloodbath if I'm not doing my job 300% of perfect). I can't take them the night before a match though because I'll be tired the next day.

Posted

benzos are a miracle drug with a dark side for those of us with substance abuse issues. doc won't let me anywhere near 'em (even though I never was addicted to that particular class of drugs).

Posted

I was in detox in February, and pdoc didnt want to give them to me at first. Once I proved myself responsible by not taking more than suggested, and tox screens, I can have a refill whenever I need them.

Posted

I take 0.5mg every night

I wash more Xanax than I take because I always have a half tab in my pocket for security when I go out and then forget it is there ..I never take it during the day anymore but have to have one with me still it is my binky

but due to suffering still from a horrific grief period ..that tab at night is my salvation for now so I keep taking it and will until someone tells me to stop