Parapluie

Anyone on the schizophrenia spectrum want to share?

6282 posts in this topic

Just like the thread in Bipolar-land, this is an open topic, where people on the schizophrenia spectrum can share anything. As well, this can be a thread to just "check-in" with each other.

Some ideas -

How have you been lately?

Anything exciting going on in your life that you'd like to share?

Anything crappy going on in your life that you'd like to share?

Feeling unstable?

Or, maybe you're feeling great! 

Let us know. :)

Edited by Parapluie

Thanks for starting this thread.  I'm doing okay.Just trying to not get overwhelmed with life issues.  If I freeze/avoid nothing gets done and I go into a pit. So far I've been keeping busy and trying to just deal with the present, not worry about the past.

2 people like this

I have been feeling really apathetic and unmotivated for a long while. At least a month and a bit. I'm having trouble studying. I have two exams in the next 5 days and I'm pretty worried about them. I think I'll be okay though, cause I have been able to get myself to study a little. 

Confused, I do the same thing. I freeze/avoid and then feel guilty and crappy afterward. 

Feeling really good overall.  I am exhausted with school, but on Monday I'll be done for the semester.  I am so thankful that I haven't been psychotic in such a long time or depressed.

I'm doing much better than I've done in a long time. I struggle with ups and downs but I take it as it comes. I still see people following me and I feel like my thoughts are exposed. I'm still a bit uneasy about some things. My therapist said that I'm relatively stable and my pdoc says everything I told him is just part of my schizoaffective disorder.

I'm fear that I'm just living in a bubble. All I do is go to my day program and undergo very little stress. I fear once I encounter stressful situations again that my stability will topple. I'm trying not to think about that.

I think I am doing really well, I have made a lot of progress but at the same time progress feels worse at times because I can see whats wrong in my life a little more easily than I could when I was psychotic. I'm much more sensitive now. I dont like the thought of being on disability and I dont like that I dont have a life, I feel really pathetic. Was having a conversion with tdoc too about insight and how having insight often leads to depression, that has been on my mind a lot. Over all im really feeling more stable though. My thinking is just about all come together now which is good. It took about six months to get to this point and I am really hoping that I keep it up. I dont want symptoms coming back at all but this stability is uncharted for me so its new and I'm skeptical.

Like dancing teapot, I'm afraid of stress. I'm the most sheltered I have been in a long time, maybe ever, so I'm scared of stepping out of that and deteriorating but I have to step out of it because I have no life. Going to iop everyday I guess I had some thought disorder and paranoia that has been better since I left. I feel pretty ok but I dont want to be ok just because im in a "bubble" too, pdoc says the bubble, the isolation, will not be good for me. Its a catch 22

Edited by kitkatt91

I had a really busy day yesterday and I am just catching up on resting enough to get through the day today.  2 DR appts, KMart (which took forever), bank, P.O. to mail packages, toy store, and then another store, where my mom finally found what she was looking for. 

Long-ass day, from about 9:20 AM until a little after 2 PM.  I didn't even unpack anything I bought.  Just checked on email and tried to post here, but got too tired an fell asleep for 4 hours straight through.  Then I was awake for an hour, and fell back to sleep for another 4 hours.  I never sleep that well. 

And thank goodness I put the phone in the other room so I couldn't hear it because I got ANOTHER call to have my home power-washed, even though I live in a condo building and don't own my home!

I'm not sure where I'm at concerning my sz. 

My Pdoc has accused me of having a bizarre delusion because I have been moving furniture all over the house looking for a device that changes my thoughts.  He just can't believe that DHS would be interested in me...even though i am a veteran.  They have targeted veterans for years.

I don't want to change meds and he doesn't want to increase my dosage.  He just said that if it gets worse or is affecting my daily routine we should consider a new AAP. 

He also didn't seemed concerned that "the bitch" voice will still yell random profanities and insults at people i come into contact with.  Sometimes she's funny and I giggle or laugh about it.

Moving furniture like I have been is a real pain for my family I guess.

i'm pretty awesome [but not excessively so]

pdoc wants me to attempt a return to reading, not having much luck since it is generally not as interesting without encypted messages and things that "prove" me right

this has words in it:

BaxjcQOCIAAsA1i.png

I called my landlord yesterday about the broken washer, and he never got back to me, which was fine, so I thought he had it taken care of.  Well this  morning I called again because nothing had been done (he usually sends someone out the same day someone calls about a maintenance issue like this), and he called back letting me know he got my call yesterday, but it sounded like he had kind of an irritation in his voice.

