Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How many times a day do you take meds?

How many times a day do you take meds?   63 votes

1. 1. How many times a day do you take meds?

• More than 5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I had 3 new meds added this week and I went from taking meds twice a day to 5 times a day. Well, technically, meds 4 times a day and a vitamin once separately from all the meds. The new ones apparently don't play well with others. Or food.

How about you?

Posted · Report post

Morning, evening and at bedtime. The bulk is taken morning and evening. I end up taking a lot of pills for diabetes and its complications plus allergies.

Posted · Report post

Once a day, but I also take ativan as needed.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Morning, lunchtime, dinner, and bedtime. Like notfred, I have physical issues as well, so a good whack of my meds aren't psych meds.

Edited by ArtlessAesthetic

Posted · Report post

Morning, lunchtime, dinner, and bedtime. Like notfred, I have physical issues as well, so a good whack of my meds aren't psych meds.

Actually, if we count Gaviscon, I actually take something every two hours. Oh dear god.

Posted · Report post

Generally twice unless I need my Valium. I take one dose of lithium in the morning and another one at night along with my Lamictal and Valium.

3 times...Klonopin in the morning risperdal and klonopin together in the evening (about 8pm), and a little extra risperdal before I jump into bed at night (11:30 ish) with some trazodone if I think I need it. I'm currently trying to minimize it to two times a day right now.

Edited by Revan

Posted · Report post

Variable.

Valproex in AM & PM, spaced 12 hours, on the tens. Concerta can be up to twice a day, very very rarely taken at the same time as a valproex dose. So, not counting my multivitamin which goes with a meal and spaced out from any other med, up to four times a day. Clonazepam as needed, used maybe once a month to once every few months.

Posted · Report post

Morning meds, night meds, 2 meds every 8 hours, vitmains (if that counts), iron pills, and prn's if needed (although that is rarely needed these days). Also need excedrin and naproxen sodium a lot, taken whenever I need them, randomly during the day. I feel like I am constantly swallowing pills.

Posted · Report post

Twice, but if you asked this question a year ago, it would've been 6+ times a day, all psych meds.

Posted · Report post

Twice a day. Abilify, Dexedrine, and Trileptal in the morning, then Prozac and more Trileptal at night. Thrown in Vitamin D twice a week in the morning, too. I don't know if I could keep up with more than twice a day!

Posted · Report post

Twice a day for my psych meds. But if you include all my meds it's 3 times a day (3 in morning, one with evening dinner, one late evening).

WHAT THE FUCK, MY POST DISAPPEARED. GRAH. Fuck it.

Four times a day-- levothyroxine first thing when I get up; Adderrall, lithium and fish oil an hour later; Adderall and fish oil about five hours later; then Stellazine, lithium, nortriptyline and fish oil at bedtime.

Edited by dedoubt

Posted · Report post

I take meds twice a day - when I wake up and about an hour before bed. It's pretty close to a 12 hour, more like a 11/13 hour split.

I just started taking a supplemental stimulant at 3 pm every day. I generally find it hard to take mid-day doses, because I forget them or am out and about. So we'll see how it goes.

Posted · Report post

I roughly take pills 4 times a day betweem my psych meds and my tummy meds

Posted · Report post

Twice. Prozac and Concerta with breakfast and Lamictal and Seroquel with dinner or at bed time. I'm probably going back to Ritalin so will have to take that in the middle of the day. I find that annoying.

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty lucky in that I take my meds once a day. I take all my meds in the evening, after dinner.

Posted · Report post

Thankfully I only have to take my meds twice daily, morning and evening. I never forget to take the evening ones but because I'm not a great morning person I often forget to take the morning ones and only remember hours later. At the moment I'm on an antibiotic for a tooth abscess to be taken 4 times daily and I'm having a hard time remembering to take them but thankfully that is only short term!!

Posted · Report post

Once a day, and Klonopin as needed.

Posted · Report post

two-three times a day. Adderall XR, Wellbutrin and Prozac in the morning, Adderall/Ritalin afternoon, and often an antihistamine to sleep at night.

Posted · Report post

Just once a day at the moment as I'm currently only on lamictal - so I take it with my first cup of coffee in the "morning" which might be anything from midnight to 3am the way I'm sleeping at the moment

Posted · Report post

I take medication(s) 4 times per day.

Posted · Report post

i take meds morning and night, but occasionally extra gabapentin in the middle of the day.

Posted · Report post

Once a day, at night. It's weird not taking a pill every morning, but I like it.

Posted · Report post

Twice a day and as needed. Zoloft, Propranolol, Wellbutrin XL, and Lo Lo Estrin FE in the morning. Topamax and Lamictal at night. Valium, Nucynta, and Propranolol as needed.