CrazyBoards.org

philosophin

What have YOU been avoiding lately?

Making doctor appointments.  Because phones.  And talking.  And people.  Augh.  And the appointments themselves!  More people!  More talking!  PUBLIC TRANSIT.

I've been catching up on these but it's difficult.

I'm starting to think that I really need to get a new music player and headphones.  Also prescription sunglasses.  Because public transit would not be the utter fucking nightmare that it currently is for me, if I could bloody well have some of my usual ways to manage sensory/social overload.

So really, I've been putting off getting prescription sunglasses, a new portable music player, and new headphones.  Because talking, people, and public transit.

I avoid washing my car because that either means talking with the attendant, or having people watch me wash my car. No thank you. I avoid buying food because that means leaving the house and people seeing me at the grocery store, yup, no thank you. I avoid going to my laser hair removal appointments because it's too much effort. The dentist. Eyelash appointments. Showering. :) you name it!

6 hours ago, elizabethisgoingcrazy said:

I avoid washing my car because that either means talking with the attendant, or having people watch me wash my car. No thank you. I avoid buying food because that means leaving the house and people seeing me at the grocery store, yup, no thank you. I avoid going to my laser hair removal appointments because it's too much effort. The dentist. Eyelash appointments. Showering. :) you name it!

Welcome to CB! 

FWIW .... Just wanted to say that they have this thing with some grocery stores where you type in a list into the compute of what you want, someone else does the shopping, then delivers it to your door.  You'd have to minimally deal with the person, and you'd get your groceries out of the way.

The volleyball league I just joined.

I suck at all sports but I love volleyball and I signed up for the "just for fun" league. But I was put on a team where the people actually care about winning and not playing for fun, and they were obviously pissed that I suck. So I stopped going. I paid $80 for it. Mad that I pissed the money away but I dont think I'll be going back.

On 9/16/2016 at 6:57 AM, melissaw72 said:

Been avoiding the vacuuming.

Me too! 

5 hours ago, maybeimaunicorn said:

The volleyball league I just joined.

I suck at all sports but I love volleyball and I signed up for the "just for fun" league. But I was put on a team where the people actually care about winning and not playing for fun, and they were obviously pissed that I suck. So I stopped going. I paid $80 for it. Mad that I pissed the money away but I dont think I'll be going back.

Me too! 

FWIW, even though it was a loss of $80, I think it is one of those things where it is better to lose the money than be in a stressful, toxic environment.

On 9/9/2016 at 6:08 PM, Mirazh said:

Buying naproxen.

If your in pain?!   I hope you get some.

On 9/9/2016 at 4:45 PM, Mirazh said:

Making doctor appointments.  Because phones.  And talking.  And people.  Augh.  And the appointments themselves!  More people!  More talking!  PUBLIC TRANSIT.

I've been catching up on these but it's difficult.

I'm starting to think that I really need to get a new music player and headphones.  Also prescription sunglasses.  Because public transit would not be the utter fucking nightmare that it currently is for me, if I could bloody well have some of my usual ways to manage sensory/social overload.

So really, I've been putting off getting prescription sunglasses, a new portable music player, and new headphones.  Because talking, people, and public transit.

Mail Order is a sanity saver and helps avoid public transit.  ?Are we allowed to use that swear word here?

Going outside.

45 minutes ago, nervousbat said:

Man, I said I would go get a haircut a week ago but I panicked because the receptionist sounded young, had a deadpan voice and said they'd get their apprentice to cut my hair.

I know apprentices need to learn, and I don't have a problem with them doing stuff to me to learn, but getting my hair cut is one thing I want done by someone who has been doing it for a few years.

• Like 1

An apology.  Lots of work. 

Going out for a walk

Getting my car washed

Ringing the community psychiatric  nurse

Cleaning my room

I've been avoiding -

Picking up my prescription (I'm so afraid of the judgmental looks the pharmacist and techs will give me when picking up antidepressants)

Returning my library books

Asking my boss of I got my requested day off

Any interaction that isn't absolutely crucial to be honest. . .

It feels nice to have a place to just write this down and get it out. Thanks CB.