Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alien.

[Suicidal thoughts]

8 posts in this topic

I can't really talk right now; I can't explain why or how bad I'm feeling. I just want to die. I'm wondering how much Abilify it would take to kill me. We just moved, it's the only thing (tablet-wise, besides fluoxetine) we've got in the house. I was kicked out my mum's house six months ago cos she doesn't approve of my partner (probably cos my partner is trans, and was also depressed/suicidal). So she kicked me out, and I lived in a hostel for ten days before I went to be with my partner. The problem is, that we couldn't live there anymore and had to move out. I have an idea this might be adding to my depression but my depression has been there for many years.

You are going through a lot.  All of that moving would be stressful for someone without depression.  I'm sorry you are feeling so bad.;  I hope you aren't expecting anyone to give you tips with the abilify.  If you want to talk to someone maybe something in this link would help.  You can also come into chat and it might help distract you.

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/46749-if-youre-suicidal-and-want-to-talk-to-someone-now/

I kinda wish they would (give me advice on how to overdose), but I'm not expecting it, no.

I'm in chat right now, but I don't want to butt in...

Do you know if Samaritans are free? I might give them a call.

People with pressing needs *always* take precedence in chat.

Mostly we yammer on about food, music, tattoos, and other not so important things.

If you need support in chat, please know that its always appropriate to say so.

Yes, the Samaritans are free.

Please don't OD. It's not worth it. It's pretty hard to die from one. You're more likely going to wake up in hospital with tubes everywhere, or being induced to vomit, or have your stomach pumped. Then the hospital will likely ship you to the psych ward.

Life can be hard. It can also get better, truly.

As a nurse we get a lot of ODs. *Most* ppl don't die and end up in worse physical shape than they started. Last girl I had who tried to OD had a fecal bag up her behind and all sorts of unpleasant things going on. It ain't no fun.

How are you Alien?

I'm sorry to hear you had to leave home and are feeling so low.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Will Making Yourself Pass Out Cure Anhedonia?
      By MattMVS7
      I struggle with chronic anhedonia and it has lasted for over a year and a half now.  But I have come up with a theory that might get rid of it for me and everyone else who struggles with it right here and now.  I don't know if this will work or not, but with anhedonia, you have a chronically overly active part of the brain (the hpa axis which is the area of the brain responsible for the stress response) while another area of the brain turns off which is the area responsible for feelings of pleasure (our good moods).

If you can make yourself pass out, then that overly active part of the brain might turn off and allow your feelings of pleasure to turn back on.  The brain has to devote all its function to vital organs and such to keep them alive while you are passed out.  So this would have to mean that the overly active part of the brain I mentioned would have to turn off.  So when you wake back up, you might have your full feelings of pleasure back to you and no more anhedonia.

Being aware of stress (both consciously and subconsciously) also causes that stress region of the brain to become overly active as well.  When it is overly active and can't be regulated, that is why the area responsible for pleasure turns off.  So by making yourself pass out in this situation as well, then you would have temporarily gotten rid of all conscious and subconscious awareness of that stress which would turn off the stress response.  Awareness of stressful life events=overly active stress response.  Absence of awareness=no stress response.

So if you can also wake back up having amnesia, then that stress response would also be turned off for the time being and further give your brain the chance to regulate itself and turn its feelings of pleasure back on.  This whole thing is just a theory of mine.  I don't know if it will work or not.  I'm not sure if I should recommend others trying it and reporting back to me to see if it worked for them or not.  If it works for them, then I am going to try it.

