Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I can't get Google Chrome to work.

7 posts in this topic

Posted

IE 8 is working fine for me, but I can't get Google Chrome to load any webpages (not even the default google.com).

I don't understand why that is.

I've checked for viruses by my antivirus program and an online scanner and I'm clean according to them so I don't understand where this is coming from.

I've tried uninstalling and installing Google Chrome several times but to no success.

I'd like to get use of Google Chrome back.

It says I'm using version 8.0.552.224.

Thanks,

Andy.

Posted

I'm using it right now, so it's not the program...

Posted

does firefox work?

Posted

IE 8 is working fine for me, but I can't get Google Chrome to load any webpages (not even the default google.com).

I've checked for viruses by my antivirus program and an online scanner and I'm clean according to them so I don't understand where this is coming from.

I've tried uninstalling and installing Google Chrome several times but to no success.

Thanks,

Andy.

My version says 8.0.552.231, but I can't imagine that has anything to do with it and I am using a Mac. I assume you use a PC since you mentioned IE 8. What happens when you load chrome? Does it say it cannot connect to the internet?

Posted

It turned out I had multiple corrupt files on my computer which meant I had to reinstall windows 7 and then reinstall chrome after that. It's working fine now.

Posted

Thanks,

Andy.

What OS are you using?I'm using windows 7 with IE8 & firefox(for online printing) & use both standard google & bing as my search engines.

Posted

Um. You shouldn't end up with corrupt files on your computer unless there is really something fucked up.