Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loveyouhateyou

Latuda Experiences

14 posts in this topic

After trying Invega, Geodon and Abilify with terrible results, my doc put me on Latuda. I'm on day one and the only side effect is my jaw is tight and I was a little anxious(socially) earlier today. This is a huge difference as far as the previous meds as the nasty side effects were immediate and didn't subside even after a few weeks.

Can you tell me your experiences as far as weight gain...sexual side effects...drowsiness...flat affect?

Thanks so much!

I only noticed some nausea and drowsiness but it goes away after a couple weeks

I stopped abilify and started latuda about 3 months ago. My anxiety completely evaporated in a day or two. However i had horrible vivid dreams. They are no longer crazy and horrible but still very vivid. I also had restless legs and didnt sleep more then a few hours a night for a couple of weeks but that has gone away completely.

I had some nausea too when i first started but i took it at bed time so usually i could fall asleep before that kicked in. I actually lost a little weight since starting it.

Reading this now it seems like a lot of side effects but the benefit far outweighed the cost. And like i said they all subsided realtivly quick.

Good luck.

Thank you! Those are side effects that are doable especially if they're temporary.

I agree the benefits outweigh the costs. I came home with a smile on my face today so that was nice lol. Abilify took my personality away!

I took Latuda for quite awhile and the only thing I noticed for most of it was a little trouble swallowing. Not like choking, but I had to take a drink every few bites. It wasn't really noticeable, not really a big deal. Unfortunately it also gave me neuropathy which is extremely rare, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I've been on it for 7 and a half months now. Same as the others, I got drowsy an hour after taking it, but that went away eventually, and in the first month I was very nauseous and I almost quit, but it went away too. I did not get a flat affect, whereas I did with the other 5 antipsychotics I have tried. I finally went back to college, and my job requires me to think a lot, and I'm fine...also have my same interests. No sexual side effects. It technically didn't boost my sex drive, but after getting on Latuda it improved because I wasn't psychotic and depressed anymore. Best antipsychotic I've ever taken.

Thank you so much!

I'm on day two and did really well when I took it last night. A little nauseous and sleepy but that only lasted about an hour. I slept well and woke up well.

Right now, I am so excited to have potentially found the one lol. It's been a rough ride the last few months. I feel like I wasn't myself.

How is the Latuda now? Lately I've been worried I got placebos (obviously isn't true but the thought has crossed my mind) because I feel fine but also haven't had any side effects from it lately. Hopefully that means I have grown into the med lol.

I've not really had any side effects.

I still have some irritability and intrusive thoughts so maybe I just need to increase the dose.

I go back to the doc in over a week so I'll see about raising it then.

The lack of side effects made me wonder also lol.

That's good to hear, but really, it's weird how much food affects it. Except for Geodon I don't think I've ever taken another med that required it. I suppose if we feel better it's working. And actually, think how depressing it is that it's "weird" that it doesn't have side effects. I mean, we've all gotten used to side effects coming along with meds, unfortunately. But as technology increases, medications will get better I hope? Hopefully an increase will work for you; I really love this med.

I'm liking it too so far as well. I've been taking 80 mg for two weeks.

On latuda I had really bad restless legs and some mouth movements. It made me tired about an hour after taking it. I would wake up in the middle of the night but could fall back asleep just fine. I would sometimes have anxiety attacks and psychosis not sure if the anxiety caused the psychosis or vice versa. I would sometimes go 2 weeks at a time without hearing voices followed by 2 weeks where I did hear voices. Latuda was a mixed bag for me.

I've noticed some breakthrough intrusive thoughts this week. I'm wondering if I need to go up to 80mg and see how that goes.

Other than the intrusive thoughts and a little irratibility, I've not had many side effects. Well, I've noticed a little less drive to do things but I may need to boost my wellbutrin because I've been on the same dose for 2 years which as some of you may know, it loses effect.