Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Inositol

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm just curious, has anyone here taken, or are you currently taking, inositol, and if you've seen any positive results?

Posted

I am, though much less than the recomended dosage for depression.  I take it along with Niacin, Magnesium Oxide, Chromium Picolinate, & Omega-3's.  While taking my regular meds Welbutrin and Busparine.  One warning on taking a large dosage 10-15 grams/day, it may cause the squirts'.  Inositol helps the brains receptors become more sensitive to serotonin.  As for the results, I believe it works and so do some psychs, but I've been wrong before.

Posted

I take 6g a day in two divided doses.

Posted

I'm just curious, has anyone here taken, or are you currently taking, inositol, and if you've seen any positive results?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried it for a couple weeks and it didn't do jack for me. It might work for other people though.

Posted

I don't take the high dosage Inositol anymore. I now take the amount that's bonded with my GABA, which is 500mg Inositol.

Posted

Inositol in very large doses is, if memory serves, supposed to act as a heavy duty stimulant in BP1 folks.  I'm talking big doses, not several cans of red bull type of thing.  Speaking of Red Bull, Taurine is supposed to be a nice stimulating amino acid, but I've yet to even hear anecdotal reports of it having any effect whatsoever.  By the way MoparGuy, I like the name.  Owned a Chrysler for a good long while, absolute beast.  Switched to imports and sometimes I miss the old tank...

Posted (edited)

As far as bipolar, there have been some small studies that showed inositol effective against bipolar depression, but also case reports of it triggering mania.

Edited by null0trooper

Posted

I took 16 grams a day in two 8 gram doses for 6 moths for GAD, it had a noticible positive effect but it end up being more of a pain than it was worth.

Posted

I take inositol in medium large doses. its compounded for me (ie i need a prescription and a special pharmacy makes it). I have found it to be the best working thing for my anxiety so far. I tried GABA a few weeks ago, but I had side effects, so back to inositol.

Posted

GABA taken orally can't pass through the blood brain barrier so it all passes right out in urine, never doing anything. It's useless as a dietary supplement.

If you're taking inositol, you should consider taking choline as well, or a B complex that includes ample amounts of all of them.

Posted (edited)

I believe, Inositol may be helpful in lowering an individual's cholesterol levels. However, Inositol has been found to be helpful in other areas as well, including the promotion of healthy hair, the prevention of eczema, and as an aid in the redistribution of body fat.

Inositol is also vital for hair growth, and, as a component of lecithin, helps to prevent high cholesterol and the hardening of the arteries caused by cholesterol buildup. It has also been said to have a calming effect on the nervous system, and is being studied as a possible treatment for depression, panic attacks, and even Alzheimer’s disease.

http://www.vitaminstuff.com/inositol.html

That's where the info was taken from.

-Luna

Edited by LunaRufina
linky