Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Refill dates for Schedule II

31 posts in this topic

Posted

My doctor writes multiple one-month scripts in these situations, each one forward dated for a few months to cover until I'll see him again.

As does mine.

Posted

I'm new to the CII sked stuff. If I understand this you need a physical written script for each month (Humm 90 days are ok?) I learned this when I started running low and phoned in a refill (Even tho it was no refills) figuring my Pharmacy would call the doctor, the doctor would ok it and I could pick it up in a few days. Humm... Nope, and the problem now is that I'm down to the last couple of tabs and argh... This is not working well to run out. Anyway, the law seems to be different in each state so its totally confusing to me. I gather the CII stuff is desired by "dope fiends" and out of control drug addicted medical folks so they try to levy mega tight control over this. How this works for people who need this for longer terms then a month I dunno...

Yep, I will talk with him. He may have samples, he is very free with them. I would just do this one as a 30 day script but the price difference, 30 day script is $50, 90 day script is $50, is too great to pass up. $600 vs $200 a year.

Samples would be excellent! I totally hear you with that. I'd definitely mail-order too. Just got to fix the gap somehow, you know. And, actually, most meds you can bring in a new script at anytime with a dose increase & they'll put it though. Of course that's with normal class meds. May not work with this class schedule. But, yeah.. a different dose or med in general should work without being flagged. The question is whether or not the pdoc is comfortable with doing that... but with a 5-7 day script, it doesn't seem like there would be a liability issue.

BTW, do you have insurance for the Vyvanase? Or is the mail order the base price?

Not sure where you're located or if you have ins, but most ins companies will not allow a retail pharmacy to fill a 90 day script for a Sched II and some retail pharmacies will only dispense 30 days at a time, even if the prescription is written for a 90 day supply, whether or not you have insurance. Ours won't....if you bring in a script for a 90 day supply, you can only get 30 days, then another 30 in 27 days, and the final 30 in another 27 days.

Posted

I'm new to the CII sked stuff. If I understand this you need a physical written script for each month (Humm 90 days are ok?) I learned this when I started running low and phoned in a refill (Even tho it was no refills) figuring my Pharmacy would call the doctor, the doctor would ok it and I could pick it up in a few days. Humm... Nope, and the problem now is that I'm down to the last couple of tabs and argh... This is not working well to run out. Anyway, the law seems to be different in each state so its totally confusing to me. I gather the CII stuff is desired by "dope fiends" and out of control drug addicted medical folks so they try to levy mega tight control over this. How this works for people who need this for longer terms then a month I dunno...

Yep, I will talk with him. He may have samples, he is very free with them. I would just do this one as a 30 day script but the price difference, 30 day script is $50, 90 day script is $50, is too great to pass up. $600 vs $200 a year.

Samples would be excellent! I totally hear you with that. I'd definitely mail-order too. Just got to fix the gap somehow, you know. And, actually, most meds you can bring in a new script at anytime with a dose increase & they'll put it though. Of course that's with normal class meds. May not work with this class schedule. But, yeah.. a different dose or med in general should work without being flagged. The question is whether or not the pdoc is comfortable with doing that... but with a 5-7 day script, it doesn't seem like there would be a liability issue.

BTW, do you have insurance for the Vyvanase? Or is the mail order the base price?

Not sure where you're located or if you have ins, but most ins companies will not allow a retail pharmacy to fill a 90 day script for a Sched II and some retail pharmacies will only dispense 30 days at a time, even if the prescription is written for a 90 day supply, whether or not you have insurance. Ours won't....if you bring in a script for a 90 day supply, you can only get 30 days, then another 30 in 27 days, and the final 30 in another 27 days.

I get a 90 day supply, have to use the insurance mail order program.

nf

Posted

What if you don't have insurance, is it possible to get an early refill if self pay?

Posted

Can you get a RX for a related med, like Adderall XR or Ritalin LA? Then you could take those one day on the weekends to build up a reserve of Vyvanse.

Posted

My insurance allows a refill once 75% of the present med is used. Pdoc said he will put whatever date I need on the script. 90 day refills are allowed for all meds, including Schedule II. So I get 90 Vyvanse caps at a time and 180 dextroamphetamine sulfate tabs.