CrazyBoards.org

water

whatever the weather

Coming home very late last night from work, disgusted with people already decked out in costumes, I decided to make a weather topic. I am into the weather (you could say addicted), whether rain, snow, sleet or hail. It keeps my mind off my depression. just another coping mechanism. I check out the radar, the satellites, the forecast on my favorite weather websites all day long.

Post your weather thoughts, updates, whether fair and sunny or pouring or blah. whatever the weather. we come from all over the world, with humidity, droughts, tornados and sea breezy.

━━━━━━━

It is supposed to SNOW here. SNOW in october? It is pouring out right now. There is a swirl of nasty coming up the coast. Is this a portend of the winter or will it be the only snow we get? I am driving into work today in this mess. I am too tired to take the train and drag our equipment all around. I am going to drive. We have a nice suburu outback and I will go slow in the snow.

We haven't had much rain these past few years and are in a serious drought throughout South Texas.

Tommy

Britain:

Two elderly women at a bus stop.

"Isn't the weather we've been having lately just terrible?"

"Yes, but it's better than nothing."

It's snowing.....we could get up to 15 inches of snow! I wish I had my iphone, I'd post a pic.

shit, this is the new forecast and now it is too late for me to take the train. wish me luck!!

Picture1-4.png

You're forecast looks like mine water :) Goodluck out there in the snow!

Humpf......when we moved, ex-family member took all our shovels, racks, hedge trimmers, ect. and locked them up in their garage and wouldn't give them back. I guess we'll be digging ourselves out with our hands!

I am definitely a cold weather person, so I am glad that winter is coming. But I hate the dark nights. I'd prefer it to be dark in the mornings, when I am asleep.

Hot weather makes my pain a lot worse. Cold weather just makes it go down to the bones, which although bad is a lot more tolerable than what I get in hot weather. This is my biggest reason for being a cold weather person.

My favourite weather is winter sunshine, when the air is really fresh. Fresh air and cold weather wakes me up. If it is too hot I just fall asleep.

I also like cloud formations, and trying to decipher what the clouds look like. That is an interesting way of daydreaming and distracting myself from the crap.

Plus I am in the UK, where we practically obsess about the weather. ;)

The weather is an endless topic of conversation here in the upper Midwest. High today was 50 degrees, which is about 50 degrees warmer than it's going to be in, say, three months' time. No snow yet, but it could come any time.

Did the snow come? Somehow the image of kids trudging through the snow to get their Halloween treats doesn't seem quite "right".

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

That's the extent of my weather fascination. Hurricane information. I like to look a their predictions and do a statistical analysis of likelihood of impact off of their numeric chart.

Guest Vapourware

Temperatures here in Western Australia are nice at the moment. Mid-20s to low-30s [celcius, not fahrenheit]. A few showers perhaps later in the week. Today was a nice and sunny day.

it's raining in Nova Scotia, and we're waiting to see if we will get that snowstorm our southern neighbours got (i hope not, i am SO not ready for snow yet).

This picture is for Chris---we did indeed get snow:

P1020196.jpg

I live about 90 miles or so from water, and her state got clobbered. We got about 8-10" of snow, but the ground is warm and the temperature hovered just above freezing, so it melted after it fell. The sun is out today, the wind has picked up and it is all melting. More pix when my camera is charged up...

olga

Blue crystal clear sky today, windy and cold. Looking out the window this morning I was very confused.

Is it February? This is my driveway:

P1210797.jpg

It's going to be 60 degrees on Thursday.

Mild and clear in Yorkshire, UK.

Oh, just rub it in, smarty-pants! :lol:

P1020221.jpg

At least it's 80ºF (26ºC) in the greenhouse.

olga

It happens even here in the warmest part of the UK.

I was told by my neighbours, when I moved in, that it was a rare winter that had snow in it.

It's been every year so far, with two of them provoking mutterings of "... never known anything like it..." in the local shop and pub.

Early 2009: My local church.

2-3-2009_016.jpg

2-2-2009_004_opt.jpg

Almost all the snow is melted out of my yard.

It was sunny and actually, uhm, warmish today! It's going to be quite cold tomorrow night though. I don't think my Wee Wittle Ones (3 and 5) will be going trick or treating. It's just way too cold for all that.

Almost all the snow is melted out of my yard.

It was sunny and actually, uhm, warmish today! It's going to be quite cold tomorrow night though. I don't think my Wee Wittle Ones (3 and 5) will be going trick or treating. It's just way too cold for all that.

When I was little and it was too cold to for our Halloween costumes, we wore black tights and a black turtleneck as a base layer and put our costumes over them. Yes, my little brother too!

cold, icy and crisp out. just like a good fall apple.

Jack's Hill

73°; barometer steady at 30 inches; no precipitation and none expected; winds calm and visibility 10 miles. Be sure to use your sunscreen.

We essentially had no summer in San Jose. Traditionally, most days are in the 90s, with heat spells of several days over 100, sometimes only cooling off to the 70s (which is too hot for your body to recover from the heat overnight). This year, we had two weeks of 3 or 4 days each of 90+ weather, and haven't hit 100. Don't get me wrong, I prefer this weather, but it is NOT normal. AND, we got rain, which just doesn't happen in the summer. And we will be getting frost in the next few days (also weird this early).