Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indianamom

Upping my Ativan for the dentist in 2 hours?

3 posts in this topic

OK, so I take 2-3 mg of Ativan/day for my GAD and that makes me feel normal and not nervous and fine.

I will take 1mg in the AM and 1mg in the afternoon and then sometimes in the evening if I'm doing something that raises my anxiety.

2 weeks ago I took 2 in the AM before going to the dentist to get a filling. I've never had a filling and hate people's hands in my mouth. I also hate when things are put to sleep or numb. So as soon as the numbing shit got to my throat and I couldnt feel my throat I felt like I was going to throw up. It's so frustrating because I'm really not afraid of the dentist, I'm afraid of having anxiety and that's what causes my anxiety.

OKAY, so I rescheduled after they could tell I was in no shape to go through with it.

I'm going back today at 4:15 (roughly 2 hours from now). They are giving me nitrous oxide this time and I (of course) am going to take my Ativan. This leads to my question.

Question: How much Ativan can you take at one time?

I have taken 4mg before, but that's throughout the day. The most I've taken at once is 2mg. I'm wondering if I should take 1mg now (at 2pm) and then 2mg later (half hour before procedure).

Thoughts anyone? I know that 4mg won't kill me, but is taking 3mg within 2 hours or less bad?

TY so much.

Kathryn

I take a little extra xanax before the dentist

just be careful and have someone drive you

don't drive on an increased dose

I take 1 mg of Ativan for smaller upsets and 2 mg for major issues. For example 1mg for a minor car wreck, a fender bender with no one hurt. 2 mgs for a major wreck, car(s) totaled, people hurt. However, I really just go with my feelings and how agitated I am to gage how much Ativan is needed. On rare occasions I have taken 3 mg at once. Like after a seizure.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Owenms
      I'm new to the forums and thought it would be useful to introduce myself. I'm not really comfortable talking about myself and it's pretty obvious because my heart is racing just writing this. But I've been having a lot of issues lately so I'm hoping I can find some help by talking more with you guys. 
    • By KnickNak
      I have been struggling for the last month or so with the meds. I am off Cymbalta completely ( was on it for 2 years ) on Friday or Saturday I started taking 300mg XR of Seroquel from 200mg XR... the first 3 nights had akathesia .
      Now I am having anxiety attacks, feeling like an elephant is on my chest, I am dizzy and off balance and get this woosh of anxiety almost like I am going to black out and I literally scream and grab on to something. I can't really describe it, it's if you were to feel like when your stomach is hollow.. that's how my heart/chest feels. It's scary as fuck. I am losing my shit. I cry and close my eyes until it fades or at least where it's not as intense. I have this look of fear and everyone asks why I look scared? What the fuck? 
      I am losing confidence in myself again, I am taking 5 steps backwards instead of forward. I am very depressed about it. And this time of the year makes me depressed.. for some reason I really miss my dog right now. I think because this time last year.. She got sick and I was taking care of her everyday and was with her 24/7 .. even the smell of outside right now reminds me of her. I still have her bed under the Piano; it is sad walking by it and seeing it empty, but I am not getting rid of it. 
      Anyway.. Does Seroquel make you anxious and make you feel like you are falling off a cliff? Is that a thing? Am I having a bad reaction even tho I have been on it for way over a year. Isn't this shit suppose to relax you?  

• By Ochmom
      My husband and I have been married for many years.  Over the years, he has gotten upset at me for various reasons, many justified and others....our level of arguing increased about 8 years ago.  I do not do well with conflict.  I grew up on a family where you said sorry and moved on.  I avoid conflict and lie at times to avoid it.  Many times, He will recognize my anxiety and call me out.  Instead of stating the tough facts and bringing uneasy feelings and thoughts to light, I will provide half truths hoping he will let it go.  Pretty much, anytime this happens, he know it and is upset with me.  I finally come clean with it all.  Many times, my husband has shut down and not talked to me for days and I didn’t know exactly what was wrong.   I have become so afraid to bring up anything that I see could cause a disagreement or him to think something horrible of me. So, I lie to myself and hope it blows over and I don’t have to tell him my deepest feelings.  Am I crazy?  Oh, and I am terrified he will leave me as he has threatened so many times over the years.  I fear he will say he has had enough of my anxiety and lies....I don’t know what to do.
    • By Ochmom
      I have been on Wellbutrin SR twice a day for at least 6 months.  The other day, I forgot to take my morning dose until about 5pm.  I think I then took my evening dose at 9pm that night.  The next day, I forgot to take it again until about noon.  Although my anxiety was warranted, to some extent, it was WAY higher than it normally is even when I fear a conflict is going to happen.  Could my Missed doses have anything to do with this increased anxiety?
    • By KillMe

Does anybody else feel sick and panicked when somebody goes into their room uninvited? Like, I have nothing to hide sometimes, you can go in my room I just hate it when people come in uninvited or against my will.
      My mum recently told me to tidy my room which is fine, but she said that afterwards she HAS to go in and I can't do anything to "tidy for me" after this I felt a lot of anxiety and I felt really unsafe. Again, I have nothing to hide (much) and she's been in my room in the past. The last time was when she went in my room and tidied it all without my knowledge. I didn't know where kings where, I didn't know what she'd thrown away and it just felt so wrong. 
      When I walked in my room I had a full on panic attack (an actual attack, not an exaggeration.) and I yelled at her and I couldn't breathe. I just felt so violated suddenly and like I had my privacy and safety taken away from me. by my own MOTHER. 
      I just felt like I should die. I know that sounds so horrible but..
      anybody know how to prevent this or relate? Please help!!!!