Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alien.

[Suicidal thoughts]

8 posts in this topic

I can't really talk right now; I can't explain why or how bad I'm feeling. I just want to die. I'm wondering how much Abilify it would take to kill me. We just moved, it's the only thing (tablet-wise, besides fluoxetine) we've got in the house. I was kicked out my mum's house six months ago cos she doesn't approve of my partner (probably cos my partner is trans, and was also depressed/suicidal). So she kicked me out, and I lived in a hostel for ten days before I went to be with my partner. The problem is, that we couldn't live there anymore and had to move out. I have an idea this might be adding to my depression but my depression has been there for many years.

You are going through a lot.  All of that moving would be stressful for someone without depression.  I'm sorry you are feeling so bad.;  I hope you aren't expecting anyone to give you tips with the abilify.  If you want to talk to someone maybe something in this link would help.  You can also come into chat and it might help distract you.

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/46749-if-youre-suicidal-and-want-to-talk-to-someone-now/

I kinda wish they would (give me advice on how to overdose), but I'm not expecting it, no.

I'm in chat right now, but I don't want to butt in...

Do you know if Samaritans are free? I might give them a call.

People with pressing needs *always* take precedence in chat.

Mostly we yammer on about food, music, tattoos, and other not so important things.

If you need support in chat, please know that its always appropriate to say so.

Yes, the Samaritans are free.

Please don't OD. It's not worth it. It's pretty hard to die from one. You're more likely going to wake up in hospital with tubes everywhere, or being induced to vomit, or have your stomach pumped. Then the hospital will likely ship you to the psych ward.

Life can be hard. It can also get better, truly.

As a nurse we get a lot of ODs. *Most* ppl don't die and end up in worse physical shape than they started. Last girl I had who tried to OD had a fecal bag up her behind and all sorts of unpleasant things going on. It ain't no fun.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By MooMeMa
      I hope this is the right section...sorry...I never make posts lol. 

So I applied for McDonalds a few hours ago and got a call like 30 minutes ago about an interview. I was panicking so hard my chest hurt and I couldn't think straight. I fucked up by agreeing to one for tomorrow instead of trying to haggle for tuesday. I was freaking out so I just agreed with what ever. I have no way to get there besides my Mom or brother driving me. So unforuntately I have to settle for my brother...and I really don't want him to drive me....Agh. I'm scared to walk in and tell someone I have an interview. I know it's just mcdonalds but I've never had a job due to my mental issues. 

So what I'm basically asking for is any tips or maybe experiences from people here who have been interviewed there. I know it's a fast paced evironment with a lot of small tasks to do and frankly I think I'd be terrible at it but I was desperate.  
    • By MuddlingThru
      Short story - MDD d/x'd 3 years ago with EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified - i.e. I restrict, but I'm not thin, I used to purge, but not too much). I also self-harm and have situational anxiety and chronic insomnia. Current meds: 50 mg Pristiq, 450 mg Wellbutrin XR, 2 mg Klonopin (1 at 5:30p, 1 at 8:30p, occasionally 1 as needed), and 10mg Ambien. I've been on the klonopin/ambien combo for a long time and it works pretty well for my sleep. I've been through most of the SSRIs with limited success or horrible side effects, only to find out via a recent GeneSight test that I don't have the whatever/enzymes to process SSRIs (and SNRIs) correctly. Only Pristiq and Fetzima are in the "green column" for me.  Meds I've tried - Celexa (worked for a while and then nada), Lexapro (similar), Zoloft (horrible reactions), Paxil (little effect), Brintellix (not enough and bad side effects), Wellbutrin solo (worked for awhile, but then became not enough), Abilify (gained 20 lbs in one month with little effect), Risperadol (no impact), and I'm sure other combos I can't think of. 
      We went up to 100mg of Pristiq but I felt like I was in a fugue and would lose all sense of time, so we backed it down. I'd like to go up to 600 on my Wellbutrin as it works well for me but my pdoc won't even though I've been purge-free for 13 months. My eating disorder is ok - my weight is stabilized and I'm not restricting or binging. I'm in therapy regularly and see my nutritionist every other week. But I am exhausted all of the time. It is difficult for me to get out of bed, it's impossible for me to do anything. I have no memory, and it is a struggle for me to think, let alone work (I'm a professor). With the Vyvanse, I'm sometimes able to get out of bed. I can feel my brain "knit" together and kick on, and even have started writing again. I still can't bring myself to get things done or to exercise or even get outside unless I must. 
      The problem with the Vyvanse is that it wears off pretty quickly for me. If I take a dose at 6:30a, by 11:30p I'm scattered, can't think straight, and feel lost. I take a second dose at noon but it barely holds me to 4. Then my brain is gone. I am still exhausted, and then I can't really think at all in the late afternoon/evening. I'm completely distracted.
      I have a call with my pdoc this week and I'm considering asking her to switch the vyvanse to adderall because it has an XR, and the up and down with vyvanse is shitty. I'm really reluctant to switch from the Pristiq since the worst of my depressive symptoms (hopelessness, sadness, flatness, isolation) are better. I like that the vyvanse cuts the cravings so I don't turn to sugar to try to help with the lack of energy because that worsens my ED. I can't take anything that will cause weight gain, or anything that increases appetite. I'm on a meal plan, I'm not losing weight, but I can't take aggravating my ED on top of the shit I'm dealing with.
      Does Adderall XL last longer for depression-related ADD symptoms? Does it cause jitters or increased hunger? Anyone use it as an add-on to antidepressants? 
    • By Aniket
      Hi I am new here. I am 27 years old, and for the past 2 months have been experiencing the following symptoms. I have been to several psychiatrists and psychologists, who have told me that I am not experiencing anything remotely close to psychosis. A few have told me that my symptoms are the result of chronic sleep deprivation (I have had a poor sleep pattern for the past 7 months).

