Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alien.

[Suicidal thoughts]

8 posts in this topic

I can't really talk right now; I can't explain why or how bad I'm feeling. I just want to die. I'm wondering how much Abilify it would take to kill me. We just moved, it's the only thing (tablet-wise, besides fluoxetine) we've got in the house. I was kicked out my mum's house six months ago cos she doesn't approve of my partner (probably cos my partner is trans, and was also depressed/suicidal). So she kicked me out, and I lived in a hostel for ten days before I went to be with my partner. The problem is, that we couldn't live there anymore and had to move out. I have an idea this might be adding to my depression but my depression has been there for many years.

You are going through a lot.  All of that moving would be stressful for someone without depression.  I'm sorry you are feeling so bad.;  I hope you aren't expecting anyone to give you tips with the abilify.  If you want to talk to someone maybe something in this link would help.  You can also come into chat and it might help distract you.

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/46749-if-youre-suicidal-and-want-to-talk-to-someone-now/

I kinda wish they would (give me advice on how to overdose), but I'm not expecting it, no.

I'm in chat right now, but I don't want to butt in...

Do you know if Samaritans are free? I might give them a call.

People with pressing needs *always* take precedence in chat.

Mostly we yammer on about food, music, tattoos, and other not so important things.

If you need support in chat, please know that its always appropriate to say so.

Yes, the Samaritans are free.

Please don't OD. It's not worth it. It's pretty hard to die from one. You're more likely going to wake up in hospital with tubes everywhere, or being induced to vomit, or have your stomach pumped. Then the hospital will likely ship you to the psych ward.

Life can be hard. It can also get better, truly.

As a nurse we get a lot of ODs. *Most* ppl don't die and end up in worse physical shape than they started. Last girl I had who tried to OD had a fecal bag up her behind and all sorts of unpleasant things going on. It ain't no fun.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By KnickNak
      I know depression can give you symptoms , but have any of you gotten ill. I have been trying to adjust my meds these last month or two to see if it can help my moods or overall health. 
      I have major stomach issues , I can't eat anything without getting sick or very nauseous. And have terrible bowel problems.( sorry TMI)
      Sometimes if I do cry it helps my stomach a little bit. Not sure why. It feels like I have a rope tied around my abdomen.  
      I can't even eat chocolate anymore without getting sick. Not sure if this is a side effect? It's odd. I use to eat a bag of M&Ms like every night and was fine... and I'm talking a sharing size bag not a small bag. 
      Anyway, the only thing that makes me have to eat is because I feel spacey and faint and that's one of my fears ( to faint )  , so I eat pancakes and muffins/ rice because it's solid and safe. 

• By Owenms
      I'm new to the forums and thought it would be useful to introduce myself. I'm not really comfortable talking about myself and it's pretty obvious because my heart is racing just writing this. But I've been having a lot of issues lately so I'm hoping I can find some help by talking more with you guys. 
    • By Ochmom
      My husband and I have been married for many years.  Over the years, he has gotten upset at me for various reasons, many justified and others....our level of arguing increased about 8 years ago.  I do not do well with conflict.  I grew up on a family where you said sorry and moved on.  I avoid conflict and lie at times to avoid it.  Many times, He will recognize my anxiety and call me out.  Instead of stating the tough facts and bringing uneasy feelings and thoughts to light, I will provide half truths hoping he will let it go.  Pretty much, anytime this happens, he know it and is upset with me.  I finally come clean with it all.  Many times, my husband has shut down and not talked to me for days and I didn’t know exactly what was wrong.   I have become so afraid to bring up anything that I see could cause a disagreement or him to think something horrible of me. So, I lie to myself and hope it blows over and I don’t have to tell him my deepest feelings.  Am I crazy?  Oh, and I am terrified he will leave me as he has threatened so many times over the years.  I fear he will say he has had enough of my anxiety and lies....I don’t know what to do.
    • By Ochmom
      I have been on Wellbutrin SR twice a day for at least 6 months.  The other day, I forgot to take my morning dose until about 5pm.  I think I then took my evening dose at 9pm that night.  The next day, I forgot to take it again until about noon.  Although my anxiety was warranted, to some extent, it was WAY higher than it normally is even when I fear a conflict is going to happen.  Could my Missed doses have anything to do with this increased anxiety?
    • By 3xEmonkey
      I'm not a expert. I only barely understand what's going on with me. Two concerning things have happened recently, and I'd like some input and info on how to handle this.
      1) My 20 yo nephew went through a bad break up. First love, first heartbreak, that kind of bad. I feel like I was the only one who took him seriously. I guess I'm the only person in the family who remembers being 21 and crying til' ya' vomit. He tried to cut himself, but he's just not that guy. I talked to him for hours. I called him a couple of times every day. And every time he said he was depressed, I rolled my eyes and corrected him- he's dealing with grief. His was a temporary situation created by a traumatic change. His went away in 8 days. He was still sad, but healing. As hearts do. Now he's much better.
      2) My best friend's 12 yo daughter has labeled herself depressed. My friend "Jane" monitors the google hangout "Anne" has with her friends. Anne and company have recently begun discussions regarding depression, ADHD, pansexuality, bisexuality, and identifying as agender and/or transgender. Anne calls herself pansexual, agender, and depressed. She's 12. I'm not trying to discredit her. She might identify as pansexual and agender. I don't think she really does, but I'm not entrenched in her personal life, and I wouldn't know how to immediately recognize those traits in a person. I do, however, firmly believe she does not have depression. Jane thinks she's 12 and freaking the fuck out like girls do. This kid isn't depressed. And not, you know, in the way that adults just ignore teen complaints. Not in the way people shrug things off. Jane and I are very good friends, and being able to live with, deal with, and identify mental illness symptoms plays a role in it. We're pretty sure these girls are just reaching for labels to find any way to identify with big concepts. They don't have sex lives. Their bodies and minds are trying to pick a direction. It seems like Anne is picking a destination, and probably for something a little less than attention but almost. 
      So how do you talk to people, especially teens, about these things? My nephew will never learn. He will cling to depression like it is his favorite shirt. Some people are fine with being corrected about using depressed. (No, I don't correct everyone. Just the obviously nots.) How do you explain to a child that depression is a very serious condition, and that idly picking it like a lipstick color, trivializes it? Or how adopting LGBTQ labels from an already struggling community minimizes their very real concerns? She's 12 and desperate for an identity she can show her friends. I'm scared that explaining depression symptoms would only give her something to embrace, some new ways to behave to drive the point home. Jane and I don't want this girl to act it out only to become it. How can we talk to her about depression in other people?