Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How Many Times a Day Do You Take Klonopin?

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

For the people that take Klonopin daily, how much do you take with each dose, how many times a day and at what times do you take it?

Posted · Report post

2 mg. at breakfast and bedtime and 1 mg. at lunch and dinner (PRN on the luch and dinner ones, so there are weeks that I don't take those ones at all).

Tommy

Posted · Report post

4 times a day. One in the am, one at noon, one at dinner time, one at bedtime.

Posted · Report post

I take 1mg once per day. I tend to have addiction problems and take more and more and more, so for me the simple dosing schedule keeps me pretty on track. I don't know if that's the best way to take it... just the best way for me to stick to my dose.

Posted · Report post

I am on 1 m.g. twice a day right now.

My husband is on .5 twice a day.

My husband's pdoc informed us recently that intially half life of k was thought to be 12 hours but it has been found recently to be more like 6--9. I have no source for that other than pdoc but he seemed pretty on top of things. He told us the whole history of klonapin it was great.

He also knew a lot about zoloft. He was a sweetie, too.

Anna

Posted · Report post

Back in the day, when my anxiety was un-tamed and wild, I took 1mg four times daily. Now I am scripted 1mg b.i.d., but usually just take one tablet at bedtime to ward off withdrawal.

Posted · Report post

Hi...I just found this forum...first post

I take 1 mg 4x daily.

Back in the day, when my anxiety was un-tamed and wild, I took 1mg four times daily. Now I am scripted 1mg b.i.d., but usually just take one tablet at bedtime to ward off withdrawal.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I now take 0.5mg 2X daily. Before it was 1mg 3X daily.

Edited by alienonite

Posted · Report post

2 mg at night when I go to sleep, 1 mg mid of night when I wake up after 4-6 hrs so that I can get back to sleep. So the answer is twice, though the dosages are different.

Posted · Report post

I take 2mg three times a day 8am, 2pm and 10pm. Gonna try to tapper off this soon though as it has lost its affect on me I'm just addicted to this med missing my dose by like two hours will make my stomach twist in knots and start to freak out, not fun.

Posted · Report post

It varies depending on what mood/emotional state I am in. Usually, I just use it PRN, and that can be anywhere from once a month to a few times a week (0.5 mg). When everything in my world blows up in my face (like recently), I take it more often, though I'm always hesitant to take it daily. However, my pdoc has advised me that while I am going through all of the turmoil and pain I'm in, I should be taking it every day. So I now take 0.5 mg twice daily-- morning and late afternoon. If I am going to be under a lot of extra stress, I either take another one, or take Vistaril.

Posted · Report post

My pdoc, when she first prescribed klonopin some 6 years ago, said that it is better to stop a fire while it is just smouldering than waiting for it to burst into flames.

Tommy

Posted · Report post

.5 mg three x daily. One when I wake up, one around 1pm-2pm and another before bed.

Posted · Report post

I am very sensitive to meds... I take .5 in the morning and then the other half about 8 hr's later. Sometimes I feel too drugged so I take .25, then another 4 hrs later, and then another 4 hrs..etc..

but then I feel a bit anxious.. So, i am trying to keep on the half in the morning , half later in the day routine.

Posted · Report post

Wow..... I joined this cause I want to quit after 10 years. At most I was taking 10 Mgs a day.... I know am prescribed 5 but take 4 at night and one when I wake up....