Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indianamom

Upping my Ativan for the dentist in 2 hours?

3 posts in this topic

OK, so I take 2-3 mg of Ativan/day for my GAD and that makes me feel normal and not nervous and fine.

I will take 1mg in the AM and 1mg in the afternoon and then sometimes in the evening if I'm doing something that raises my anxiety.

2 weeks ago I took 2 in the AM before going to the dentist to get a filling. I've never had a filling and hate people's hands in my mouth. I also hate when things are put to sleep or numb. So as soon as the numbing shit got to my throat and I couldnt feel my throat I felt like I was going to throw up. It's so frustrating because I'm really not afraid of the dentist, I'm afraid of having anxiety and that's what causes my anxiety.

OKAY, so I rescheduled after they could tell I was in no shape to go through with it.

I'm going back today at 4:15 (roughly 2 hours from now). They are giving me nitrous oxide this time and I (of course) am going to take my Ativan. This leads to my question.

Question: How much Ativan can you take at one time?

I have taken 4mg before, but that's throughout the day. The most I've taken at once is 2mg. I'm wondering if I should take 1mg now (at 2pm) and then 2mg later (half hour before procedure).

Thoughts anyone? I know that 4mg won't kill me, but is taking 3mg within 2 hours or less bad?

TY so much.

Kathryn

I take a little extra xanax before the dentist

just be careful and have someone drive you

don't drive on an increased dose

I take 1 mg of Ativan for smaller upsets and 2 mg for major issues. For example 1mg for a minor car wreck, a fender bender with no one hurt. 2 mgs for a major wreck, car(s) totaled, people hurt. However, I really just go with my feelings and how agitated I am to gage how much Ativan is needed. On rare occasions I have taken 3 mg at once. Like after a seizure.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Lithium carbonate withdrawal Seroquel
      By Inkedupmonster
      Okay this is my first forum posts. So please bear with me. 

For or the last several years I have been on lithium 900mg and 1100mg broken in three doses. 
      I recently lost my insurance which covered the cost to be on there. 

I've been withdrawaling for the last week and 2 day. (9 days total). I get the worst cold chills and feel super depressed and hopping not to spiral out of control when the maniac kicks in. 

So my question is as follows... 

Has as anyone else deal with this and how long did it last?? 
    • my boyfriend and i keep fighting?
      By ladyboss
      I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 20, we've been dating for almost a month now (have been talking for about four) and there are some days we fight non stop. But, what's bad is, I try having a normal conversation about a conflict and he starts yelling. I have BPD, anxiety and major depression, my boyfriend has ADHD. When I try talking about something he'll get furious and yell. I'm also his first real girlfriend, he's not had a girlfriend since high school and it turns out she faked her own death. Both of us have been through our fair share of shit. I know part of the fighting is because I've not been on my meds because I lost half my bottle. I know fights can be healthy, but they're getting so stupid maybe...possibly.
      we do love each other very much, and I don't want to break up....but should we really? We're both taking the time to understand the other, we have very strong personalities and are basically the type of people who take no bullshit, see no bullshit, hear no bullshit. Ironically enough my boyfriend hates confrontation. One thing I read though on various articles is that sometimes ADHD partners with non ADHD partners can end up forming the parent child dynamic. and sometimes, it feels like that. Not all days are bad, one week we faught all.week.long. it was exhausting. That time though it was really just me bitching about..everything. Another thing I don't get is why my boyfriend does something, finds out it upsets me, apologizes, and does it again. I know it isnt intentional but it bothers me still....
    • Help I have a cello concert
      By ibreatheandcounttoten
      So I play cello, and I have for nearly five years. I have played in two solo concerts and several times with an orchestra. My anxiety has been steadily growing worse and I average about one panic attack per week without any stressors but I have a quartet coming up and these freak me out because if I was solo I wouldn't mess anyone else up if I screwed up timing. In an orchestra of twenty or so people, I could sink out of it if I needed to. In a quartet, however, I would screw up the other three players. Even though I play the easiest part, I can't bring myself to even look at the music or else I panic. My mom said I didn't have to do the concert but I had to tell my teacher face to face why. To me, this is nearly as bad as going up in front of all those people because my teacher is amazing and I love her. After my mom said that, I started to panic again, thinking of all the ways it could go wrong. She might not let me be her student as I miss most of the solo concerts. I really scared and this has caused me a sh*t-load of anxiety and panic attacks. What should I say? What should I do? Please help.
    • Stuck.
      By ladyboss
      i've had one too many jobs. I'm aware I'm beginning to wear myself down of places I can work here. What's worse is I don't have my drivers license, or even remotely have a clue HOW to drive.
      Every time I lose a job, I immediately hunt for another one. I'm beginning to think I may as well have a damn felon record (no offense to anyone who does) because I feel like with how many jobs I've quit, employers are gonna look at me twice.
      I'm a very honest and hard working person, but no one wants to give me the benfit of the doubt. My disability finally has been approived, but I'm also by no means ready to live on my own. I can't. I have to have someone with me. I lost my best friend, and my boyfriend lives in universit housing. Although they are apartments, but I can't be on the lease and I technically can't move in. But they won't care. The only other issue is my parents don't know we're together.

I'm just tired of feeling like I dug myself a hole I cant escape from...  its really depressesing me.

• Fisher-Wallace Stimulator
      By Rachel48
      I just wanted to add my experience with the Fisher-Wallace Stimulator.  Here is what it says on their website: 
      "The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® is cleared by the FDA for the treatment of depression and anxiety. During each 20-minute treatment session (once or twice a day), the device stimulates the brain to produce serotonin and other neurochemicals required for healthy mood, without causing the side effects of medication. Patients may use the device with or without medication, but should not reduce their current medication without first speaking to their doctor."
      Damn straight patients should not reduce their medication.  I have moderate-severe depression and anxiety.  I experienced nothing from this device after using it faithfully for six weeks, 20 minutes, twice a day. 
      And do you know what they want to charge you?  $699.00 . . . I decided to rent it for the sum of $200.00 - boy was that money better spent on meds or therapy!
      I was SUPER excited about this device and read every study, watched every video with psychiatrists recommending it, and every patient stating how much it helped them.  I can't tell you how shocked I was at the total lack of results.  And they use this with Veterans who have PTSD?  The results are placebo effect at best - at worst I hope this device is not being used in place of medications because it's a waste of time.
      In conclusion, I give it a five sad-face rating.