Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sertraline (50mg)

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone else on sertraline? I was on Citalopram (40mg) for a year but I become depressed again. I'm now on 50mg of sertraline. I've been taking them for about a month and I still feel like crap :/ They don't seem to be doing anything, just give me diarrhea -_____- Should I be onĀ  a higher dose?

Posted

yes i think me to im was on 50mg 3 week now increased to 100mg after 1 month u should Increase the doseĀ 

Posted

It can take up to 8 weeks for sertraline to start working. I'd give it some more time before asking doc to increase. It can take some time for the side effects to level off too. Maybe you could ask your pharmacist about something to take for diarrhea?

Posted

You haven't given it enough time to work yet, so it is hard to tell if you even need your dosage raised. There is definitely room to go up, but please consult with your pdoc to make sure it is the right decision for you, don't raise it on your own just because someone on the internet tells you you should.

Posted

When I get depressed we add in Zoloft. 50mg used to be enough but last year I had to go to 100 mg to feel better .

Posted

I'm on 200 mgs so i take awile for it to kick in maye it's not the friug for you but, u have to give it a shot.