iaawal

I lost my stuffed animal

10 posts in this topic

I take him to therapy. I've had him since I was 3. He doesn't fit in my bag so he goes inside a reusable bag. I left him on the bus. I waited at the transfer point for 1.5 hours hoping that the bus driver would come back but I think I was his last stop before he was done for the day. I called and left a report with the lost and found. 

I doubt anyone would take him. He's a dirty old stuffed animal that is almost falling apart. I want to cry so much. 

To make things worse. I didn't check the weather (something I always do!) and I left my place wearing cotton socks and booties. That's fine for cold weather when there isn't snow on the ground but it snowed so my feet are frozen. I bought socks and leg warmers but that didn't help since all I could find were cheap socks. All I could do was layer up my socks.

I almost lost my neck gaiter and I shrunk my favorite scarf.

Also my gloves were in that bag. 2nd pair I've lost this winter. 

I hate today. I just want to tell someone. I miss my stuffed animal so much. He was my only source of support growing up. I'm crying. 

I understand your pain, @iaawal, I have a stuffed animal too, that I sleep with every night....If I lost him, I don't what I'd do........He's almost falling apart, too...

Maybe you could find another that looks similiar?.....Not the same, I know, but that's what I'd try to do if I were you........I'm so sorry this happened.....Hopefully you will get him back soon....

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Oh no....This makes me so sad!!! I'm so sorry. I hope that the Lost & Found office finds it! I am quite embarrassed to admit (being a grown woman) I sleep next to my stuffed animal also. I used to only sleep with him when I was single/alone. But lately I've found it strangely comforting to bring him back (apart from the teasing/ridicule of my husband!)

What kind of animal is it & when did you get it? My bear is small, and the perfect snuggly shape. The velvet on his nose has rubbed off and I love him so.

Sorry to hear that. You'll find it again though. I would think that the driver would put it in lost and found. Give it some time.

8 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I understand your pain, @iaawal, I have a stuffed animal too, that I sleep with every night....If I lost him, I don't what I'd do........He's almost falling apart, too...

Maybe you could find another that looks similiar?.....Not the same, I know, but that's what I'd try to do if I were you........I'm so sorry this happened.....Hopefully you will get him back soon....

Good news!!!!! He's in the lost and found!! I didn't pick him up today because I didn't get out of bed till 4 but I will pick him up tomorrow. :D

Before I moved in with my ex, I slept with him every night. I couldn't fall asleep without him. I would freak if I couldn't find him (my mom would hide him as punishment). I used his butt as a pillow so the poor guy has the flattest ass in the world. :P 

7 hours ago, cloudmonger said:

Oh no....This makes me so sad!!! I'm so sorry. I hope that the Lost & Found office finds it! I am quite embarrassed to admit (being a grown woman) I sleep next to my stuffed animal also. I used to only sleep with him when I was single/alone. But lately I've found it strangely comforting to bring him back (apart from the teasing/ridicule of my husband!)

What kind of animal is it & when did you get it? My bear is small, and the perfect snuggly shape. The velvet on his nose has rubbed off and I love him so.

I slept with him until I moved in with my ex when I was 21. Now he stays hidden because I don't want my cat to play with him. It's nice having him in therapy though. 

It's a stuffed baby Mickey Mouse. I got him back in 1995. My uncle, who was like my father, gave him to me a few months before he died so Mickey has always held a special place in my heart. He's irreplaceable. Gave me a scare. I think I'm going to have to use a bigger bag so that I don't have to put him in a resusable bag. Mickey's nose is hard because whatever material he had on it rubbed off too. lol. 

7 hours ago, Southern Discomfort said:

Sorry to hear that. You'll find it again though. I would think that the driver would put it in lost and found. Give it some time.

I was so happy when the lady said she found him. :D 

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, iaawal said:

Good news!!!!! He's in the lost and found!! I didn't pick him up today because I didn't get out of bed till 4 but I will pick him up tomorrow. :D

iaawal, that's awesome!! I'm so glad he was found and is safe. What a relief!

I also sleep with a stuffed animal. I have two that I alternate between, sometimes the one I've had since I was a baby has too many bad memories attached to it, so I trade her for one that a close friend sent me when I was a teenager. 

iaawal--so glad he was turned in to the lost&found!

I've slept with the same stuffed bunny since I was young. I'm 34 now. Bunny even went with me to two different colleges. I can sleep without him when I'm traveling (not that I travel anymore). However, it always feels like there's a void in my arms/next to my cheek when he's not there to cuddle.

I wash him every so often (maybe once a year?) but always feel guilty about putting him through the wash since it's like I'm drowning him. Poor bunny.

I even have a backup stuffed animal should something terrible ever befall bunny. She was purchased around the same time as bunny and is the same shape and "consistency" as bunny (hardness/softness-wise) because they're from the same line of stuffed animals. So I keep her up on a shelf just in case. Even though I know it wouldn't be the same as bunny, she'd make a very good stand-in.

10 hours ago, iaawal said:

Ah that's good news! 

13 hours ago, iaawal said:

Wonderful..!!  I'm so glad he was found...!! :)

15 hours ago, Geek said:

iaawal, that's awesome!! I'm so glad he was found and is safe. What a relief!

I also sleep with a stuffed animal. I have two that I alternate between, sometimes the one I've had since I was a baby has too many bad memories attached to it, so I trade her for one that a close friend sent me when I was a teenager. 

Mickey has so many bad memories attached to him. There are actual tear and booger stains since I thought he was a tissue. :P That's great that you have one without the bad memories. It's sweet.

10 hours ago, aquarian said:

iaawal--so glad he was turned in to the lost&found!

I've slept with the same stuffed bunny since I was young. I'm 34 now. Bunny even went with me to two different colleges. I can sleep without him when I'm traveling (not that I travel anymore). However, it always feels like there's a void in my arms/next to my cheek when he's not there to cuddle.

I wash him every so often (maybe once a year?) but always feel guilty about putting him through the wash since it's like I'm drowning him. Poor bunny.

I even have a backup stuffed animal should something terrible ever befall bunny. She was purchased around the same time as bunny and is the same shape and "consistency" as bunny (hardness/softness-wise) because they're from the same line of stuffed animals. So I keep her up on a shelf just in case. Even though I know it wouldn't be the same as bunny, she'd make a very good stand-in.

Aww!! I hated traveling because it meant I couldn't take him because I was a teenager and embarrassed that I slept with a stuffed animal. Now I don't travel so...

I was always afraid the washer would tear him apart!! lol. That's cool you have a backup stuffed animal. Though I hope bunny is around for a long long time.

6 hours ago, Southern Discomfort said:

Ah that's good news! 

2 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Wonderful..!!  I'm so glad he was found...!! :)

Thanks, guys!!!!! So awesome to hear I'm not the only one sleeping with a stuffed animal. I would sleep with him now but I don't want my cat to attack him. :P I'm picking him up later today. 

Boy he's had quite a life. He's had knives/scissors held at him and now he ended up lost!