Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nothing feels real.

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sitting here in my bedroom all alone scared to the bone, crying and shaking.

The walls are dancing and there is music playing in a demonic type of tone.

I hear someone chanting some demonic verse over and over again, and every now and again they say "we're nearly here"

I'm really scared, I think it's the government finally coming for me.

I'm too scared to leave my room, all I want is for it to stop.

Help? Am I going insane?

Posted

I'm sorry to hear that. If I were you, I'd be heading straight to the hospital - they can make the voices and the dancing stop. They're not happening - it's the schizophrenia messing with your perceptions. The government is not out to get you, they have no interest in you. Seriously.

Posted

Hi Myname.

Vape is right. Make arrangements to get to the hospital. You know our Aussie government is completely egocentric so, as Vape says, they have no interest in you. Get some help as soon as you can.

Posted

How am I meant to get to the hospital when I can't even step foot out my bedroom door? I'm scared, so very scared.

Posted

Can you call someone?

Posted

Is there anyone you can call? Do you know any calming techniques/do you have any anti-anxiety meds you can take? I think now would definitely be an appropriate time to take them. Call someone you trust to take you to the hospital, or to just sit with you.

It's not real. The hospital or your doctor can make it stop.

Good luck!

N

Posted

Myname, if you are in an urban area there may be a crisis team that can come to your house and try to help you out. Are you able to use a telephone and call, if there were services that could come to your house?

Posted

Definitely call someone if you can. This is your illness talking, not reality. People from the same country as you have already said that the government would not care about you. You need help right now.

Posted

I'm too scared to leave my room, all I want is for it to stop.

How am I meant to get to the hospital when I can't even step foot out my bedroom door? I'm scared, so very scared.

How are you doing right now? It's not going to stop if you stay by yourself in your room. You need medical help to make it stop. What do you think of the idea of calling a friend to take you to hospital? Somehow you have to get there. How are you going to get to hospital? The good news is that antipsychotics can often knock down these scary experiences fairly quickly.

Posted

I know the phone scares you a bit. Can BF or family make the call for the crisis team to come and look after your needs? and/or Can they contact pdoc for you?

I'm very worried about you and, as the others have said, it won't get better if you stay in your room.

Posted

To the people who said to call someone, that's impossible, the government tracks my phone calls so I can't use it.

Posted (edited)

How am I meant to get to the hospital when I can't even step foot out my bedroom door?

To the people who said to call someone, that's impossible, the government tracks my phone calls so I can't use it.

OK, do you live near someone? Do you have someone who can call pdoc or crisis team for you? Do you have access to transportation to hospital? You need a plan. What is your plan? I think you need a meds adjustment.

Edited by y58

Posted

You could try emailing Limelight Foundation who are a support organisation for mental health crises for Australian citizens. You seem to be okay about using the internet. They might be able to provide some guidance. I used them once and found them to be very empathetic and helpful. You can explain about not wanting to use the telephone.

http://www.limelight.org.au/index.php?page=email%20details

Posted

The government could care less about your phone.

Posted

I think I am okay, well for now but if it happens again (the demonic music etc) I will go to the ER. Thankyou everyone for being so kind.

Posted

What do you think of the idea of creating a simple written plan for what steps you will take if it happens again. Not able to leave your bedroom, not able to use phone, but needing to get to the ER/A&E or talk to a crisis team. How can you make it so you will not be stuck?

Posted

Y58 is right. Next time you're at Pdoc or Tdoc you might want to get them to help you with this. They know what resources are out there. Jot down some ideas of your own and get your plan going. If there is someone you trust, give that person a copy too.