1)  Extreme detachment from people and my surroundings- I feel very detached from my surroundings and people, almost as if they are not real, or as if I am far away. Everything feels "strange" and a bit "off". I know this is some kind of a dissociation I am experiencing, but it causes me a lot of worry.
      2) Extreme detachment from my own actions- I almost feel like an automaton, and as if I am on autopilot. I do things essentially unthinkingly. 
      3) Fear of random noises and objects- I can get scared by any noise or any object, partly because of my detachment from my surroundings, and then I get scared thinking it might be a delusion. 
      4) Having random thoughts come into my mind at all days- these aren't really voices but simply random words or streams of thoughts that come in my mind- and I wonder why I am thinking them- when I realise that I am thinking them i stop them. It's hard to explain. It's almost as if my mind is distracted and bringing up random things. This happens during the day, but most prominently during sleep, and both before and after falling asleep. For some reason, I feel confident that I am thinking these things (out of control as they are) because they are exactly the sort of things I'd think, and I can stop them at will. When I think these things during my sleep- they sound like nonsensical gibberish. The kind of things are mundane things or thoughts. 
      5) Lack of motivation to do anything
      6) A conviction that I am going insane- that I am losing control of my mind

Now here is a list of things that make me think it might NOT be psychosis-
      Things  that make me think I might not have schizophrenia
      1) My worry about schizophrenia preceded the onset of these symptoms- I obsessively googled and starting relating symptoms
      2) No genetic history in family
      3) My worry about these symptoms is far greater than symptoms itself
      4) Everyday I seem to be worried or fearful of new things- Nothing really sticks
      5) The doctors and psychiatrists I have met seem certain that it's not schizophrenia
      6) I carry my activities as well as I used to earlier
      7) I talk to people, and unlike schizophrenia I actually yearn for social interaction
      8) I have been a hypochondriac all my life and in the past obsessed about diseases that didn't exist
      9) There were a lot of stress factors in my life prior to this- breakup, worry about exams, worry about being ill etc
      10)I seem to be in touch with reality, and more upset about these symptoms, rather than going through these symptoms unknowingly. It's almost as if I dissect these symptoms.
      11) I have been suffering from sleep problems for the past 5 months- I basically wake up after few hours. Psych things this is the cause of these symptoms.
      12) When I talk to someone or am involved in an activity- every symptom or worry about it, disappears. The worry really leads to more symptoms.
      What do you think?
    • By Aniket
      Hi I am new here. I am 27 years old, and for the past 2 months have been experiencing the following symptoms. I have been to several psychiatrists and psychologists, who have told me that I am not experiencing anything remotely close to psychosis. A few have told me that my symptoms are the result of chronic sleep deprivation (I have had a poor sleep pattern for the past 7 months).

1)  Extreme detachment from people and my surroundings- I feel very detached from my surroundings and people, almost as if they are not real, or as if I am far away. Everything feels "strange" and a bit "off". I know this is some kind of a dissociation I am experiencing, but it causes me a lot of worry.
      2) Extreme detachment from my own actions- I almost feel like an automaton, and as if I am on autopilot. I do things essentially unthinkingly. 
      3) Fear of random noises and objects- I can get scared by any noise or any object, partly because of my detachment from my surroundings, and then I get scared thinking it might be a delusion. 
      4) Having random thoughts come into my mind at all days- these aren't really voices but simply random words or streams of thoughts that come in my mind- and I wonder why I am thinking them- when I realise that I am thinking them i stop them. It's hard to explain. It's almost as if my mind is distracted and bringing up random things. This happens during the day, but most prominently during sleep, and both before and after falling asleep. For some reason, I feel confident that I am thinking these things (out of control as they are) because they are exactly the sort of things I'd think, and I can stop them at will. When I think these things during my sleep- they sound like nonsensical gibberish. The kind of things are mundane things or thoughts. 

1) My worry about schizophrenia preceded the onset of these symptoms- I obsessively googled and starting relating symptoms
      4) Everyday I seem to be worried or fearful of new things- Nothing really sticks
      5) The doctors and psychiatrists I have met seem certain that it's not schizophrenia
      7) I talk to people, and unlike schizophrenia I actually yearn for social interaction
      8) I have been a hypochondriac all my life and in the past obsessed about diseases that didn't exist
      9) There were a lot of stress factors in my life prior to this- breakup, worry about exams, worry about being ill etc
      10)I seem to be in touch with reality, and more upset about these symptoms, rather than going through these symptoms unknowingly. It's almost as if I dissect these symptoms.
      11) I have been suffering from sleep problems for the past 5 months- I basically wake up after few hours. Psych things this is the cause of these symptoms.
      12) When I talk to someone or am involved in an activity- every symptom or worry about it, disappears. The worry really leads to more symptoms.
      What do you think?
    • By Aniket

What do you think?