CrazyBoards.org

iaawal

anyone have flashbacks about interactions?

I get these too, a lot. I even get physical symptoms such as dizziness and sweating.

How do all of you cope after that happens?

I use distraction a lot.

I do it for simple things like someone saying "good morning" or something , I have bad hearing AND hear voices in my head so I usually just ignore everybody . It has caused problems like an entire community thinking that I think im better than everybody else, ive since decided that people are just more trouble than they are worth unfortunately usually im right.

Not really flashbacks but I do reply conversations in my head over and over. Most of the time, it's about what I should've said or why the hell did I say what I said?

I figure if I do that, the next time I'm in the exact same situation, I'll say the perfect thing. Never actually turns out that way though.

On 5/9/2017 at 10:26 AM, Expand said:

Not really flashbacks but I do reply conversations in my head over and over. Most of the time, it's about what I should've said or why the hell did I say what I said?

I figure if I do that, the next time I'm in the exact same situation, I'll say the perfect thing. Never actually turns out that way though.

This is almost the same thing that I deal with too.  The only extra part is that I role-play out the interaction with the other person in my mind, and then think what I should have said, or alternative ways to answer other than what I did actually say.

(bold) ... I don't expect to be in the exact situation again though ... just in a similar scenario or something else related or said.

I have the same...  accompanied by speech and physical movements and expressions I was not doing/controlling.  It has been getting worse and worse and taking over my life.  People would comment on it to me.

I recognised some of the thoughts as being ridiculous/paranoid but reasoning did not stop them.

Then I started taking amisulpride and it went way back to a tolerable level.  I am now on latuda which is also working for it.  Zyprexa and risperidone did nothing for this problem.

I am angry for all the years I have lived like that needlessly.  I had psychotic symptoms but they were ignored up until recently as they weren't outwardly noticeable or anything obvious like voices.  I was told I had social anxiety and could counsel my way out of it and I wasn't trying hard enough.  I needed meds primarily and right ones.

I also replay failed interactions over and over. Sometimes I walk around saying "I hate myself." Most of the time now I am better than I used to be thanks to therapy and meds. I also tell myself that often things that are huge to me are forgotten by others in seconds. But I still find these thoughts taking over my brain at random times or when I am trying to fall asleep. 

I find myself replaying even positive reactions in my head ... Idk why, but I think it is so I can learn from them.