Alien Navel Cord

A Year Ago Today

9 posts in this topic

A year ago today, I saw my mom for the last time.

I can't believe a whole year has gone by.

I know how you feel....I lost my mom to cancer in June, 2015.....

Sometimes I still pick up the phone to call her, and then realize she's gone..

Right? I've felt like calling her so many times only to realize that... I can't...

Do you ever just think about her randomly and then start crying cuz you miss her? I am crying right now. She'd tell me to stop crying. 

2 hours ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Do you ever just think about her randomly and then start crying cuz you miss her? I am crying right now. She'd tell me to stop crying. 

Yes, this happens to me.

It is hard to cover up when I'm at work. I have no tissues at my desk so I have to run to the bathroom. It's awful.

Can you bring tissues with you to work? That would suck to have to run to the bathroom.

Mine usually hits me in the still of the night.

I get the random crying too, and urges to call. It's still under 6 months though, so I know it's just the grief talking when I get to where I feel like I can't breathe from crying. Happening less and less. But it is still happening. Just wanted to post and say I feel for you both. You're not alone.

thank you! It's been over a year for me and when I think about my mom I get either a little chokey, tear up a bit, or I all-out bawl. Lately it's just been a bit chokey and teary. But it's ok to cry. I think if more people cried and 'let it all out' more people would feel better. Our society is anti-crying. MAN UP!!! I think that's terrible. Pushes emotions away, and sometimes those emotions, though however painful they may be... are important to have, because they're YOURS. You own them.