CrazyBoards.org

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By icygrave
      I was curious about Abilify, first off have you personally seen a huge increase in weight after getting on abilify? I hardly have an appetite, even without meds, and it's very hard for me to gain weight. I also exercise pretty modestly, about an hour a day. Would I be safe from weight gain caused by Abilify? The only antipsychotic I've been on long term was Seroquel, helped me a lot and I don't think I gained more than 10 pounds, which could've just been me not being so depressed and having an appetite again. Is the same likely for Abilify? I am just terrified of this because I have gained a large amount of weight, over 20 pounds from one medication which was Remeron. It really messed with my body and I am terrified of that happening again, because honestly, being fat makes me feel ugly and even more depressed.
      Second, I wanted to talk about something my   psych brought up to me. He said that Abilify and it's relative Rexulti, have "pro-cognitive" effects, meaning they help with brain fog, apathy, concentration, motivation, and even energy. Apparently both are used for ADHD, with even the makers of Rexulti trying to get it approved for ADHD. Have any of your experienced this from either of the two? Because I am in need of something that helps with cognition, mainly apathy and low, low motivation and interest.
      Bottom line, I am very interested in Abilify and its sister Rexulti. They are very interesting pharmacologically, with them being sort of unique antipsychotics... I would be taking Abilify for depression and as an add on to an antidepressant, by the way. I've always been scared of the word "antipsychotic" but knowing how Seroquel basically annihilated my depression in the past, I can't deny their benefits. Please share your experience, and as always, thanks for helping me out.
    • By de414
    • By icygrave
      Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone here has tried Rexulti as an AD adjunct for depression. Please tell me what you thought of it, I know it's very similar to Abilify, but surprisingly Rexulti under my insurance + the manufacturer discount card is cheaper than generic Abilify, so I want to get familiar with it. I have only had one true experience with an AAP, Seroquel, and it was actually really nice but it made me sleep like a rock, so I got off it years ago. I'm not switching to Rexulti at the moment, but my psych let me know it's the next option if Wellbutrin doesn't work out.

Again, let me know your experiences with it, and I guess Abilify too since they are similar. The thought of being on an AAP scares me, with all the side effects and such, especially for depression. But I have read Rexulti and Abilify both have "pro-cognitive" effects which is exactly what I need. Also, has it helped with your anxiety at all? Do AAPs generally help with anxiety? Because if I'd be able to get off Klonopin that would be a plus. Thank you all for any replies!

• By PingWire
      I've taken Abilify for almost 10 years. I was originally put on it for anxiety, which was rather unwise. I havn't felt good from doing exercise since being on it. However, It did seem to help with OCD. My OCD used to center around cleanliness, now I don't care much. Now my OCD involves intrusive, repetitive thoughts.
      I am on 10mg Abilify 300mg Luvox, 50 mg Lamictal, 500mg Depakote, and 50mg hydroxyzine as needed.
      5 months ago my Abilify does was increased from 5mg to 10mg. Everything was great for a month or 2, not anymore.
      I've been told that the intrusive, repetitive thoughts are part of OCD and not schizophrenia. However, I'm wondering if I have schizophrenia anyway since the thoughts are related to my daily activities.
      Has anyone heard of intrusive thoughts being linked to schizophrenia? If so, would a different antipsychotic be more effective?
      To complicate things, I am a slow metabolizer. Geodon knocked me out for 18 hours! A prior doctor put me on perphenazine after that because he found an article showing the same problem in someone else, and success with perphenazine.  I found an article that stated that perphenazine is metabolized by three enzymes while Geodon is metabolized by one. Unfortunately I don't have those articles now. The downside to perphenazine is that it made me depressed at high doses. I tried risperdal, but It made me anxious. I'm willing to try anything again as long as I'm not asleep for 18 hours.
      Any ideas?

• By Dewey
      I have had a non-stop headache for a week now, or since I stopped Seroquel. I was taking a tiny amount (25 mg) so my psych doc thought stopping it suddenly was okay and I was on it for only a month.  However, I have had this headache with nausea since then and it wasn't until I started with the brain zaps yesterday that I wondered if I was going thru Seroquel withdrawals. I have had brain zaps while going off of drugs in the past. I have also had to stay away from anything with bright lights as my eyes have been bothering me to. Originally thought it was a migraine but now rethinking. Then two days ago, I got a horrible muscle spasm in my back.  I could feel it slowly coming on, getting acute and slowly going away, never had that before, weird.  And having dizzy spells as well that come and go.  Oh and hypotension too and regulating body temperatures.
      My psych doc wanted me to start Latuda right away, but I want to wait until Seroquel is all gone.  I can tell it's still in my system as I am still having rigid muscles and muscle spasms in my legs and neck.  Going to give it one more week and let myself dry out before starting on anything. 
      Taking 600 mg of Ibuprophen daily to help with the headache and ice and hot packs for my back and neck. 
      Will just have to sweat it out, not going back on that drug again.  Now worried about Latuda.
      Also, forgot to mention I stopped Pamelor at the same time and was on that for a month as well, at a low dose.  So, pretty sure this is all withdrawals I am going thru.