dancesintherain

exercise and mental health

57 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, nervousbat said:

But mentally it doesn't do much. Maybe I feel a tad better in the sense that "Hey, I got out of the house today." But that's about it.

18 hours ago, nervousbat said:

I'm anxious and depressed the whole time and can't wait to get it over with.

I have the same problems with going out and exercising.  I don't get anything out of it, and it stresses me out.  Personally I'd rather be at home.  I am going to try harder thought to start getting out more.

2 people like this

Exercise does not seem to affect my mental illness. I do feel refreshed after i workout, though. To get that endorphin feeling I find I need to run for a while. It seems to need fairly intense activity.

1 person likes this

I've heard about the book Spark. I'll definitely check that out. 

I've been running a mile everyday whether outside on a nice day or inside on the treadmill on a chilly day. The only motivation I have is my girlfriend makes me do it with her. Otherwise I'd probably want to do it, intend to do it, but not do it. lol

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I have the same problems with going out and exercising.  I don't get anything out of it, and it stresses me out.  Personally I'd rather be at home.  I am going to try harder thought to start getting out more.

Awe that's good. Yeah because even if it doesn't help much mentally it still is good for us. I will still force myself to go out for the physical benefits. And for if a day comes that I have an opportunity to go hiking again, I want to be in shape for that. The happiest I've ever been while exercising was when I was invited to go hiking in Quebec with my aunt last summer. The change of setting and being immersed in nature really lifted my mood.  

3 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I'm just lazy...  Getting worse about it and I need to do SOMETHING...  I mean anything.

8 hours ago, HAL9000 said:

Getting worse about it and I need to do SOMETHING...  I mean anything.

Same here.  I just have to keep moving around doing anything.  When I was away I was able to get some exercise because of the sets of stairs, running around with the kids, cleaning up stuff.  But Idk how I'll do it, but I'm thinking of it.  This week I'll be mobile Tue-Thurs helping my mom out.