CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Stickler

Don't let the door hit you...

You don't shame others, guilt others, or try to get them to stop taking their meds though, Mel.

That's the difference.

I also get that you're frustrated about being on court- mandated treatment. I would be too.

...I don't think you meant it like this, and I don't want to try to speak for mel. But I'm just going to say this:

In her situation, being on court-mandated treatment would be but one slice of my FRUSTRATED AS FUCK pie that I get served every day.

And to have someone say "I also get that you're frustrated about being on court-mandated treatment"... would mean, to me, were I in similar situation, that they don't really get the frustrations I experience []and frustrations would honestly not be at all the appropriate word, because i don't think there is a word] or why I experience them,nor how they manifest.

That is, if I were to be in a similar situation. <sarcasm> which is ludicrous. Obviously mel and I are NOTHING alike, right?</sarcasm>

---

That being said, I'm not terribly active here, but to make a general thread like this kind of sucks.

addressing each situation and each poster individually is appropriate and I've certainly been aggressive and protective on that front at times- and not at others, depending on the individual situation.

But to make a general thread, so many people are alienated with one sweep- even people who might be open to a conversation where one says to the other "Look you make me feel like shit when you try to enforce your ideas on me"... and that could be coming from either side of this, yes?

Was the point to alienate people? Or was it just because there was anger and someone felt crappy? I get the latter, but not really the former.

But to make a general thread, so many people are alienated with one sweep- even people who might be open to a conversation where one says to the other "Look you make me feel like shit when you try to enforce your ideas on me"... and that could be coming from either side of this, yes?

lol. I totally forgot what this thread was about when I answered Melissa about celiac. Also couldn't even understand what I posted back in the beginning of july.

This thread reminds me of one of my college professors, she was a health nut and also a conspiracy theorist. She told us that the body doesn't get diseases and that any diseases it it gets is from something that big pharma, or the environment, or something did to us.

My favorite though was that she said that you don't need anti-depressants, all you need to do is eat a handful of cashews a day.  

Nah. It was about the regularity of people showing up here and saying one of several variants on a theme:

- psych meds are government mind control, stop taking them

-psych meds damage your brain, stop taking them

-taking psych meds means you're a weakling, you should feel like a loser until you stop taking them

- psych meds are a crutch, stop taking them

- psych meds are a corporate ripoff, stop taking them

This irks the fuck out of me.

These people are saying their crackpot- ass opinion trumps my lived experience, for one. For two, there's people here for which those arguments DO work, and for whom going off meds are dangerous. For three, their attitude issues from an MI stigma perspective. Yes the MI can embrace the Crazyphobia of the culture around them, see also closeted gays who work against gay rights, women who fight feminism, ETC.

I was angry. I didn't intend to alienate Melly or someone who IS MI...what I was going after, and apparently not precisely enough, is people who judge against us or anyone for using meds, or try to guilt us about how we survive and cope.

Anyway, I'm sorry for hurting people and causing offense against those who came here for support. I can only apologize and state that that was not my intended target.

I do flatly hold the opinion, though, that it's actively dangerous to advocate to anyone besides yourself they go off any med.

It's nice if you can have a good quality of life without, but most of us here are not lucky like that.

Nah. It was about the regularity of people showing up here and saying one of several variants on a theme:

- psych meds are government mind control, stop taking them

-psych meds damage your brain, stop taking them

-taking psych meds means you're a weakling, you should feel like a loser until you stop taking them

- psych meds are a crutch, stop taking them

- psych meds are a corporate ripoff, stop taking them

This irks the fuck out of me.

These people are saying their crackpot- ass opinion trumps my lived experience, for one. For two, there's people here for which those arguments DO work, and for whom going off meds are dangerous. For three, their attitude issues from an MI stigma perspective. Yes the MI can embrace the Crazyphobia of the culture around them, see also closeted gays who work against gay rights, women who fight feminism, ETC.

I hate when people do this too.  You worded it well how i feel about it.

Stickler I'm assuming you're referring to Mellifluous and not me. Cause I'm certainly not offended by anything you said! 

Who knew there would be so many Melly's! 

Stickler I'm assuming you're referring to Mellifluous and not me. Cause I'm certainly not offended by anything you said! 

Who knew there would be so many Melly's!

Oops! Yup.