Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mirazh

Mirazh

1 post in this topic

(A) Unicorn.

I'm Mirazh. I like long walks on the beach whilst fighting off bloodthirsty zombies, hunting for jaguars in the wilds of the Toronto urban jungle, and obsessively restricting the volume setting on my television to only multiples of three.

White anglophone Canadian with 1/2 parents being Québecois.  Fluent in absolutely terrible Frenglish.

I came to CB in the second half of 2011, conveniently a few months before I went batshit insane from my undiagnosed bipolar disorder.  Fun times.  Oh wait I mean horrible.  Thank the gods for CB.

The official diagnoses are Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactive/Impulsive Disorder, and Bipolar Disorder.

I'm a label-hoarding nonbinary trans guy.  I'm FtM (female-to-male) trans.  I was born as a female, have always been drawn to androgyny and femininity both, I learned that I'm trans in part through my involvement with queer male and drag queen cultures, and basically I'm a guy who loves to dress up in makeup and skirts.  In fact, makeup is my most recent artistic passion.

I am a skeptic, and I'm a polytheist.  And a pantheist.  A heathen and a practicing Wiccan, tradition-trained and one day bound for initiation.  I'm extremely passionate about the coexistence of multiple different faith communities, including atheism.  I believe wholeheartedly in interfaith harmony.  One planet, one species -- multiple cultures and beliefs which remain distinct yet are interconnected to the whole.

You'll usually find me around the following boards:  bipolar, self injury, substance abuse, panic/anxiety, OCD, social phobia, ADHD, ASDs, ACs/MSs, cocktails, benzos, stimulants, what the hell is that, therapy, family feud, relationships, spirituality, GLBT(QIA/etc.), whatever, and good stuff.  I'm also known to lurk in chat.

As of September 2016: I'm trying to be back more, now that I have the means to do so regularly.  But I'm trying to be back without binging, because that will suck up all of my life that I need for things like sleep and sudoku.

Anyone curious about my medications, personal interests, etc. can check out my profile.

Edited by Mirazh