I didn't react to it except I was "extra nice," and when I was the tone in his voice went down.  Just saying that the "extra niceness" I think made him think twice about the way he reacted.

1 person likes this

I'm having lunch with my mom and husband today. I'm hungry now. Haha. I guess I'll just have to wait.

I have an exam today!! Ack! I'm so nervous! Hopefully it goes well!

Hi guys.

I'm doing awesomely.  Most of you guys seem very young!  I'm sure your exam will go swimmingly parapluie.  What is it you're studying?

I am slowly increasing my stress threshold each day - I know from my experience your stress tolarance goes out of the window after the positive symptoms disappear.  We're running a small eBay shop at the moment, but our ambitions are expanding!!!

melissaw72, be nice but don't let that landlord walk all over you.  As well as increasing my stress tolerance levels, I have had to improve my general levels of assertiveness.  What I have learned is that first and foremost most people give a shit about themselves ... so don't be overly concerned with what the landlord might be thinking.  Chances are he's pissed off about something completely different unrelated to you.

I've been stressed out lately.  Wedding dresses and assembly lines.  I'm not doing well at all and it's showing and I know it.  I'm wondering if I should call my doctor or just wait for the stressful situation to pass.  This happens to me every holiday season  Bells and wells going everywhere somewhere something anything, nothing you see? 

Edited by Schizophrenic_Sanity

melissaw72, be nice but don't let that landlord walk all over you.  As well as increasing my stress tolerance levels, I have had to improve my general levels of assertiveness.  What I have learned is that first and foremost most people give a shit about themselves ... so don't be overly concerned with what the landlord might be thinking.  Chances are he's pissed off about something completely different unrelated to you.

Thanks, I won't.  I've had the same landlord for 14 years and he is a great landlord overall; I can't complain.  It is just sometimes he can be slow to get things done sometimes.  You're right, he was probably thinking about something else when he answered my call.

I had this dream again, about how I was in college and fell behind in courses where I was just so exhausted and sick I wasn't attending classes for a long time.  I went to tell my advisor about it, and when I did I don't remember exactly what was said, but overall it was like everything I told her about my not being able to do things, she was saying things that made it so that I had to keep explaining myself to get the point across. 

I got so frustrated trying to explain why I was having problems, that I woke up from the dream really frustrated.  It seemed like such a long-ass dream I deserved to sleep more than the 2 hours that I did!  I woke up thinking, "It is only 4 PM?"

I slept a lot last night (finally), went to day program this morning and then got my injection this afternoon. Overall I think this week is better than last.

I slept a lot last night (finally), went to day program this morning and then got my injection this afternoon. Overall I think this week is better than last.

That's awesome news mell!! Sleep is always good!!

I have an exam today!! Ack! I'm so nervous! Hopefully it goes well!

Good luck Para!

Today is great so far! Started working on my final paper for my class (yesterday I finished the last 2 discussion posts so once I turn this paper in tomorrow or Sunday, I'll be DONE!!!!), ran errands with hubby, ate lunch together, now we'll be going to my work's holiday party.

I'm really enjoying feeling so good!

I'm glad you feel so good, Forgetmenot! Yay for the end of the semester, too!

ヾ(●ω●)ノ

Edited by Reverse The Polarity

Was pissed off earlier today. Decided to switch cellphone service to T-Mobile since its cheaper. We got to the store at 9:30am and the door was locked even though their sign said they opened at 9am. We drove to the next nearest T-Mobile store and had a similar problem. Online it said this store opens at 10am so we waited until 10 then saw the sign on the door said 10:30. We got pissed and left. I guess they're cheap for a reason huh?

Apart from that, my mood's been all over the place today. Deeply depressed to laughing and joking around and back to depressed within hours. Friggin roller coaster. And usually a sign that my sza symptoms are going to spike soon. I have been seeing bugs and distortions in things more often than normal. Here's to hoping I don't end up in wonderland within the week. Though, honestly, I could probably use the excitement. Things have been boring as hell lately.

I'm feeling better today.  I went to bed early last night and proceeded to sleep for 14 hours.  Apparently I needed the rest, I'm feeling significantly less disorganized today, thanks to sleep and medication increase. 

2 people like this

Glad you're feeling better, Schizophrenic_Sanity! 

I'm doing well, though still REALLY nervous for my exam on Tuesday! It's gonna be killer. 

Just about every time I wake up, I get up and *HAVE* to eat something, whether I am hungry or not.  I'm like a magnet to the kitchen and food.  I've tried to distract myself by doing other things, but I just get stressed out because I can't eat something.  Rarely I can go without the food after waking up.

Does this happen to anyone here?