CrazyBoards.org

so, i developed this weird thing i guess when i got off of antidepressants. i used to be able to dress like i wanted when on antidepressants. i could wear my hair long and in my face and wear my band t shirts and generally not be aware or concerned about how i was looking. NOW off of these antideppresants i've developed this kind of ocd type thing. i don't know what it is. if i wear a shirt with any kind of picture or writing on it i become aware that it is on me and its like there's a giant tarantula on my chest and i just have to scrape it off. it becomes so unpleasant and distracting that i can't focus on conversations or be comfortable. sometimes if i have had the nerve to fight this new thing I'm having and have the audacity to put on a shirt with pictures and go out and talk to people, i'll have to go in the bathroom and turn my shirt inside out or put on a jacket and return to the party or wherever and then i'll be fine. someone might say, "well just don't wear shirts with anything on it!" the problem is, i can no longer dress like i want, or express myself. i can only wear very plain clothes or shit gets weird. my psychiatrist and psychologist don't even really have any idea why this is going on or what it is. and i don't think they are aware of how much it bothers me. and it bothers me A LOT. and the same goes with my hair. i have long hair but i can't wear it how i would like cuz things get "weird." like i've described. sometimes i just want to shave it off. so, does anyone have any idea what the fuck is wrong with me???

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Blahblah
       I've posted on this topic before, because I'm really wondering why this is happening to me, but not on other people that have been on higher-dose stimulants (without breaks) for MUCH longer....
      I re-instated Ritalin (after a 4 month break) due to increase in work cognitive tasks. Pdoc increased the dosage because previous dose was starting to not cut it, wearing off early. I Was told I could experiment, but to take weekends/breaks off in order to "rest" . In the last 3 weeks, I've noticed drastic improvements in my mood, motivation, ability to focus on intellectual tasks/reading, and a positivity, calmness in general.
      Problem is, I am psychologically addicted. When I try to break on the weekends, I can't get out of bed, barely prepare food for myself (despite hunger), and shower, basically, these symptoms are MUCH worse than before I was taking it! I'm concerned that I'll need to keep increasing the dose, take it everyday, and eventually, it will make my condition/functioning worse in the long run (exacerbating the problem). I had old pdocs that would not prescribe me stimulants for exactly this reason.....(I am not ADD.....it is for TRD.)
      Any ideas guys? I'm very compliant, and have no inclination to abuse the dosage. This is the only thing that's made a dent in my mood and functioning and does not seem like a long-term solution!
    • By InkBlot2771
      Hi there,
      I've just started using CBD oil. Has anyone had any experience of using this?
    • By abrooksIN
      I will try to keep this brief.  I was always depressed and my senior year of college (a year ago) I had a major psychotic break where I literally thought I was flying through the universe.  I was hospitalized in for two weeks, and I have been trying to fine tune my meds.  I am working closely with my Pdoc, but am getting very discouraged.  Any input would be appreciated.
      Lithium is what brought be out of my mania, and I have been on 900mg er every since.
      I have gone thru Latuda. Could only get to 60 mg.  I took with food, but still felt ill most of the time.
      Cannot take Lamictal due to headaches.
      Tried Vryalar and I felt like I was crawling out of my skin.
      I am now up to 4mg of Rexulti as of last weekend.  My Paranoia is the highest it has been since my hospitalization.  Saw my Pdoc Friday and he said too soon to tell on the increased dosage and I can go from 7. out of 10 to 3 out of 10 in a matter of minutes.  He added a small dose of Lexapro to help with my depression.
      Rexulti has been the best drug from a side effect profile.  If I could rid myself of the paranoia I would almost be normal.   
      Does anyone have any suggestions?  Really appreciate it.
    • By Lolaz

I used this site over a decade ago during my first bad episode of OCD and found it really helpful at the time. My OCD was pretty under control for five years and then I had a baby this past June. Postpartum OCD was on my radar due to my history and also because I had four major life stresses/traumas in the two years leading up to the birth of my baby. The first two months with my baby were pretty good - some mild intrusive thoughts but I was able to cope with them. I was so happy, thinking I'd escaped PPD or PPOCD!
        Then a majorly overwhelming occurrence happened. And suddenly I was catastrophizing about it and things spiraled from there. Over the past few weeks, I started having intrusive thoughts and images about doing bad things. Like many OCD'rs my first course of action was to use logic and I thought 'I've never done anything like that so why would I now?' Of course, that didn't work. I started questioning whether I had done something like that in the past but just didn't remember. Things then got worse. I had an image of me doing something and thought 'was that a memory?' Then I started wondering 'did I question if that was a memory or did I just know it was a memory?' I tried doing some exposure and saying "Okay I did that" and "I know I did that" to myself (not cuz I thought I did it but because I knew I shouldn't fight it). It kinda helped. Then yesterday I had a disturbing image (I'm not even entirely sure what the image was, I just know it upset me) and I immediately thought 'I do remember that' and then started getting really anxious and wondering 'why did I think that? Is that really a memory or is it OCD?' Now I'm wondering if that was a memory and I'm in denial and using OCD as an excuse. At my core, I think this is my OCD but I'm not sure. I'm so scared. Why would I even think 'I do remember that,' if it wasn't actually a memory? But I also know it seems like an OCD thought, especially since I started obsessing a few days ago about whether I had thought "I know I did that" so it makes sense my OCD would then change from "what if" to "that happened." But maybe I'm wrong.   My OCD has been really bad in the past. I once was scared of becoming psychotic and told myself I wasn't hallucinating so I couldn't be psychotic. Then I started feeling what felt like raindrops on me when I was inside and was concerned that meant I was experiencing psychosis. (I wasn't!). This was eleven years ago and I only give it as an example of how bad things can get.   I'm scared to even write this. I'm so scared someone will think I actually did something bad. Then I'm scared I did do something bad because why else would I have thought 'I remember that.' But I also really don't think it was actually a memory. I don't really believe I did this thing I'm scared of having done. I don't think I have the stomach to actually do it and I don't know why I would do it. I have so many conflicting thoughts, it just doesn't make sense. Does this seem in the realm of OCD? Does anyone else's OCD take on this form? I'm so terrified and I feel so alone right now. I want to be a good mom to my baby but I'm so anxious. I just want to be the happy mom I was for two months and enjoy my baby again. Right now, I just feel "crazy."