Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alien.

[Suicidal thoughts]

8 posts in this topic

I can't really talk right now; I can't explain why or how bad I'm feeling. I just want to die. I'm wondering how much Abilify it would take to kill me. We just moved, it's the only thing (tablet-wise, besides fluoxetine) we've got in the house. I was kicked out my mum's house six months ago cos she doesn't approve of my partner (probably cos my partner is trans, and was also depressed/suicidal). So she kicked me out, and I lived in a hostel for ten days before I went to be with my partner. The problem is, that we couldn't live there anymore and had to move out. I have an idea this might be adding to my depression but my depression has been there for many years.

You are going through a lot.  All of that moving would be stressful for someone without depression.  I'm sorry you are feeling so bad.;  I hope you aren't expecting anyone to give you tips with the abilify.  If you want to talk to someone maybe something in this link would help.  You can also come into chat and it might help distract you.

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/46749-if-youre-suicidal-and-want-to-talk-to-someone-now/

I kinda wish they would (give me advice on how to overdose), but I'm not expecting it, no.

I'm in chat right now, but I don't want to butt in...

Do you know if Samaritans are free? I might give them a call.

People with pressing needs *always* take precedence in chat.

Mostly we yammer on about food, music, tattoos, and other not so important things.

If you need support in chat, please know that its always appropriate to say so.

Yes, the Samaritans are free.

Please don't OD. It's not worth it. It's pretty hard to die from one. You're more likely going to wake up in hospital with tubes everywhere, or being induced to vomit, or have your stomach pumped. Then the hospital will likely ship you to the psych ward.

Life can be hard. It can also get better, truly.

As a nurse we get a lot of ODs. *Most* ppl don't die and end up in worse physical shape than they started. Last girl I had who tried to OD had a fecal bag up her behind and all sorts of unpleasant things going on. It ain't no fun.

How are you Alien?

I'm sorry to hear you had to leave home and are feeling so low.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• How Deep TMS Saved Me...For Two Weeks *Trigger Warning*
      By LiamB
      So, you may have read my post about Deep TMS and how it saved my life. Unfortunately, my feelings were short lived. My last treatment was Wednesday 4\27\2016. As soon as I tapered down to one treatment a week, I was sent into a depressive fog. I became suicidial, depressed, isolative, and started to self injure. My treatment team is very aware and I live in a boarding home so I am pretty safe. 
      I am on suicidial checks and also just hang out in the community. I, still am on the end of my rope. 
      So, next step: ECT. I hope it works.
      Peace.
    • Lithium carbonate withdrawal Seroquel
      By Inkedupmonster
      Okay this is my first forum posts. So please bear with me. 

For or the last several years I have been on lithium 900mg and 1100mg broken in three doses. 
      I recently lost my insurance which covered the cost to be on there. 

I've been withdrawaling for the last week and 2 day. (9 days total). I get the worst cold chills and feel super depressed and hopping not to spiral out of control when the maniac kicks in. 

So my question is as follows... 

Has as anyone else deal with this and how long did it last?? 
    • Stuck.
      By ladyboss
      i've had one too many jobs. I'm aware I'm beginning to wear myself down of places I can work here. What's worse is I don't have my drivers license, or even remotely have a clue HOW to drive.
      Every time I lose a job, I immediately hunt for another one. I'm beginning to think I may as well have a damn felon record (no offense to anyone who does) because I feel like with how many jobs I've quit, employers are gonna look at me twice.
      I'm a very honest and hard working person, but no one wants to give me the benfit of the doubt. My disability finally has been approived, but I'm also by no means ready to live on my own. I can't. I have to have someone with me. I lost my best friend, and my boyfriend lives in universit housing. Although they are apartments, but I can't be on the lease and I technically can't move in. But they won't care. The only other issue is my parents don't know we're together.

I'm just tired of feeling like I dug myself a hole I cant escape from...  its really depressesing me.

• Abilify (aripiprazole) causing Depression & Suicidal Ideation?
      By RedMeeko
      Hello,
      I have diagnosed residual psychotic disorder - substance induced subtype, generalised anxiety disorder and social phobia. I'm 24 years old, female.
      I'm taking currently 100mg of Sertraline (Zoloft), 75mg x 3 Pregabilin (Lyrica), and 10mg of Ability a day. I was on Seroquel (Quetiapine) before, but due to side-effects I switched to Abilify. I've been on Abilify for roughly about 5 weeks now, having increased from 5mg to 10mg after 2 weeks in.
      Within a week of increasing my dose to 10mg, I've become really depressed. The pain is just unbearable throughout the day, until the evening when it becomes cope-able. Until the next morning where the cycle restarts all over again. I'm finding it really tough. I've tried many things, the general advice given for depression, but nothing really improves it significantly enough to give me any kind of relief whatsoever.
      Its been like this for roughly about 3 weeks now. Has anyone else had this experience with Abilify, and was it something that went away with time (and how long did you have to stomach it out for?), or was it there to stay? And how old were you when you started?
      Any input whatsoever would be extremely helpful.

Many thanks,
      RedMeeko

• Fisher-Wallace Stimulator
      By Rachel48
      I just wanted to add my experience with the Fisher-Wallace Stimulator.  Here is what it says on their website: 
      "The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® is cleared by the FDA for the treatment of depression and anxiety. During each 20-minute treatment session (once or twice a day), the device stimulates the brain to produce serotonin and other neurochemicals required for healthy mood, without causing the side effects of medication. Patients may use the device with or without medication, but should not reduce their current medication without first speaking to their doctor."
      Damn straight patients should not reduce their medication.  I have moderate-severe depression and anxiety.  I experienced nothing from this device after using it faithfully for six weeks, 20 minutes, twice a day. 
      And do you know what they want to charge you?  $699.00 . . . I decided to rent it for the sum of $200.00 - boy was that money better spent on meds or therapy!
      I was SUPER excited about this device and read every study, watched every video with psychiatrists recommending it, and every patient stating how much it helped them.  I can't tell you how shocked I was at the total lack of results.  And they use this with Veterans who have PTSD?  The results are placebo effect at best - at worst I hope this device is not being used in place of medications because it's a waste of time.
      In conclusion, I give it a five sad-face rating.