Squish

Delicious Food I Ate Today

678 posts in this topic

I know we can all just head over to olga's blog if we're looking for food pr0n but I like to hear about delicious foods from everyone. They're fun to read and give me ideas for future delicious foods for myself. :)

Also, occasionally I have something SO GOOD I just have to tell people about it but I don't want my blog to be 50% food descriptions so I'm making a place to tell people right here.

So share away people! Add photos and recipes if you have 'em!

I'll start: For lunch I had spicy chicken and noodle soup, made with cooked chicken crisped up in vegetable oil, spring onions, a finely chopped carrot, some shiitake mushrooms, lime juice and LOTS of garlic, ginger and chili. I used some precooked rice noodles, and hot water with vegetable bouillon powder and soy sauce as the broth.

It was yummy but a little hotter than anticipated. It certainly cleared out my sinuses effectively.  :blink:

1 person likes this

^ That sounds delicious. Breakfast this morning for me was two fresh romaine leaves wrapped around chopped hot hard boiled egg and Havarti cheese.

I'm getting ready to eat chicken and broccoli in alfredo sauce. It's nearly done, and I'm starving. :P

OK, I will play along.

Dinner last evening, it is only 9 AM here and breakfast = mundane, was chili beans with four toppings: freshly made habanero salsa, Mexican cheese, sour cream, and scallions.

P1110546_zps01e1c95d.jpg

Accompanying the chili beans was a just baked loaf of sourdough millet and sunflower seed bread.

P1110521_zps9278d5b7.jpg

Ooh, pretty salad!

I had comfort food: fried egg on buttery toast. So good if not very sophisticated.

gallery_33569_727_18358.jpg

Excuse this woeful photograph, I lack both Indigo's (considerable) photography skills, and anything other than a crappy webcam for a camera.

ETA: and also light, apparently.

Edited by Squish

I wanted a yeasted coffee cake, or a sweet bread---depending on how you look at it.  I found a recipe for one made in a tubular pan, and mixed it up last night.  it did a slow rise in the refrigerator all night and I baked it this morning.

P1100315_zps14720223.jpg

It has nuts, raisins, grated lemon rind, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace in it.  Very good and not overly sweet.  (There's one cup of sugar in the whole thing---and it's supposed to serve 12-16)  It's more than half gone. *burp*

olga

Edited by olga
typo

Last night I had roasted chicken wings (cooked with olives) with a lightly spiced mix of brown rice, nuts and sultanas. 

I am going to have this dessert tonight ... will let you know how it is.  My mom made it and I can not wait to try it!  Not sure where she got the recipe, but I think I can get it if someone wants it.

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/gallery/image/9073-moms-dessert-for-easter-2014/

This was really good! I had 2 good-sized pieces.  Like a lemon sugar cookie as the base with a frosting of cream cheese, strawberry jam, and powdered sugar, then glazed fruit on top.

This is a very dangerous thread :lol: . So much good food being talked about and displayed...

i didn't take a photo, but last night we made roast chicken and mini yorkshire puddings and a salad. so delicious! i forgot i know how to cook. how odd is that? anyway, i agree this is a dangerous thread because now i want enchiladas but it's nine in the morning. : P

For Easter, I had lamb, mashed potatoes, artichokes, bread rolls, and asparagus soap. Yum.

For Easter, I had lamb, mashed potatoes, artichokes, bread rolls, and asparagus soap. Yum.

I am feeling very sorry for myself now because I just had toast for my easter dinner. When I'm with my family we always have lamb too. And I love artichokes and asparagus soup sounds so delicious... 

I'd better do some serious cooking and make something nice for tomorrow!

Our dinner tonight:

P1100353_zps934d9295.jpg

Homemade pizza with a tomato and garlic sauce, mozzarella, red onions, chicken sausage, black olives and a dusting of Parmesan.

olga

Keep in mind I hate to cook and my standards for edibility are low. However i made some fried chicken tonight that gave us a mouthgasm!

Olga, that pizza looks SO GOOD!  Looks like one you could order from a restaurant.

Berry friand and coffee.

Carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting.  Costco-size.

Nothing fancy today...spinach and lettuce, with radish, broccoli, and olives. Hard boiled egg crumbled on top. A couple tablespoons cottage cheese in lieu of dressing, for protein. I call it "leftover relish tray salad." :P

Not today, but yesterday: crust is the "standard"  beer pizza crust that both Olga and I use frequently. However, this one is made with millet and sunflower seed bread flour, with just enough white wheat to make if knead smoothly.

The sauce is red and green bell peppers simmered slowly in a bit of chicken consomme from the freezer and a couple of tablespoons of fresh herb pesto mixed in just before being spread on the crust.

There are green olives, green olives stuffed with garlic, and kalamati olives under a layer of poached chicken. I used all the small pieces of cheese from the 'fridge: asiago, romano, parmesan, a bit of sharp white cheddar, and a smidgen of crumbled goat cheese.

It smelled wonderful  as it cooked and tasted even better. There was a spring greens and pear salad to accompany it and a bottle of pale ale to wash it all down!

pizzasm_zps9fa11156.jpg

We had rice and egg substitute omelet this morning. The egg is tasty. I put soy sauce and Nutrasweet in them. Then I fry them until they bubble on top. Then I fold them three times, then fold them three times again. It makes them fluffy and square.

Last night's dinner: pork loin chops in a simple spiced butter sauce: cayenne, black pepper, garlic, onion, chili powder. Baked until brown, served with steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Full of protein and goodies. And they tasted divine.

Dessert was blackberry smoothies.