Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can Seroquel XR be used to treat OCD?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Well since I always go manic with SSRI when I try to treat my OCD, my only choice is to go for the antipsychotic route. So my question is, can Seroquel XR help with those nasty obsessive/intrusive thoughts?

Posted

Umm, It's worth a try. What type of OCD do you have? Like pure o or classic OCD? Because I don't go manic and I'm on two anti depressents. Also has your klonopin withdrawals went away.? How are you doing with that?

Posted

Umm, It's worth a try. What type of OCD do you have? Like pure o or classic OCD? Because I don't go manic and I'm on two anti depressents. Also has your klonopin withdrawals went away.? How are you doing with that?

I don't know what type of OCD I have, all I know I have some obsessive/intrusive thoughts regarding some stuff. I try it with Luvox for about 3 days and couln't handle it, my mind raced like hell, couln't sleep. About Clonazepam... well, was all well to get from 0,2mg to nothing within a few weeks - but with my mind racing I had to take more to couple with that. Back to fucking zero I guess. I will not take Luvox anymore, just worse it all.

Posted

Seroquel has helped my anxiety, thank God.

But when I am upset I still ruminiate like crazy.

Talk to your doctor and try it. And you might need to experiment to find the best dose.

People are on anything from 25 mgs to 800 mgs.

Ask your doctor.

Posted

In my experience, Seroquel XR was very helpful for obsessive and intrusive thoughts. It's worth a shot, and Seroquel XR was very well tolerated for me. After the first week, I had no side effects. At first, I had some drowsiness at night after taking the pill (expected) and in the afternoons (not so expected), but it faded after the first few days. I recommend it as a very low-side effect profile medication with good results for both depression and anxiety (including OCD symptoms).

Posted

Seroquel has helped my anxiety, thank God.

But when I am upset I still ruminiate like crazy.

Talk to your doctor and try it. And you might need to experiment to find the best dose.

People are on anything from 25 mgs to 800 mgs.

Ask your doctor.

I did ask. He said to me to continue with the Luvox but I can't do it.

Posted

I have never taken Seroquel, but I am currently using Abilify which is another AAP. It is somewhat effective, it helps me stop the more paranoid ruminations. Just to give my input.

Posted

I have never taken Seroquel, but I am currently using Abilify which is another AAP. It is somewhat effective, it helps me stop the more paranoid ruminations. Just to give my input.

Strange, Abilify with me did help with OCD but made me way more paranoid and anxious. I was on 10mg-15mg for 5 months.

Posted

opinion -

if Luvox made your mind race and you could not sleep

and your doctor did not think that was significant and he told you to keep taking Luvox

you only took it for three days and your mind is racing? not good

well, I would get a second opinion, talk to a different psychiatrist

Posted

opinion -

if Luvox made your mind race and you could not sleep

and your doctor did not think that was significant and he told you to keep taking Luvox

you only took it for three days and your mind is racing? not good

well, I would get a second opinion, talk to a different psychiatrist

He eventually told me to drop the Luvox.