Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Look who still has issues

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

When I was in my professional fuck-up days and faced some pretty serious shit I heard a whole lot of "Mrs. Bluehick" this and "Mrs. Bluechick" that.  Like, "Mrs. Bluechick, how do you plead?" kind of stuff.  It was horrible.  I now have everyone address me by my first name.  Everyone at work.  All my contacts at work.  All our clients.  EVERYONE! 

The professional fuck-up shit is behind me now and I thought I was healing and kind of over it.

So today I got a phone call from and attorney who was responding to a letter I SENT HIM.  He got on the phone and said, "Mrs. Bluechick, this is attorney John Something."  And then there was a long pause which felt like an eternity and he finally said that he was responding to my letter.  Holy shit!  My heart almost pounded through my chest. Did he have to pause so long?  I thought I was in trouble again!  But this time I hadn't done anything!

Looks like I still have some residual issues there.  Oy.

Posted · Report post

Totally understand. I have everyone call me by a a work nickname I made up because it helps keep my work and personal life separate. Might be good to bring up to a tdoc (assuming you have one), about how this made you feel.

There are some cases where I feel like I'm getting in trouble, too. Thankfully, most of the time I haven't done anything wrong. The darn anxiety just kicks in early.

Posted · Report post

Just wait until you get older and they just address you as ma'am.  I wish I was Mrs. so and so.  Just ma'am now.

Posted · Report post

Oh I get ma'am too.  It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Posted · Report post

What about when you are 40, and someone calls you "sweetie."

Posted · Report post

You don't have to be old to get ma'am...  I get ma'am all the time.  I'M NOT EVEN THIRTY YET.  GODDAMN.