Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If you had no social fears

70 posts in this topic

Posted

If you had no social anxiety, fears and that. What would you want to do that your to anxious to be able to do now.

Go to a concert?

Get a girl or boyfriend?

Ect...

Posted

I'd probably just *go out* way more than I do now. I stay at home a lot. Even though I have some friends and had a boyfriend, I stay at home a lot because crowds are just too much for me. Staying at home is boring, so yeah... I'd go out more. Don't know where, but I'd get the hell out of the house.

Posted

That's a weird question for me to answer, because I honestly can't imagine who I would be without social anxiety. I'd probably get out a lot more, go shopping for once in what seems like forever, and just do something. I mean, right now I have no real life. Swim, Soccer, School. That's all I do, it would be nice to hang out with friends.

Posted

OMG everything..... I'd go to college and get my associates in photography. I'd also take EMTB and get certified and do that for a real job. I'd spend more time with everyone and do a lot more outside of the house, by myself. It would be so so wonderful ;)

Posted

Well, anything I wanted to.

I wouldn't sit with a sick feeling in my gut, contemplating calling a friend and then not following through. I'd just call.

I'd say "yes" to things people asked me to do.

I'd have a life.

Posted

Be able to talk (or at least smile) at the boy I like. instead of looking a lot and occasionally smiling. be able to talk to any boy, or any body, rather than thinking they don't want to talk to me. or are laughing at me. I wouldn't worry about having a panic attack randomly, and hating both my body and brain chemistry (because if it isn't one type of anxiety, it's the other.) not blank out in class, or stutter when answering a question, or start sweating. And I would probably stop shaking 24/7. I don't mind it, but it would be amazing to not have people look at me twice when they see my hands or legs are shaking. And go to parties. I always want to go to parties, and i hate it when i get there.

Posted

Take belly dancing classes.

Posted

Take belly dancing classes.

;) I have a friend that takes belly dancing classes.

Have you ever seen The Bellydance Superstars perform? http://www.bellydancesuperstars.com/

I love watching bellydancing :)

Posted

I'd do a night school class.

At the moment I could handle going to class.

But the thought of what to do during break puts me off. Do I go to the cafeteria? Should I sit with the other students? What can I say? etc.

Also I would probably freak if the teacher asked me something in front of the other students.

Oh how I envy people who can deal with all this effortlessly.

Posted

I'd go for a walk... at a random time... on a random day.... for no real reason..... and I wouldn't go over a million different things before going... I'd just walk out the door... WITHOUT some form of a make shift weapon...

Posted

See my mates who im to nervous to see now.

Go back to download festival every year

Start up my old metal band

Posted

I'd go out with friends, I'd be a tourist in my own city, I'd see sports games, I'd go shopping and ENJOY myself, I'd laugh and feel ridiculously happy, I'd ignore what anyone else thought of me, I'd take college courses, I'd try everything I've wanted to try (like photography, rock climbing, fencing, harp, ballet), I'd never spend more than nine hours a day in my house.

Dunno about anyone else, but in my dreams(you know, sleeping and the like), that's exactly what happens. Too bad we can't dream like that forever.

Posted

OH! You know what would be better? Travelling the world and getting a job that's fun. Just wonndering, does listening to music help anyone else with feeling more outgoing?

Posted

OH! You know what would be better? Travelling the world and getting a job that's fun. Just wonndering, does listening to music help anyone else with feeling more outgoing?

Music was kind of fun because I think all the people I know would be in my own mental videos I'd make. I used to think music was motivational but I think I use it more as an escape.

If I had no anxiety I probably would get a job because I wouldn't worry how ridiculous I would look demanding that the person hire me. I wouldn[t have to think of all the things that I would promise to perforrm and then when the time comes I wouldn't worry if I was able to do them or not. Maybe I should hire myself out as a worry wort. People could pay me to just sit and worry about their business, that is one skill that I do have.

If I had no anxiety I probably would find something to worry about. Sometimes there's comfort in having something to cling to even if it is anxiety.

Posted

I would be able to introduce myself to people and strike up a converstaion, rather than waiting to be spoken to. I would have a job I like, I would have a girl friend although that's not the be all or end all, I wouldn't be afraid to ask for the things I want. I wouldn't just agree to avoid arguments; I could stand my ground. It would open up so many doors for me.

Normally I'm kinda quiet and blend in. I wait to be spoken to. I feel awkward but I never feel like I don't actually belong in that situation.

At home I'm completely calm and feel different, I leave the house when I want to no problem, but it's always so good come back. Especially after a bad day at work.

Posted

i would have friends, go for walks more, talk to strangers more easily..i'd love to travel...i would definitely do public speaking, share my experiences with things i've struggled with and gone through..and help people.

Posted (edited)

I have a lot of anxiety problems, but oddly enough I have absolutely no social fears.

However that doesn't mean there's much to do and I end up staying home a lot anyways. Oddly enough being alone with my thoughts is what scares me the most and that's where I usually am. It's quite the curse.

Don't feel too bad. Going out is overrated.

Edited by DKnight

Posted (edited)

I would learn how to dance, take yoga and zumba, be more active at my childrens schools. I feel like such an asshole parent cause i never volunteer. :(

Edited by crzybtch79

Posted

I would have already had a bachelors in history, I'd be in a relationship, I'd have friends, I'd have a great job..... My life would just be 100% different from how it is now. In a positive way.

Posted (edited)

Edited by mama2katiebeth

Posted (edited)

If you had no social anxiety, fears and that. What would you want to do that you're too anxious to be able to do now.

Go to the grocery store or the gym during the day instead of at 4am.

Be comfortable in a crowd of people without them warping and distorting on me.

Just be out in public and not feel stalked by monsters and weirdos.

Yeah. Fat chance of that happening.

Edited by Recluse

Posted

Talk to people without having to worry what they think of me. I hate everything about conversations. In fact, I have always found it more easier to go on stage in front of 1000 people than start a conversation with someone. The worrying what they think about me goes back to the many times I have alienated people through being too paranoid. That often comes out. But I guess overall I mean just talking to people in a normal conversation.

Also I would really love to be able to trust people. I really struggle with this, but I always think that someone is trying to hurt me so I choose to err on the side of caution when it comes to protecting myself.

Posted

Try to make some friends

Posted

I would go back to school and finish it this time, I would leave the house more.

Posted

I would probably have more friends, would date more, and would probably be better in bed.

I would probably join some kind of local group of other cycling/running/swimming nerds.

Go to the grocery store or the gym during the day instead of at 4am.

Be comfortable in a crowd of people without them warping and distorting on me.

Just be out in public and not feel stalked by monsters and weirdos.

Yeah. Fat chance of that happening.

I love working out at 4am haha