I also thought of being put out by anesthesia which would of been a better alternative to passing out since anesthesia puts you out longer.  But since I don't have that option, then making myself pass out would be the only option here.  There is a way to do it.  I heard that you have to hyperventilate and stand up.
    • Welbutrin is making me feel high and drowsy
      By Maddie
      I was just prescribed Welbutrin for depression and ADHD. I am only 17 years old and am already showing signs of having an addictive personality. I had illegally been buying adderal pills off friends at school to help motivate me to do homework and get good grades. It worked. I had been making AMAZING grades, and not only that, but I felt like a happy person due to its euphoric side effect of amphetimine as well. At first, I would only take 10 mg every once in awhile like if I had a test or just a lot homework I needed to get done. Then it turned into taking 10mg everyday, slowly turning into taking 20mg, and sometimes I would take 20mg twice or three times in one day. I couldn't handle coming down off it, so I would just take more. Once I realized how out of control I had became, I told my parents. They weren't nearly as mad as j thought they would be. They just wanted to get me help. We went to the nurse practitioner I had been seeing for anxiety for the past few years. I was taking 100mg of Zoloft. I never have any energy of motivation to do anything and that's why I feel in love with the adderal. It gave me the confidence I needed socially and the extra boost of energy. My nurse practitioner prescribed me welbutrin. I've only taken it for 2 days now, but both today and yesterday it made me feel stoned and drunk. I don't even feel human and I just miss having the adderal high, this med is only making me tired and hungry, it's not motivating me to do anything. It's a Friday night and all I've been doing is laying in bed reading about Welbutrin and what it does to people. My throat feels swollen, I'm more emotional than I've ever been (I cry about everything), I'm tired, I feel disconnected from my body (almost like I just smoked a bowl of weed to myself), I wanna eat everything, my mouth is dry, and my anxiety has never been this bad. My doctor went ahead and took me off Zoloft, too. I really want this med to work for me. I don't want to take adderal illegally anymore, I don't wanna be addicted to it, but my depression is the worst it's ever been. My ears won't stop ringing either? Has anyone else felt this way? I hope these side effects will subside and I'll start to feel like a happy, normal person again. 
      Thanks 
      maddie 
    • breastfeeding hormones and depression/anxiety
      By the.miss.j
      i'm looking for *any* insight into this:  i had to completely wean my daughter on 12/17/15 due to a new med that was completely contraindicated with breastfeeding.  last week at the appointment with my therapist, she asks me what my (depression and anxiety) levels are at; i thought about it for a moment, and i said "zero."  now, this is virtually unheard of for me; i'm DXed major depressive disorder (recurrent, severe), GAD, dysthymia; the only other time something like this happened was a hypomanic phase that lasted 6 months post-partum.  i've read the potential side effects of atorvastatin (the new med), and i've seen nothing like "elevated mood" listed.  is it possible that the hormone change from weaning is affecting my mood???  everything i've googled points to women becoming depressed after weaning, and here i am, feeling...normal.  like what i think a undepressed, unanxious person must feel like.  i am at a lose as to why this is happening, and almost waiting for it to end like the hypomanic phase did (man, that sucked), since i've been depressed/anxious/dysthymic well before getting pregnant/breastfeeding.  the dysthymia is there, but manageable.  
    • Hypomania/depression or just depression?
      By an-teallach
      Interested in thoughts about my situation. I'm currently depressed - no question. Can't concentrate, can't stay awake, kind of hate the world and myself especially. This is coming after a couple of years of generally ok feelings when I thought I had the whole depression thing sorted, which followed a few years which were bad.
      During the first phase, one physchiatrist put me on Lamictal on the basis I might have mild hypomania. I'm not really sure the Lamictal did anything, and in any case a subsequent pshychiatrist simply said I was a bit 'narcissistic' (which itself made me depressed to hell for a few weeks!) and it was just 'situational depression' because I wasn't dealing with stuff in my life well. For the last few years, I pretty much agreed. He took me off the Lamictal.
      But my mood fluctuates a lot, particularly lately, and for the last 4 months it's gone down the toilet again. When I'm feeling great, I think I can do anything and that I'm the best qualified person in the world to ... run the country, write a best-selling novel, write best-selling music, cure everyone, mediate anything, generally be the nicest person anybody has ever met. When I'm feeling crap, like now, just the need to answer an email or pick up the phone seems like an impossible burden. Concentrating on work (which I should be doing right now) has also become a huge problem - which given I'm self-employed, isn't exactly great. Right now I have deadlines all over the place, and work isn't getting done.
      I'm just wondering again if I might have some form of hypomania cycling with depression after all, and I've heard SSRIs can make that worse. At the moment I take a mixture of Zoloft and Wellbutrin. I can see that a lot of my symptoms are only probably on the edge of qualifiying as hypomania.
      pressured speech - no inflated self-esteem or grandiosity - yes decreased need for sleep - a bit at most flight of ideas - yes easily distracted - yes yes yes increase in psychomotor agitation - well if this means fidgeting, foot-twitching, knee-wobbling, hand-waving, I do that all the time, depressed, hypomanic, or otherwise involvement in 'dangerous' pleasurable things eg overspending, etc. No. I don't know. Appreciate thoughts. I'm just sick to the back teeth of being back in this situation again and don't feel like anything ever gives a proper solution.
    • Still post-partum depression?
      By HowlingWolf
      I've posted about this before, but it has been quite a while, and I am seeking some support/someone who may be able to relate. I have a one and a half year old son, who I do not feel at all bonded to. I did not feel bonded from the start. I do care a lot about his well-being, but it ends there. I have him in daycare part-time for a break since everyone I know lives very far away. I have lost most of my friends, because they either don't want him around, or because I am unable to do things they want to do anymore. I am a student in my last semester, and I feel so out of place. Other people my age are still in the party phase, and I often hear negative talk about kids which makes me feel terrible. Professors look at me strangely when/if they find out. I feel like I am surrounded by people who make it out to be a negative thing and it has rubbed off on me. Most of the internships make you stay in intern housing sites/dorm housing which I cannot do with a toddler and my husband. Again, this makes me feel so awkward, and doesn't help. 
      The few times I have seen my family they have picked up on me being emotionally absent to him. While I care for his needs just fine (and some days I try to do as little as possible and have my husband take over so I can have some more relief), and people tell me all the time what a sweet and happy boy he is, I cannot help but worry about being emotionally absent. Obviously, I care enough for this to bother me. I grew up being spoiled rotten, and having a very close relationship with my grandparents. I was the center of attention for a long time. I don't think this is an attention issue, but I really don't think I am out of the phase where I still want to do whatever I want without being tied down. Maybe? I want him to have a childhood like I did before I reached my horrendous teenage years, but I am not capable of that, and I feel so guilty. I don't want to spend time with him, and play with him. I am often annoyed by him. I don't know what is normal to feel about babies and what isn't. Everyone is all goo goo ga ga over their kids, and I just stress over him whether it is I want a break or if he has had enough to eat. I also wonder if I only care about his well being out of obligation to him...