Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

'Nother Newbie

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, guys. :)

I'm twenty-one, an Army wife, the caretaker of a beautiful longhair tortoiseshell named Nadya, and I write music when there's a lull (or spike) in the crazy. I'd like to have finished my first album by the time I move back home to Texas--we're currently stationed in the Pacific Northwest; talk about a change in the weather!--but right now, I'm primarily focused on my treatment.

I'm here because I've been struggling with manic, depressive, and mixed episodes since I can remember. The first time I had what I would now consider a severe episode, I was twelve. My tdoc would like to enroll me in a group therapy course and I'm fine with that, but I've only just re-entered treatment after a year-and-a-half hiatus following an incorrect diagnosis (that ultimately led to a manic relapse) and I'm still getting my bearings. In the meantime, I think it might be helpful to have a place online to talk out some of this craziness with other people.

Thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to contributing on the boards; this seems like a really lovely community.

--A2

Posted

Welcome! I commend you for surviving in the NW with bipolar - I would die!

Posted

Welcome to CB! I had to Google-image "longhair tortoiseshell" because I was unsure whether you were referring to a freaking reptile or a dog. It's a cat! They're cool! We have four cats. None like that. Well, one has long hair, but she's kinda like a grey tabby or something, I'm really not sure. She looks NOTHING like either of her parents, so whatever. We have three of those and one all dark grey guy. He's pretty annoying. Sorry, I love cats! So does my SO, that's why we have four! We talk about their personalities all the time, probably pretty weird. Oh well.

Good luck with your music! That sounds awesome!

Posted

Welcome! I bet your cat is beautiful, from one cat lover to another pets are great and free therapy. This board i a wealth of information and cool people. So dont be afraid to ask questions or respond to posts, even start a journal.

Posted

Welcome to Crazyboards.

I always ask newcomers to read the User Agreement.  If you are an Army wife, I'm sure you're used to having Rules. :)  Ours are pretty relaxed, but it's a good idea to spend a few minutes and review them.

I'm glad you are getting treatment for your MI, and I hope the group therapy works out.  We have a very active bipolar forum, so I know you will enjoy reading those posts:  feel free to share your own experiences.  However, this site is indexed by Google, so if you don't want your posts to show up on a Google search, you will want to be discrete about what you  publish here.

We also have blogs, which can be public, private, or have a private club readership.  Feel free to start one if you feel bloggy.

olga

Posted

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! :)

Posted

Hi! I like you already, welcome, I'm the same age as you. CB is awesome, I know you'll love it, and you can always talk to me :)

Posted

Thanks, Crazymusician. Yeah, I'm loving the boards so far. Maybe we can talk music sometime?