water

Yes Scotland

59 posts in this topic

Yes! Clan McAlister here. Cant vote i am outside of the country ? Go Scotland!

Yes! Clan McAlister here. Cant vote i am outside of the country ? Go Scotland!

Clan Fraser and MacKenzie here.

Je suis prest. :-}

Oh Dougie! <3

I married into Clan MacKinnon.

ETA: We've had some pretty fun and interesting speculations about how Scottish independence could lead to the Free State of Cascadia finally coming into being. It wouldn't be easy or fast, or inevitable, but we were speculating about parts of Spain being inspired, and Quebec pulling off succession.

As a scot in scotland.

You do Not want to be in Scotland this week. Things are getting nasty. 

I wish I had a postal vote and was away on holidays rather than voting and going. 

I can imagine, helen. 

*wishing you and the piggles a safe and conflict-free week*

You go from people not respecting each other's opinions, not respecting why people are voting the way they are. 

And then you get things like this which need the ROFLcopter. 

The two best things out their I have seen are both pro-independence. One is A Video for Proclaimers Cap in Hand, and the other is a small campaign organisation which has released what is called the "Wee Blue Book

Edit: If people are interested I'll blog why I am voting the way I am voting later on. 

Edited by helenllama

My grandmother's family was Scots-Irish. But I guess I don't belong to a clan. *sniffle*

My grandmother's family was Scots-Irish. But I guess I don't belong to a clan. *sniffle*

You can appropriate the same clan I did -clan Fraser here!  Practically feel like a member of the family.

As a brit i dont think independence would be a good idea. But if scotland decides thats what they want then i support it, the problem i have is if things go wrong economically i dont think england should bail them out, you make your bed and all.

Edited by cady

(is hoping this thread doesn't become another version of facebook etc)

I don't belong to a clan either. And I am Scottish. 

Cady why are you against independence? Sorry just don't like people who don't explain why their choice is going either way. It's why I am blogging my own opinions if people want.  From my own experience most Scots in other parts of the UK are actually for Independence but they get a passport without voting. 

Edited by helenllama

I'm torn between wanting Scotland to have independence (I'm the least nationalist person ever) and wanting them to vote no to stick it to David Cameron (who is desperate to lose the largest Labour seats before the next general election). As Billy Connolly said, they'll get what they deserve I guess?

I'm against it because i like the fact the Uk consists of several different countries, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland,with Scotland removed the UK gets smaller.

Again i will support the decision if the people of Scotland decided that's what they want, that's how a democracy should work.

And i also do worry about things economically, if Scotland can't cope it will be England bailing them out, which i don't think we should do, seen as they would have decided they didn't want anything to do with us.

As a brit i can't vote in this decision, but i think we should actually be given the right to get rid of Scotland,

why should they be the one's that decide?.

Edited by cady

deleted due to a repeat of facebook situation and it is not fair to inflict it on you all

Edited by helenllama

I'm afraid it does directly affect the Uk, and whoever your getting your information from seems Biased.

It is doubtful that Scotland's economy will function as well, as they won't be members of the European Union

and they are not accepting new members at the moment.

It would be silly of Scotland to part with the Uk.

Edited by cady

Clan Hay. Ugly-ass tartan; my parents brought home several blankets from their stays there. I grew up with those scratchy bastards.

I'm afraid it does directly affect the Uk, and whoever your getting your information from seems Biased.

It is doubtful that Scotland's economy will function as well, as they won't be members of the European Union

and they are not accepting new members at the moment.

It would be silly of Scotland to part with the Uk.

Considering all the newspapers except one Admit to supporting the No campaign and considering it is known the BBC are biased does that not make them biased sources too. 

My info comes from a well referenced publication. I admit to what the source of my info actually is. It is in this thread. 

I'm living this 24-7, and this thread is going the way things are in RL, on Facebook. For that reason, despite being the only one with a vote in here so far I am staying out the thread. 

Sorry guys for my part in that. 

Edited by helenllama

I don't want you to feel you can't have an opinion.

I still think Scotland would be silly to part with the City of London (banking).

Clan Hay. Ugly-ass tartan; my parents brought home several blankets from their stays there. I grew up with those scratchy bastards.

Pictures please?

Pictures please?

http://www.clanhay.org/history/tartan/

"Hay Ancient." Only imagine it in dull wool.

Pictures please?

http://www.clanhay.org/history/tartan/

"Hay Ancient." Only imagine it in dull wool.

Lovely. even well worn. ;]

I'm wishing for peace in Scotland, no matter which way the vote goes. Be safe, everyone.