Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone Taking A Second Dose Of Vyvanse ?

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Anyone taking a second dose of Vyvanse in the afternoon ? I am finding 70 mgs gives me a good productive morning but by 2 PM all my steam is gone. I would like to try like 40 mgs at Noon (it takes about 2 hours to kick in). I am jst wondering if anyone is on more that 70 mgs total a day.

nf

Posted · Report post

So I saw my pdoc. He felt another dose of Vyvanse in the afternoon, considering I take a big dose in the AM, would interfere with my sleep. He is right. He suggested taking dextroamphetamine IR 10-20 mgs as needed in the PM.

He gave me the option of Adderal IR or dextroamphetamine IR, I chose the latter. My local pharmacy had them in stock, by Barr. I tried taking 10 mg during lunch and I had a good afternoon at work. I did not a) stare out the window, or b) surf the web, all afternoon. A vast improvement. I was not too stimulated, I was able to take some breaks and did stuff on the Internet. It is now 6 PM and I feel I will be able to get to sleep by midnight, my normal bedtime.

nf

Posted · Report post

Have you actually tried that second dose of Vyvanse? In my experience, sometimes a bit smaller dose of stimulant HELPS me sleep. For me, it can make the difference between waking up once in the middle of the night instead of 3 times.

No reason to change, of course, if your current scheme is working.

Posted · Report post

I will be taking a second dose once I fill my prescription for next month. I told my pdoc I wasn't getting close to the 13hr time frame that Vyvanse is supposed to deliver. He said a lot of people with this problem supplement the vyvanse with a shorter release drug taken later in the day. OR do a double dose of vyvanse with a few hours in between. The second option being much less expensive for me insurance wise, so I am going from 50mg daily, to 40mg staggered by a few hours. We shall see how this works.

Posted · Report post

I keep trying to talk my pDoc into two doses of Vyvanse, but so far no luck. Adderall is a decent supplement, but the combined effect doesn't last long enough, still.

Posted · Report post

Have you actually tried that second dose of Vyvanse? In my experience, sometimes a bit smaller dose of stimulant HELPS me sleep. For me, it can make the difference between waking up once in the middle of the night instead of 3 times.

No reason to change, of course, if your current scheme is working.

By accident I have. I forgot my dose first thing and did not take it until one PM. Had trouble sleeping. So taking 10 mgs dextroamphetamine as needed is just the ticket. I can take it as late a about 4 PM and not have trouble sleeping.

nf