HAL9000

Tell me something good?

658 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dancesintherain said:

I think the prazosin might be helping.  I'm either having no memory of dreams or I'm remembering strange but decent ones.  So much better than the US criminal code variety.

Prazosin worked for me like what you experience ... waking up with no memory of dreams.  I'm glad it is helping.  Nightmares are terrible to have, especially every night.

----------

Something good:

My Aunt sent me an early Christmas present and I got it today :D   I will be mailing hers this Thursday when I can get to the PO. 

I know it is very early and long before Christmas, but I am trying to get her in the Christmas spirit this year.  She told me she is just not into it ... when she usually is at this time of year.  This will be her first Christmas since her husband (my uncle) died, so I can understand her not wanting to deal with much around the holidays.

I got rid of a migraine right before it happened.  Took awhile, but I never got the full migraine.

That it is Monday.

Finally ... Finally ... this 3-day headache is starting to slowly go away.  It has been hell, and I am so glad there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Finally told my GP that I think it's time for a med review with the pdoc. We're waiting until after the holidays to arrange it.

I think my French Bulldog has lost some weight.

I finally got caught up with a shit ton of emails and everything else around here, after about 5 hours.

The weekend is over with.

1 hour ago, melissaw72 said:

The weekend is over with.

Hi Melissa. you don't  have to  answer this question but why do you dislike weekends  so much??

1 minute ago, rowan77 said:

Hi Melissa. you don't  have to  answer this question but why do you dislike weekends  so much??

I don't like them for a bunch of reasons ... but at the same time I cant even think of why.  It is more of a feeling I get when a weekend is coming up or during the weekend.  Sometimes it feels like emotional/mental torture.

One thing I can recall is if I get something in the mail requiring me to call whomever, or question something I got, and I can't call because they aren't open, making me stressed out because I just want it done and not hanging over my head.  And I don't want to forget about it.  In general people aren't aren't available for whatever reason. 

It feels like a wasted day sometimes because all I want to do is get it over with from the time I wake up.  Once in awhile the weekend is ok, but that doesn't happen much.

On Saturdays I just have to get through the day. That is the worse day.  Sundays are better than Saturdays. 

I'm currently not a weekend fan either.

my good thing is I just sat through a large full staff meeting without needing to leave early for either GI or anxiety issues.  Progress.

I don't like them for a bunch of reasons ... but at the same time I cant even think of why.  It is more of a feeling I get when a weekend is coming up or during the weekend.  Sometimes it feels like emotional/mental torture.

One thing I can recall is if I get something in the mail requiring me to call whomever, or question something I got, and I can't call because they aren't open, making me stressed out because I just want it done and not hanging over my head.  And I don't want to forget about it.  In general people aren't aren't available for whatever reason. 

It feels like a wasted day sometimes because all I want to do is get it over with from the time I wake up.  Once in awhile the weekend is ok, but that doesn't happen much.

On Saturdays I just have to get through the day. That is the worse day.  Sundays are better than Saturdays. 

I was just wondering because I also feel a bit unsettled at weekends due to lack of routine

I was just wondering because I also feel a bit unsettled at weekends due to lack of routine

1 hour ago, rowan77 said:

That is a good way of explaining it.

My dog is ok today.

23 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

I'm currently not a weekend fan either.

my good thing is I just sat through a large full staff meeting without needing to leave early for either GI or anxiety issues.  Progress.

You're right, that is progress!  I'm glad you were able to do that!

------------

Good thing today is that I started the laundry later than usual, thinking the machines were already being used, but they weren't ... so I got the washing machine and dryer I wanted.

I was anxious to get the laundry done because we lose water tonight 9 PM through tomorrow at 4 AM.  And usually when the water comes back on, it is a rusty color at first until people start using the water and the rusty color goes away.  And I didn't want to be the one to use the washer first, when the rusty-colored water was still coming out.

The water will be turned on soon.

Pdoc is finally back to his normal self.

2 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Pdoc is finally back to his normal self.

yay! I'm happy for you.

I woke up on the right side of the bed at a reasonable hour.  Let's hope this mood persists.

2 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

yay! I'm happy for you.

I woke up on the right side of the bed at a reasonable hour.  Let's hope this mood persists.

Thanks, dances. 

I'm glad you woke up on the right side of the bed today ... great start to the day!