CrazyBoards.org

Anyone have a case of schizo/psycho-ocd? It always interests me how certain disorders interact, and i know that in my case my pure o and psychosis are interacting by creating obsessions that are psychotic in nature. Does anyone have that too?

5 minutes ago, unknown diagnosis said:

Anyone have a case of schizo/psycho-ocd? It always interests me how certain disorders interact, and i know that in my case my pure o and psychosis are interacting by creating obsessions that are psychotic in nature. Does anyone have that too?

I've got both diagnoses. Sometimes it's a bit hard to tell if I'm having an obsession or a delusion. Or a delusional obsession. It all blends together and it confused my doctors for a long time.

I've got both diagnoses as well. It can be a bit difficult to tell whether some of the things I hear internally (like music, sounds, and voices) are from OCD or psychosis. But other than that, they tend not to blend together a whole lot other than my OCD latching onto my psychosis and making me think about it.

OCD ruined my day today. I obsessed non-stop, couldn't pay attention to anything else. Damn you OCD!

On 7/6/2017 at 2:01 AM, aura said:

OCD ruined my day today. I obsessed non-stop, couldn't pay attention to anything else. Damn you OCD!

ugh sorry to hear that :(

I've been trying to let myself tic freely, even if I'm in public. because when I try not to have tics, my tension grows. so I'm waving my hands, talking to myself, jerking my head... it doesn't look neurotypical, but it's actually helping?

My oldest daughter was visiting, she "helped me out" with laundry... omg, she folded the kitchen towels haphazardly, every which way, I wanted to scream. No, no, no. 

• Like 1

I'm going to try to sort out my "guest room " again, it is so filled with stuff I can't walk in. Not sure I'll get far with this. This issue has gotten worse. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By hannahthered
      Hi, I'm Hannah.  I've had generalized anxiety and OCD all my life and developed major depressive disorder around 11 years old, but I was not properly diagnosed until I was 13.  They've put me on lots of meds since then, most of which either didn't work or had shitty side effects.  Around the time I was 14-15, I even had some psychotic features during my worst depressive episodes, and some of my medications were only making things worse.  Now, at 16, things are at an all time low, and I came here to talk to some people who are in similar situations.  My current medications are Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) and Risperdal, with a Deplin supplement.  Long story short, school sucks ass and it's making things worse.
      That's pretty much all from me.  Hello, CB! 
    • By hannahthered
      I'm currently on the lowest dose of Risperdal for severe OCD.  Not long after I started taking it, I nearly fainted in class and had to go home for the day.  The dizziness came on very quickly, and my vision started to turn black (to put it simply.  The effect is hard to describe)  I could hardly hear what people were saying, and the event lasted for a very short amount of time.  I felt nauseous, and my stomach was in a lot of pain.
      Is this a common side effect of Risperdal (assuming it was caused by this particular drug)?  If so, has anybody else had a similar experience with this medication?
    • By hatemyocd
      Hi guys, I have just joined the forum and I was needing some advice. I suffer from severe OCD and intrusive thoughts. After having a major episode this year over the birth of my nephew, (should have been an exciting time, not OCD fuelled) I was having intrusive thoughts about my newborn nephew. I suffered major POCD and in the midst of this I was having thoughts about my ex boyfriends child. This guy has been a major source of pain in my life. Anyway, cut a long story short, I still have images of his daughter every time I have an episode. Question? Can OCD thoughts be obsessions about anything? Like why the fuck would I have thoughts about the child? It is really disturbing and upsetting. Currently on 300mg of Luvox, does jack shit for me as I have been on these meds since I was 24, I am now 42. Can anyone please shed some light? In addition to these thoughts, images of the child are also strange unnatural, sexual acts regarding her. It started off with my nephew and when I had a thought about her, thats when my world turned upside down. Now, it doesnt seem to go away during times of stress. 
    • By Louisa
      I have no idea if I'm doing this right so bear with me:
      I have GAD and OCD (such a lovely combo) and I just got prescribed Brintellix to help me get out of the recent anxiety/panic hole I've dug myself into. I've been on every SSRI under the sun (I was diagnosed with this shit storm of anxiety, panic attacks and OCD when I was 11 and am now currently 31) and have had great success through the years with Luvox. Then I made the "mistake" or thinking I could live without it and stopped taking it (with my psychiatrist monitoring me) and now I can't even go to the mailbox without panicking. Also, Luvox now hates me and doesn't help. I've done the whole CBT thing and found it very helpful but I'm still very isolated to my apartment so meds are needed now. 
      I stupidly read everything I could about Brintellix and the thing that popped up most was nausea and vomiting. I have a SEVERE vomiting phobia so now I'm afraid to keep taking Brintellix. I've taken 5mg for 4 days now and not felt any nausea (besides the usual anxiety nausea) and I actually haven't even thrown up since I was 12 (drunken throwing up doesn't count)  so I kind of have a stomach of steel. My question is: would I have already experienced vomiting if it was going to happen? Or am I at risk of just all of a sudden developing that side effect? My doc says I'm going to veeerry slowly up the amount to avoid as many side effects as possible. Like I'll up the dosage by 2.5mg every 2 weeks. I also take it at night with an anti nausea med. Also, has it helped anyone's anxiety? I'd love to hear something positive.
      Thanks for the help!