CrazyBoards.org

Yeah it is, I take it for my bipolar, anything under 250 is given to schizophrenics as well because it's sedating, it's unfortunate that your doctor had to resort to seroquel, its a nasty drug, I hate it. It represents all the corruption of the pharmaceutical world, doctors literally give it to anyone....when it's strictly for schizophrenia and bipolar or any psychosis related illness...but if it works then yeah, although if you ever come off it you might get psychosis so be cautious. 

I would also like to call bullshit on this statement. There are "approved" or "label" usages of medications. And then there are also legitimate "off label" uses of drugs. 

What that means is that the pharmaceutical company didn't want to spend the money to run a research trial to see if it would be effective on conditions other than what the FDA has approved it for.  People get "off label" medications prescribed ALL THE TIME.

I would be dead if it weren't for slurroquel when I needed it, and I took it for PTSD.

And I have a pretty strong opinion about not being dead.

Yeah it is, I take it for my bipolar, anything under 250 is given to schizophrenics as well because it's sedating, it's unfortunate that your doctor had to resort to seroquel, its a nasty drug, I hate it. It represents all the corruption of the pharmaceutical world, doctors literally give it to anyone....when it's strictly for schizophrenia and bipolar or any psychosis related illness...but if it works then yeah, although if you ever come off it you might get psychosis so be cautious. 

I would also like to call bullshit on this statement. There are "approved" or "label" usages of medications. And then there are also legitimate "off label" uses of drugs. 

What that means is that the pharmaceutical company didn't want to spend the money to run a research trial to see if it would be effective on conditions other than what the FDA has approved it for.  People get "off label" medications prescribed ALL THE TIME.

I would be dead if it weren't for slurroquel when I needed it, and I took it for PTSD.

And I have a pretty strong opinion about not being dead.

Well, now I know, I suppose there is a lot of bs articles out there too against seroquel, I like seroquel, it helps for sure it I gained weight with it though but it's better than being depressed.

Edited by StJimmy9151

Antipsychotics can have major side effects, especially seroquel and zyprexa.  But they definitely are extremely useful for treating certain things.  I know people who haven't gained weight at all on these meds, althugh I'd be morbidly obese if I had to take zyprexa permanently.

At doses under 200mgs Seroquel is basically an antihistamine.  It blocks H2, the same as benadryl, and that's about it.  You won't start having a noticeable effect on other receptor sites until you get up around 400 or so.   If you're taking less than 400, you're getting overpriced benadryl.

As you get higher, the effect on norephenphrine can make it stimulating enough to counter the effect on H2, plus you begin to develop a tolerance to the sedative effect.   

hi sorry to jump in, but I would like some clarification. I take antihistamines more than 20 years. When I was using atarax for sleep and without taking an antidepressant, atarax was causing me some type of nostalgic depression mainly but not only about the past, around one hour after taking it.

with quetiapine I have less than a year experience and never went more than 100mg (yet) but I never felt strange thoughts as with a strong antihistamine dose, on the contrary it clears my thoughts even at 50mg. So with small dose of quetiapine I have sedation with a clear head. Is it maybe cause I am relatively new to it, IDK but I don't feel I take benadryl, I would appreciate some thoughts...

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2015 at 3:54 AM, Velvet Elvis said:

Hey Jimmy, I'm going to write a script that automatically tells you to shut the fuck up every time you post so nobody else has to. 

At doses under 200mgs Seroquel is basically an antihistamine.  It blocks H2, the same as benadryl, and that's about it.  You won't start having a noticeable effect on other receptor sites until you get up around 400 or so.   If you're taking less than 400, you're getting overpriced benadryl.

As you get higher, the effect on norephenphrine can make it stimulating enough to counter the effect on H2, plus you begin to develop a tolerance to the sedative effect.  

On 3/4/2015 at 4:37 AM, Velvet Elvis said:

It's the US.  Everyone is more concerned with avoiding lawsuits than what's best for patients.  

Thank you for the information! PS nice Boognish!

Edited by hoersiamhores
Typo