Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ovarian cysts?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I've had ovarian cysts for five years up to the size of a softball. They usually hurt during ovulation the most.

For the last few days they. hurt constantly and so does the space between. the ovaries (no clue what's. there lol). It gets. much worse when I urinate. sharp pains and spasms then it hurts for a couple hours.

has anyone wver experienced anything similar? should I go to the doctor? or just assume it's the cysts acting up?

Posted

I am not a doctor and am not meaning to scare you but I think you need to see your doctor. Even in folks with chronic concerns, sudden worsening or change in symptoms is grounds to go back in. Cysts can rupture or do other stuff they shouldn't be doing in there, so it would likely be a good idea to get checked just in case.

Posted

I second the getting checked.  Maybe it could be the cysts, maybe you have a UTI?  Just thought I'd throw that thought out there.  I"m not a DR. though.

Posted

Up to the size of a softball?  I'd want that aspirated!

Seriously, see your doctor - there could also be some medication solutions to help avoid the cysts from forming.

Posted

I have one ovary gone, and when the other ovary started developing cysts they shrunk with me being on low-dose birth control.  Not sure if it would help you, but it really worked with me ... in addition to finally regulating my period.

Posted

Thanks for all the good advice. I went to see a doctor and it was unrelated to my cysts; I have a bladder infection. Never had one like this before.

Posted

I'm glad you got checked and there is something you can take to get rid of it.  For me, I am sometimes *glad* that they found something wrong, so it can be taken care of, vs finding nothing wrong and having to sit with the pain (or whatever).

Posted

WTF?!

How long have you had these for? What do you do for them? Do you take pain meds? Do they just go away on their own? Do they never go away on their own? What did the doctor say to make you think having softball sized cysts inside of you is okay?? Is it okay??

Or you can tell me to stop being so nosy, perfectly okay too.

Also, I'm really sorry you have to deal with this. And the bladder infection- that's shitty too. I hope you feel better and soon. And on a random note, you can get supplements that are concentrated cranberry, and they would probably be excellent for bladder health!