TakeAChillPill

What Did You Accomplish Today?

303 posts in this topic

I am starting a new thread for the things we have accomplished any particular day that are good, positive things.  

There is a thread for daily goals, happy moments, and how you're feeling at any given moment.  This particular thread is for being proud of what you did that was good today and every day.  It doesn't have to be the stuff you always do.  Maybe stuff that is somewhat out of the ordinary or stuff that is hard for you.

Lets keep this one going!

I will start.

I walked briskly for 30 minutes.  

I brushed my teeth.   [it was about time]. 

I cleaned the cats water fountain an replaced the filter on it.

I swam.

i got out of bed at 10am and did not flop down in bed until 6pm.  Now I'm in bed typing this in my phone.  

I really impressed my Pdoc with my positive attitude and adherence to a walking routine.  

:-)

Went for a walk this morning.

Took a shower (Well not a huge achievement)

Tried to sort out all my cellphone pix and videos (Some have duplicate names)

Listened to a marathon of Greenday

Set up a chair for my Cat to lay on next to me so I can just reach over and scratch her

Filled out most of a huge intake forms for a new TDoc.

1 person likes this

I was at my mom's house since breakfast this morning and I stayed all day form an outdoor eating and socializing party with some of our good friends.  

I was very social and I feel like I was a part of what was going on.

I was out of bed all day.

I got a slight tan although thats not really a big accomplishment.  lol

I got one of my wife's gold earrings out of the bathroom sink drain...  peeeewwww!  lol.gif

2 people like this

Got hubby out of the house to price shower head/faucets. Didn't feel like wandering through two mega-box home improvement stores, but got it done.

A lot of little things I don't remember, but it all added up and I was busy the whole morning to about 11 AM.

Also accomplished to not eat an entire bag of mini donuts at once.

1 person likes this

I spoke to my Dad on Skype. He lives across the world in the UK. It was great to see him on Father's Day :)

Going for a walk.

Also accomplished getting an unexpected load of laundry done.

Getting all the errands done.

Brushed my teeth vigorously.

Took a hot shower and washed my yucky hair.

Did a Dead Sea Mud Mask facial.

Hygiene is 100% today!

I had two rather large meals today but I didn't snack in-between and I skipped lunch.  

Vacuumed

Laundry.

2 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Vacuumed

Laundry.

This showed up on my phone without the break, suggesting that you vacuumed your laundry.  It made me smile so I figured I would share in case I'm not the only one.

took forever and a day on something job-related because it was the first time I'd ever written the particular assignment so I'm getting to sleep three hours later than desired; was very concerned i had created a much too lengthy and very elaborate mess, but was told that it was wonderfully done, which meant a lot

51 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

This showed up on my phone without the break, suggesting that you vacuumed your laundry.  It made me smile so I figured I would share in case I'm not the only one.

took forever and a day on something job-related because it was the first time I'd ever written the particular assignment so I'm getting to sleep three hours later than desired; was very concerned i had created a much too lengthy and very elaborate mess, but was told that it was wonderfully done, which meant a lot

I'm glad people thought so highly of your assignment!

And, no, I didn't vacuum my laundry LOL :D

I cleaned out my cats water fountain and replaced the filter on it then filled it fresh cold water.

I did my Dead Sea Mud Mask and took a well-needed shower.  I put on deodorant.  

I took my multivitamin and my Nature Calm.  

Tomorrow I need to go grocery shopping.

I also ordered a new pack of filters for my cats' fountain.

Yesterday I got my eye appt over with.  I hate the numbing eye drops and the ones that dilate your eyes. It is a nightmare walking outside, even on a cloudy day.  But i didn't cancel and reschedule it.

Been going strong since 7am, starting to slow. A messy family, high stress and depression took its toll on the house. I've been on my hands and knees scrubbing baseboards, kitchen cabinets and doors, sweeping and wiping down the open windowsills. Its probably been 10 years since I've really gave a damn about cleaning. I don't think this is a hypo cycle, more like disgust fueled.

Also hired some guys to do heavy yard work, they're here now. Maybe I'm not doing the work, but hey, I at least found initiative to take care of it.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow is productive too.

Proved a theorem and working on another one right now.

I went to the pdoc and got through the appointment ok.

So far today...

Exercised.

Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, cleaned kitchen so I can cook

Picked up packages and mail.

Wrote an email re: an appointment I have later this month.

Doing laundry

Will update ;)

Edited by philosophin

Finished the second proof. Now writing a third proof and I'll be done with this line of logic.

Got in touch with a really good friend of mine and we set a day to get together at a cafe and talk about whatever.

Turned in short term disability paperwork by fax

accepted I need short term disability and had my passwords to everything work related changed so I wouldn't be tempted to try to follow the cases others are handling for me

spoke with people at work to make sure above info was accurate

disclosed real nature of my "personal emergency" to two work colleagues

turned in application for PHP/IOP and asked if 32 day old physical would suffice for their 30 day old physical requirement

colored a whole lot of mandalas

Yesterday I accomplished getting all the errands and pdoc appt all done and home by noon.