CrazyBoards.org

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Cyclingsarah
      Hi guys,
      Been on Zoloft for over a year. Just increased from 75 mg to 100 mg 8 days ago. My anxiety is through the roof. First 5 days after the increase was fine. No problem, then the anxiety skyrocket. 
      Is this normal?
    • By icygrave
      Hi everyone So here's a little background: I have been taking Klonopin daily for 4+ years now. The dosage at first was 1mg a day,  increased to 2mg a day, then 3mg a day, back down to 2mg. I was on 2mg a day for the majority of the time using Klonopin. At the beginning of 2018, I discussed with my psych that I want to VERY slowly taper off Klonopin completely, since I feel my anxiety and panic are not as bad as they were, especially with being on Prozac. He agreed, so we tapered very slowly. I would make 25% to 33% reductions every visit. So far I have made it down to 0.75mg a day. That's huge for me! My anxiety is still close to nonexistent, but I do worry about one thing. When I do eventually get off Klonopin completely, will my anxiety and panic come back even though I have been having mild symptoms from tapering that do, eventually go away? Looking for answers from people who have gotten off benzo daily use and successfully remained (mostly) anxiety-free. Thank you very much.
    • By RisingRayne
      I wish I had never been placed on it adjunctively for depression/anxiety. I was first embarrassed because it is classified as an antipsychotic. I was on the lowest dose for a few months. I gain about 15 pounds. I haven't been able to return to my pre-abilify weight. So frustrating.
    • By trystyn_vex
      Hey all,

As the title states, I am new here. I am 28 years old, and My girlfriend who I have recently moved in with recommended I give this board a go, as I am notoriously closed off when it comes to my feelings, etc when it comes to this sort of thing.
      For most of my life, I was not a worrier. I remember my anxiety really started to surface my 2nd or 3rd year in college. To be totally honest, I spent many many years just drowning it out with whatever I could get my hands on. Mostly Marijuana, as I was never a big drinker ( havent had a drink in 8-9 years to this point). When I was younger, I have a bad car accident that fractured 4 of my vertebrae and was on painkillers for nearly 6 years before I couldn't take living prescription tp prescription and took myself out of pain management and looked for some different natural alternatives (currently Kratom manages my pain well enough).
      For some reason, as of late, as ion the last year or so, my anxiety has gotten worse to the point where it is getting nearly uncontrollable, which it has not been to this point. I should mention that I was raised in a VERY, VERY conservative, old, southern household where "talking" about how you felt or feeling depressed/anxious was viewed as "nonsense", or a "weakness" so it was always extremely difficult, if not impossible to talk about that sort of thing if I was able to talk about it at all. In most cases, I simply just had to bury it and move on with my life and "just deal with it" as I was told by my parents, etc. I think it just gotten to the point where SO much anxiety had been allowed to fester and its just boiling over, no more room to bury more, as it were.
      I have never had what I would describe as a "panic attack" in my first almost 25 years of my life. I had anxiety, sure but nothing really major in my estimation. Over the last few years, starting about 2 years back, I have started having what I THINK are panic attacks. I should go to the Dr. but as I mentioned, my upbringing has made it very difficult to convince myself that was something that I needed. Thankfully, my GF has convinced me to make an appointment to talk to a professional, but I have to wait almost 2 months to get in to see the person so was just looking for some tips in the meanwhile.
      Most recently , I have been having awful bouts of thinking my slightest aches and pains are the worst case scenario. I have a sore throat or feel like I have a lump in my throat? My god, I have throat cancer/lymphoma. I was worrying so much every day that I developed some pretty rough chest pains, which OF COURSE I very intelligently self-diagnosed as a heart attack one night and had a FULL BLOWN panic attack, couldn't sit still, nausea, hard of breathing, hot and cold flashes, the works. And today in particular, I have just felt completely unmotivated and just in the dumps when I shouldn't be. I'm moving in with my GF full time next week, starting a new career, just graduated school, this SHOULD be an awesome time for me, but its the polar opposite and its just miserable. Things I would normally love to do don't interest me in the slightest (I just got a Nintendo Switch and its AWESOME when im in a good space) no matter how much i try on SOME days.
      If anyone out there has had any similar symptoms, similar anxiety issues, is there anything that works for you at home that helps you calm down, keep things in perspective? I'm just looking for some tips to sort of tide me over until i see the Dr. Actually dealing with this is an ENTIRELY new territory for me, as is voicing how i feel whatsoever. Just looking for some advice/tips from folks who may have some more experience dealing with this sort of thing as compared to me.
      Sorry for the really long post/long read and thanks for reading. Hope everyone has a great day/night and thanks.

Trystyn
    • By HaloGirl66PartDeux
      Hello again friends. It has been a few years. I was HaloGirl66. Or IndyMode. I can't remember. But I re-registered because I couldn't recover my old user info. 
      I've had severe insomnia, ADHD, GAD & Migraines for years and am now going through a bipolar diagnosis.
      So hello again.
      -Mandy